**POSSIBLE SPOILERS** The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 Rehearsal Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
better reaction than hearing Pavarotti's canned singing.

I very much doubt they'd do it that way live after Bono managed it every time except the sole Popmart rendition. He'd be saving his voice, unless they've got a secret special guest to do that bit every night.

I'm not wild about them "recycling" rarities. it's lazy. I wasn't happy about it in 2015, but I gave it a pass if Bono was still healing and there were 3-4 strong new songs.

Personally, I'd rather hear a good song a second time years down the road than hearing something that's never played just for the sake of hearing it... assuming it's terrible live.

UV or, say, Gloria? They probably work live better than most songs. Miss Sarajevo, I don't really have to hear again... but it'd be one song out of 20 if it comes to it.

Btw, did we always use "MS" for Miss Sarajevo's acornym? When I saw Prbiker use it after quoting the @U2 link, I instantly thought of the disease.

U2 > News > 'The Joshua Tree Singles Vinyl Collection: 1987 & 2017'

large.jpg

U2 2017 subscriber gift. Side A is remastered single, Side B is a live version from this summer.

Well slap my ass and call me Sally. I guess I need to become a subscriber again.

I'm not worried at all about rarities outside of Joshua Tree because we're already getting a 30-year old song that's never been played, two songs that haven't been played in 30 years, and three special occasion rarities that will be performed nightly. We know they're coming so we aren't surprised, but it's still a big deal these songs are getting played. If Exit showed up at one show on i+e I'm sure many of us would lose our minds. The way I see it, any rarity outside of JT is gravy.

Personally, I'd rather hear a good song a second time years down the road than hearing something that's never played just for the sake of hearing it... assuming it's terrible live.

UV or, say, Gloria? They probably work live better than most songs. Miss Sarajevo, I don't really have to hear again... but it'd be one song out of 20 if it comes to it.

Btw, did we always use "MS" for Miss Sarajevo's acornym? When I saw Prbiker use it after quoting the @U2 link, I instantly thought of the disease.

Just about all these songs are better than some of the stuff they did do in Stadiums since 2005.

Please
Window in the Skies
Hawkmoon 269
Love Rescue Me
Tryin' To Throw
Dirty Day
Sort of Homecoming
Two Hearts Beat As One
Seconds
Tomorrow
Electrical Storm
Surrender
Wire
Mercy
Who's Gonna Ride your Wild Horses
So Cruel
Night & Day
Last Night on Earth
A Man and a Woman
Kite
Last Night on Earth
No Line on the Horizon
Gone

By the time this subscription Gift gets shipped a completist would have bought 40 versions of these 4 songs live.

I'm not too worried from that perspective. If I were, then maybe I'd have a problem with the 20-50 versions I have of One, BD, WOWY and all those songs that are on bootleg as well. The U22 releases seemed to take care of having a few CD-quality versions of lesser played songs too, so I can probably appreciate something like this from the aesthetic point of view.

Lou Gehrig's song.

Heard the periscope in full. As far as I can hear:

1. Is it full Exit?

Yes, and it sounds massive.

2. Is IGC full band or acoustic?

Full band with guitar solo

3. Is Trip full band or acoustic

Full band with Harmonica

As far as I can hear nothing is accoustic, all electric. Sounding true to originals while having some interesting changes as well.

PS. RHMT sounds like it has added organ or something, and tuned 1/2 to a full note lower than the record. But Bono does hit the chorus :)

Thanks for answering. RHMT is a full step down, I checked last night.

But this is beyond great news. They're doing it right, Wow.

This tour has a chance to be a massive adrenaline shot into U2's relevance. And no, I won't be listening to any fucking complaints after this news. They can play Red Light and Stand Up Comedy otherwise for all I care. If they do TJT properly, who can complain?

And full Exit sounding "massive" is the best U2 news I've heard in about a decade.

I wonder what Bono will do during the outro of Exit since he doesn't play guitar anymore. He used to fiddle with the knobs on his amp and pound his guitar and flip his hair back in '87.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom