Question about Adam and Larry's playing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
They apparently took lessons after Zooropa right? (and Larry was in the Artane boys club band)

Sooo, my question for the musicians is: does it show on the post-Zooropa albums?

The bass on "Pop" is some of the best I've heard in contemporary music.

Listen to Mofo and hear both of them going at it for yourself.:wink:

Last edited:
adams bass playing on pop is fucken awesome. larrys playing post zooropa is pretty average, but thats probably due to his back problem. i was not a fan at all of larrys drumming on the elevation tour, he seemed to be hardly hitting the drums, but during the vertigo tour he is playing nice and hard, almost as hard as the jt days

I think in "love & peace or else" Adam gives his best.

As for Larry.. I love his drumbeat -- and I am still trying to figure out the rhythm is playing in "Exit"...

I miss Larry's old playing style, casually hitting the toms (for a easy example, think of the beat in With Or Without You). I gotta admit he's sounding kind of generic lately.

:(

kerc said:
I miss Larry's old playing style, casually hitting the toms (for a easy example, think of the beat in With Or Without You). I gotta admit he's sounding kind of generic lately.

:(

Yeah... in addition to that, I miss some of the stuff he had going on with October. That bass/hi hat combination he had for songs like I Threw A Brick Through A Window and Stranger In A Strange Land was great. Very minimalist. Once upon a time, his drums also had a way of adding to the mood/theme of a song - Exit, anyone? The frantic crashes right at the end sound like gunshots.

So anyway, I don't see much of a positive change in Larry. If anything, the lessons seem to have made him sound like any old drummer now. Adam seems to have improved a lot, though. See all of Pop and practically all of HTDAAB.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom