Prickwillow, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have been thinking about upgrading to ff3 though...thoughts?

One word: Don't.

I was glad I still had the installation files for Firefox 2 on my old Mac, and just copied them over to the new Macbook rather than downloading Firefox 3. I used 3 on my mother's laptop at Christmas and didn't like it nearly as much.

I was glad I still had the installation files for Firefox 2 on my old Mac, and just copied them over to the new Macbook rather than downloading Firefox 3. I used 3 on my mother's laptop at Christmas and didn't like it nearly as much.

FF3 is MUCH better now. Far more reliable.

i've used it on other macs and it doesn't seem bad. and ff2 has crashed on me a few times of late, i'm wondering if it's cause my extensions are updating to ff3 or something...who knows.

and, on the topic of safari vs firefox, i could not browse without my extensions. i hope my work computer will have firefox and i can install extensions. though maybe i'd be more productive without optimal internet browsing set up :hmm:

i use safari because it came with my mac, and it's way better than firefox.

and i'm not normally the type to use something just because it came with the computer. i use what is better.

Suuuuure. We believe you. If screen names weren't shown, it would be near-impossible to determine which posts are by you and which are by Khan.

firefox with extensions vs. safari isn't a fair comparison, imo. of course firefox with a ton of extensions will be better than another browser. it's not a level playing field at all.

firefox with extensions vs. safari isn't a fair comparison, imo. of course firefox with a ton of extensions will be better than another browser. it's not a level playing field at all.

None of what I do with firefox for the most part has extensions. The only extensions I use are foxytunes, so I can control iTunes from the browser, Speed dial so I can click a frequently visited page when I open a new tab (like Chrome), andthe download manager, which, stops that damn download manager popup, and instead, downloads at the bottom of the page.

right, but other browsers don't have extensions, and firefox does, and i need them, end of story.

None of what I do with firefox for the most part has extensions. The only extensions I use are foxytunes, so I can control iTunes from the browser, Speed dial so I can click a frequently visited page when I open a new tab (like Chrome), andthe download manager, which, stops that damn download manager popup, and instead, downloads at the bottom of the page.
i have like 30 extensions, each doing its little part, except the ones i don't use that i periodically uninstall when i realize that they may have looked cool but i'm not using them

but i love adblockplus, scrapbook (which we have to thank for me preserving the anhilation tour wiki pages), all in one sidebar, tab mix plus, session manager is probably my number one...etc etc

my mac has made a few obsolete though. the gmail alert on my mac is better than the firefox gmail manager extension, which i'm thinking of uninstalling, and foxytunes i almost never use anymore because of the keyboard buttons for pause etc on the mac, though i do use the itunes snooze feature in foxytunes because wtf why doesn't itunes have a built in snooze feature (or have i not found it?)

does that make firefox any better, though? except personally.

and most of what ashley said is possible with safari anyway.

Really? Cause I've never been able to do it.

I don't dislike firefox, but, I don't get anything special out of it. Chrome is my second favorite browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom