pro-lifers kill women

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
if i was female and having an abortion, this would be my response to all the pro-lifers:

"you can bitch and moan about it all you want, but i dont give two shits what you think. it's none of your goddamn business what i do so go worry about your own fucking life and stay the fuck outta mine. that goes for you too, big brother."

Originally Posted by AliEnvy
Fair enough, can you be more specific about what you found biased or missing?

Sorry I had to go to bed. But anyways, I think that the survey didn't take into account population of the countries and how liberal or conservative these countries are in other respects. And the bias is not from the article itself but the survey: "...carried out by the Guttmacher Institute - a pro-choice reproductive think tank..." But, theres obviosuly always gonna be a bias on both sides, and I think I just said that because it was late and I was tired and cranky :tongue:

a) the fetus isn't a human until it is born, has no conscience, conciousness, awareness or cognition.

I would rather have it end before it could feel pain, or cognate what was happening

There is quite a bit of research that suggests they can feel pain.

Also, consider this.

They weigh less than 3 pounds, usually, and are perhaps 15 inches long. But “they can remember,” reports Jennifer Harper of The Washington Times (July 16, 2009):

The unborn have memories, according to medical researchers who used sound and vibration stimulation, combined with sonography, to reveal that the human fetus displays short-term memory from at least 30 weeks gestation – or about two months before they are born.

"In addition, results indicated that 34-week-old fetuses are able to store information and retrieve it four weeks later," said the research, which was released Wednesday.

These findings were obtained by scientists from the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Maastricht University Medical Centre and the University Medical Centre at St. Radboud, both in the Netherlands, after a study employing “gentle but precise” sensory stimulation was made of 100 healthy pregnant women and their fetuses:

On five occasions during the last eight weeks of their pregnancies, the women received a series of one-second buzzes on their bellies with a "fetal vibroacoustic stimulator," a hand-held diagnostic device used to gauge an unborn baby's heart rate and general well-being.

The baby's responses – primarily eye, mouth and body movements – were closely monitored over the weeks with ultrasound imaging to gauge "fetal learning" patterns. The researchers found that the babies acclimated themselves to the sounds and vibrations to the point that they no longer bothered to respond – a process known as "habituation." "The stimulus is then accepted as 'safe' " by the babies, the study said.

EDIT: I wonder how much I'll get flamed for joining in :hyper:

I don't think that was stated anywhere, just abortion in general.

The unborn have memories, according to medical researchers who used sound and vibration stimulation, combined with sonography, to reveal that the human fetus displays short-term memory from at least 30 weeks gestation – or about two months before they are born.

Orderly.jpg

DON'T TREAD ON ME!

Get it?

It's an orderly with Bare Arms.

Too soon?

Sicy, no need to add.

I'm proud of myself -- I actually did get it! :lol:

A fetal heart beat can be detected as early as the fifth week of pregnancy. With Ultrasound. I know this first hand. I was going into my sixth week of pregnancy. When, I had a miscarriage. With my second child.

The hysterical fearmongering of botched abortions is an extremist ploy and is not hardly even valid these days. We do have morning after pills you know. Abortion rates in the US are at their lowest since R v W. It is stupid to be against abortion and against contraception. People are not going to stop fucking so you might as well use protection. Legalize pot! :rockon: It is my body my choice. People are not going to stop smoking weed so might as well make it safe and legal! Crack too and heroin! :crack:

It is queer how people that are pro-abortion are anti-death penalty, and vice versa...and people that believe in banning cigarette smoking are for legalizing the smoking of Marijuana...vice versa. The list of inconsistencies goes on.

The truth is people only support their own self interests, which people loathe to admit; due to the fact they have been taught from childhood to be ashamed of self interest. I believe “self interest” is the noblest of causes to fight for. It is the root of all mans God given freedoms.

Get ready to duck The Shootist!:sad:

They don't shoot Al Gore or Al Sharpton. (to name two so progressive people):wave:

but they will blast away at libertarian principles and the idiots who dare to speak about freedom.:huh:

Interesting, I've never this person.

The Shootist isn't too far off. Several lefties have pontificated on the forum about how much they love weed but hate cigarette smoking.

Yup, there's a few double standards on the left.

The dumbest thing was how important it is to have a smoke free enviornment inside a bar while you're wasting your brain cells with hard liquor. Yes the double standards abound, and people only preach to suit their own interests. The big mouthed spews some make would likely change if the subject were something they was against. It really makes no sense does it?

of course I suppose it is possible to be in a bar and just, you know, be having a glass or two, not exactly being wasted. That would be moderation.

Not to mention the bar staff.

Smoking ban worked well for me as I spent a lot of time in bars drinking water and juice in planning meetings for ITH while pregnant.

The dumbest thing was how important it is to have a smoke free enviornment inside a bar while you're wasting your brain cells with hard liquor. Yes the double standards abound, and people only preach to suit their own interests. The big mouthed spews some make would likely change if the subject were something they was against. It really makes no sense does it?

I have a choice how much alcohol I can put in my system, it's not my choice how much secondhand smoke I inhale.

Sometimes you should think out your posts.

fail

The Shootist isn't too far off. Several lefties have pontificated on the forum about how much they love weed but hate cigarette smoking.

Yup, there's a few double standards on the left.

I haven't seen it. I haven't seen one say to ban one and make the other legal...

i couldn't remember the photobucket extension for the animated crying eagle smiley, so i hope this will suffice in the meantime.

flag-nz.gif
it's
flag-911.gif
:D

re: smoking bans, this sounds crazy i know (no i mean i'm sure it does sound crazy), but i go to bars to eat food. bars usually have the most awesome food. i'd prefer not to inhale a ton of smoke too, though most bars here have just become 21+ as a result. i gotta admit though, it's funny to have a waitress come over and take my drink order and ask for id when i order iced tea. :lol:

it's
flag-911.gif
:D

re: smoking bans, this sounds crazy i know (no i mean i'm sure it does sound crazy), but i go to bars to eat food. bars usually have the most awesome food. i'd prefer not to inhale a ton of smoke too, though most bars here have just become 21+ as a result. i gotta admit though, it's funny to have a waitress come over and take my drink order and ask for id when i order iced tea. :lol:

Hey, look everyone - A COMMUNIST!

:angry:

Back
Top Bottom