Prickwillow, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
neither, it was because of this statement

" I do not believe in God. However, I do not think I would go as far as saying that I do not believe in God"

:lol::lol:

Ha, I see what you mean, but asserting that I do not believe in God would require there to be a meaningful conceptualisation of "God" for me to take a position on.

How come?
They're being ridiculous and immature. Okay, so we were all members of this online forum at one point, maybe not all at the same time. Picture it like Interference, and then there was this group of us who became really close friends, like the Superthread, except we conducted our friendship offsite, through AIM chats and livejournal.

A lot of people left the site eventually, due to disinterest, (myself included, even though I was a moderator for a while before I lost interest) but we remained friends in the group we formed. But apparently some problems sprung up in recent months among those still staying. One of the Administrators, a dear sweet woman who is extremely generous and kindhearted was part of our group. Some other people that were mods or staff members or at least invested in the wellbeing of the site apparently became disgruntled with how she was handling things.

They say they tried to settle it civilly, but it doesn't seem like they put much effort into it, because they ended up all leaving the site on the same day, citing the same reasons. If that's what they wanted, then I'm fine with it. I'm not on the site anymore either. My problem is that they're still trying to stir up trouble over it, still whining about how said Administrator was irresponsible and the site wasn't being run right anymore. I wish they would let it go and move on.

The worst part is that this has torn apart this group of friends, which includes all of the instigators, as well as the Administrator, and several innocent bystanders who just want to keep being friends with everyone, because they're not involved in the drama. I think it's so stupid and immature that they're all willing to destroy friendships which go back upwards of five years, just over some stupid forum politics.

The worst part is that this has torn apart this group of friends, which includes all of the instigators, as well as the Administrator, and several innocent bystanders who just want to keep being friends with everyone, because they're not involved in the drama. I think it's so stupid and immature that they're all willing to destroy friendships which go back upwards of five years, just over some stupid forum politics.

Ye gods, that is incredibly stupid. I can imagine how you feel... I can't believe how petty some people can be in situations like that. :hug:

I never bought Mad. I'd just do the back page fold-in at the grocery store, then put it back on the shelf.

YOU BITCH! I've always felt the need to kill the people who do that. Now I know where one is.

Eh, I always thought Duck was a weak link. Mort Drucker, George Woodbridge, Jack Davis, Paul Coker and Al Jaffee are/were my favourite artists from it.

Wait, I think I got Duck and Druck mixed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom