Portland Setlist Watch, Stream, and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
heyho_letsgo said:
Hi guys!

(I stayed up LAST night to write a 12 page paper on Foucault and Brokeback Mountain, then took a nap from 2-8:30.)

I'm glad I'm not the only English-loving geek here who was up waaaaaay to late last night putting literary theory to work :wink:

GibsonGirl said:

The Wall... :drool:

"YOU LITTLE SH*T YOU'RE IN IT NOW I HOPE THEY THROW AWAY THE KEY YOU SHOULD HAVE TALKED TO ME MORE OFTEN THAN YOU DID BUT NO!"

You have to eat you meat before you can have any pudding!

you can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat!

Wow, this is interesting:
There are a striking number of coincidences between events in the movie and musical cues (and lyrics) on the 1973 Pink Floyd album, "Dark Side of the Moon". It is highly improbable that the band had a print of the movie with them at Abbey Road, and few attempt to claim it to have been deliberate (David Gilmour dismisses it as nonsense), but the coincidences are remarkable nonetheless. If you begin the album on the third roar of the MGM lion (using the NTSC version of the movie, not the 25 fps PAL version which runs a little over 4% faster) the coincidences include (but are not limited to):

* The line "balanced on the biggest wave" comes as Dorothy balances on the fence.
* The song "On the Run" starts as Dorothy falls off the fence.
* "The Great Gig in the Sky" begins when the tornado first appears.
* The song "Us and Them" is played when Dorothy meets the Wicked Witch of the West.
* The line "black and blue" is repeated when they are talking to one another (Dorothy in her blue outfit, the Wicked Witch in black).
* The line "the lunatic is on the grass..." coincides with Dorothy meeting the Scarecrow.
* When we first see Miss Gulch on her bicycle, the song "Time" starts with its bells and alarms.
* Dorothy asks Professor Marvel what else he sees in his crystal ball as the line "thought I'd something more to say" comes along in the song "Time".
* As the Scarecrow sings "If I Only Had a Brain", Pink Floyd sing "Brain Damage".
* Side 1 of the original vinyl album (up to the end of "The Great Gig in the Sky") is exactly as long as the black and white portion of the film.
* As Dorothy listens to the Tin Man's chest, the album ends with the famous heartbeat sound effect.

Lila64 said:
just heard from U2Fanatic4Ever (Amy). She's on the outer rail where Bono comes up for COBL. Texting for more info...

Hi alison0313 :wave:

Hi Lila! You are such a good hostess/greeter to our setlist parties :cute:

LemonMacPhisto said:

There are a striking number of coincidences between events in the movie and musical cues (and lyrics) on the 1973 Pink Floyd album, "Dark Side of the Moon". It is highly improbable that the band had a print of the movie with them at Abbey Road, and few attempt to claim it to have been deliberate (David Gilmour dismisses it as nonsense), but the coincidences are remarkable nonetheless. If you begin the album on the third roar of the MGM lion (using the NTSC version of the movie, not the 25 fps PAL version which runs a little over 4% faster) the coincidences include (but are not limited to):

* The line "balanced on the biggest wave" comes as Dorothy balances on the fence.
* The song "Us and Them" is played when Dorothy meets the Wicked Witch of the West.
* The line "black and blue" is repeated when they are talking to one another (Dorothy in her blue outfit, the Wicked Witch in black).
* The line "the lunatic is on the grass..." coincides with Dorothy meeting the Scarecrow.
* When we first see Miss Gulch on her bicycle, the song "Time" starts with its bells and alarms.
* Dorothy asks Professor Marvel what else he sees in his crystal ball as the line "thought I'd something more to say" comes along in the song "Time".
* As the Scarecrow sings "If I Only Had a Brain", Pink Floyd sing "Brain Damage".
* Side 1 of the original vinyl album (up to the end of "The Great Gig in the Sky") is exactly as long as the black and white portion of the film.
* As Dorothy listens to the Tin Man's chest, the album ends with the famous heartbeat sound effect.

I've heard of that before, and I agree with Dave. :lol: I'd be interested to try it out, though. :hmm:

Did someone say beachball?
icon_beachball.gif

And hello heyho_letsgo :wave:

Hi redkat & DianeL :hug:

LemonMacPhisto said:

My sister and I did that once :reject:.

It was pretty interesting for a little bit, but it got boring after a while. We didn't do it for the whole movie.

ThoraSEB said:
At the rate we're going at right now, I'd say we're on track to make a setlist party thread record!

Thats SO nice! :hyper:

Perhaps we can get the most widest array of music in stream history!

FREEBIRDDDDD! :rockon:

kellyahern said:

My sister and I did that once :reject:.

It was pretty interesting for a little bit, but it got boring after a while. We didn't do it for the whole movie.

I could never watch all of The Wizard of Oz, it bored me when I was a little kid and still does today :reject:

Speaking of songs going on forever, I think it's time to listen to Dogs. :drool: 17:08. Pink Floyd, how I love you.

I'm not very familiar with Kanye, I know the Golddigger song.. I'm enjoying what I've heard so far from the stream. I'm just wondering how good is he live.. this song playing now seems impossible to do live :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom