PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP FAQs - Most Common Questions & Answers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tiny dancer said:
Sicy, I just sent you an email saying that I was online Saturday night, and noticed that I am no longer listed as a Premium Member. I send Joel a check to renew for 2008 ,back in October, and he did get it, and my bank statement cleared it in November. I am really puzzled about this, for I really did pay and he did get my check.

I fwd your email to Joel.

tiny dancer: I emailed you yesterday about this.... issue has been resolved.

angelordevil: paypal does send you an email that your credit card is expiring, or that your subscription needs to be renewed. most people dont do anything about it though until they actually lose premium membership on the site. Since its been a manual process (setting people premium/regular) I just got caught up with everything..... so your premium may have been expired for awhile.

You need to go to your paypal account and search the history. Find the date you subscribed and then add 1 year (or month, depending on how you subscribed).

Seeing as I no longer have Premium status and don't have the money to renew right now, can a mod please reset my "custom title" (or whatever that thing is that says "It's Simple Mathematics" under my name) back to the default so it's not permanently Mos Def?

Gracias.

Helloo there Sicy! :wave:

I'm contemplating the pros and cons of premium membership, and I actually just came across something I wanted to ask. Is there any way to contact other members wihout being premium? Of course, besides just asking for their e-mail :rolleyes:

I was just wondering. And if not, what's the point of having "friends"/"contacts" if you don't have a premium?

At the moment there isnt another way, but they're still working on the premium/non premium features and may possibly open pm's up for everyone so just hang tight. At the moment you cant sign up for premium anyway untill they get this all worked out.

At the moment there isnt another way, but they're still working on the premium/non premium features and may possibly open pm's up for everyone so just hang tight. At the moment you cant sign up for premium anyway untill they get this all worked out.

At the risk of asking a stupid question, does this mean I can't yet renew my premiumness, which just expired?

*needs 5-7 business days to put $$ in her otherwise-neglected paypal account anyway* :D

Do you have a paypal account?

If not you'd have to mail an international money order to the board owner.

I´m in the same situation, I really want to be a premium member but I don´t own a credit card.

Is money order to send the money directly to the board owner ???? :reject: if it is so, what´s the direction because I can´t see it anywhere :reject:

Thanks in advance

PD: It´s about time to go premium :lol:

Actually the new board owner cant do money orders. I will find out what your other options are.

I´m in the same situation, I really want to be a premium member but I don´t own a credit card.

Is money order to send the money directly to the board owner ???? :reject: if it is so, what´s the direction because I can´t see it anywhere :reject:
If you do not have a credit card you can sign up for PayPal and then use their service. It connects directly to your bank account. I am not 100% certain but I think you can also use a feature through PayPal called eCheck.

Sorry no physical checks or cash are accepted for accounting reasons.

If you do not have a credit card you can sign up for PayPal and then use their service. It connects directly to your bank account. I am not 100% certain but I think you can also use a feature through PayPal called eCheck.

Sorry no physical checks or cash are accepted for accounting reasons.

Thank you both for trying to give me solutions :hug: :D I just called my bank and they can´t really solve the problem, I need to get a pre paid card for my internet shoppings wich cost 400 $ or get the 5000 $ for travels, that´s all we are allowed to change in my Country :|

Thank you very much again :D

No premium for me rigth now <burocracy> :angry:

Did you go to www.paypal.com to see if you can sign up with your bank account? Paypal is used by millions of people all over the world....

Yes I visited the .com :D and the bank guy told me that to pay by paypal I need to get that pre paid card first, that´s necesary to make the change from BsF to $.

There´s a strong exchage control in my country :angry:

Thank you :hug: eventually I´ll have to get that card :hmm:

Hmm well the other thing you can do is if you have a good friend here, they can pay for premium for you. You could work something out with them maybe like send them a money order?

Ok make sure they know the instructions for paying for another member's premium.

Can I pay for premium membership for another member?
If you'd like to purchase premium membership for another member, please to not use the payment link as this will just upgrade your own account for another year. You must send a payment manually to paypal[at]socialknowledge.net and include the username of the member you wish to pay for. Then pm Sicy or Andy with the paypal transaction ID number/details and member name so that we can properly update the subscriptions.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom