Post Your Scenic Photos 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BLOSS_BRANCH.jpg

Wow, so beautiful, such a deep blue sky. :love:

Lies & Justin, great pictures, I love the shells.

Curious how man shoot in manual mode? Shutter priority or aperture priority and automatic? I think we should all help fellow photographers in this thread with new ways to shoot, etc... what do you think?

Curious how man shoot in manual mode? Shutter priority or aperture priority and automatic? I think we should all help fellow photographers in this thread with new ways to shoot, etc... what do you think?

I'm open to any creative suggestions. Good idea!

NTALWAR what settings did you have your camera on and what camera did you use?

Very nice. That 5D MarkII must be very awesome to work with, it can record hd video too correct? How long have you been shooting?

Very nice. That 5D MarkII must be very awesome to work with, it can record hd video too correct? How long have you been shooting?

A few years on and off (mostly off). Yes - it does HD video but some video manual controls are not available (aperture, iso) unless a non-Canon lens is used or the lens is twisted "off" slightly. vimeo has some cool videos shot with that model.

Justin, I use a combination of settings. When I'm just playing around (like with my dogs or out with friends) I typically use auto, auto no flash, or sport (for the dogs). When I'm trying to actually get good shots of my dogs, I switch to manual depending on the lighting and the weather. In some lighting, my pics on auto will look washed out and overexposed. I think this is because I am focusing on a mostly black dog, but the camera doesn't know the dog is supposed to be black. When I was a kid I was always taking over my dad's SLR camera, so I had to to know how to manual focus, use the light meter, etc. With my own camera, the hardest thing for me is the aperture, I'm still learning that one. I don't really do concerts, night, or other low-light photography so often the preset modes on the camera work fine, as long as it gets the white balance right.

Justin, I use a combination of settings. When I'm just playing around (like with my dogs or out with friends) I typically use auto, auto no flash, or sport (for the dogs). When I'm trying to actually get good shots of my dogs, I switch to manual depending on the lighting and the weather. In some lighting, my pics on auto will look washed out and overexposed. I think this is because I am focusing on a mostly black dog, but the camera doesn't know the dog is supposed to be black. When I was a kid I was always taking over my dad's SLR camera, so I had to to know how to manual focus, use the light meter, etc. With my own camera, the hardest thing for me is the aperture, I'm still learning that one. I don't really do concerts, night, or other low-light photography so often the preset modes on the camera work fine, as long as it gets the white balance right.

Cool I use Manual mostly. But for concerts I use Aperture Priority and I don't try to go above 400 ISO other wise I get to much Digital noise. I'm sure if you went to youtube you can easily learn aperture. I usually just go for it.

Examples of Concert Shots :)

DSC_0167.jpg

DSC_0143-1.jpg

DSC_0131.jpg

DSC_0143.jpg

DSC_0252.jpg

DSC_0172.jpg

Cool I use Manual mostly. But for concerts I use Aperture Priority and I don't try to go above 400 ISO other wise I get to much Digital noise. [/IMG]

Good shots there. You might want to try shutter priority as well (for moving subjects).

I usually use that for concerts:

WIN4_UL.jpg

Good shots there. You might want to try shutter priority as well (for moving subjects).

I usually use that for concerts:

WIN4_UL.jpg

Nice work :)

Here are some shots from the photo shoot Zoostation (U2 Tribute band) and I did.
DSC_0037-1.jpg

DSC_0059-3.jpg

DSC_0069-1-1.jpg

DSC_0055-1.jpg

From my Lighting Class I took, think I might have posted these but some of my fav's now

_DSC0025.jpg

_DSC0020.jpg

_DSC0023.jpg

Test shot a few days before the Zoostation shoot.
_DSC0062_edited-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom