PLEBAns, check the General Tour Discussion forum ASAP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh my god!
It was barely a year ago she was ill if it turns out to be her that is.
"The 47th Grammy Awards were held on February 13 , 2005 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles."

Poor thing!
Just look at the expression in Edge's face

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeqzJ82EkJs&search=u2 grammys
:sad:

That's so terrible, I don't know what to say...I guess "get well soon" could help.

Carek1230 said:
I know the feeling. :( Since I read the first post then double checked U2.com I have literally been stunned, numb, saddened. Saying prayers for the band and families. Staying mature and strong in believing that the band will come back and fans won't be disappointed. I won't anyway. I sit reading post after post and am appalled at some responses. I'm all set ready to go to Hawaii and it took a lot of saving and creative planning to do this but none of it means a thing to me because I'd rather the band do exactly what they are doing which is rallying around to support one another through a tough time. They have been through ups and downs and they will pull thru this. My heart just goes out to them whatever the problem or illness is and I am not going to speculate or assume. I will patiently wait it out to see what transpires. I think us fans, as ONE should all send positive vibes and thoughts to the families of U2 right now.

I just read about the tour postponement.
Because of the family illness.
And am at a loss for words.

You said it beautifully, K.
With the above post.
Right along the line of my thoughts.

All I can add is that my heart just dropped to my stomach.

Healing vibes and positive thoughts.
Much strength and love.
For all.
Hope that everything will be alright.

Last edited:
I just found out about 10 minutes ago, I'm lost for words. My hope and prayers go out to all the boys and their families.

I have felt too sad about this to post anything earlier... my prayers to U2 and and their families.

My prayers to U2 & their families. All the love that is felt for them around the world will come together to help them be strong. :hug: :heart:

I just read about this on u2.com and I feel so sorry for all the U2 fans of Australian, New Zealand, Japan and Hawaii who were so looking forward to seeing U2. :(
And my heart, thoughts and prayers go out to "the family member" who's ill and hope and pray for her recovery back to good health soon.:edge: :hug: :heart:

Just read this on "the daily telegraph:"

Bono seeks comfort

By KATHY McCABE

March 10, 2006

"It was meant to be a short holiday with the family before the start of the final gruelling leg of U2's world tour.
But yesterday singer Bono was taking comfort from his wife Ali and their family, including sons Elijah and John, after the Irish supergroup put the Vertigo tour – including two sold-out Sydney dates – on hold due to the serious illness of one of the band's relatives.

As Bono and his family spent the day boating on Sydney Harbour, sympathetic fans speculated that the tour was halted by an illness affecting one of guitarist The Edge's children.

U2's international promoter The Next Adventure and local agent Michael Coppel said: "This action is unavoidable due to the illness of an immediate family member of the band."
TNA president Arthur Fogel said: "Any fan of U2 will realise that this decision has not been taken lightly.

The postponement could cost many diehard fans thousands of dollars in non-refundable airfares and accommodation.

But even those fans were quick to post notices on U2-related internet forums expressing their sympathy for the band members and their families.

The Edge dedicated one of the band's recent Grammy wins to his eight-year-old daughter Sian, who it is believed was suffering a serious illness last year. The Edge has four daughters and a son.

Several containers of staging and other production equipment for the massive outdoor extravaganza has already arrived in Australia. Mr Coppel yesterday confirmed American hip-hop superstar Kanye West, who was the major support act for the tour here, will go ahead with his own headlining shows. "

If it is Edge's little girl, as a parent, I can but imagine what a difficult time they are going through. Our prayers are with you. All our love and support to you guys! :heart:

Last edited:
God, I really, really hope everything turns out okay, I am desperately sorry for Edge and his family if that's what's happened. I am very angry and saddened that anyone pretending to be a U2 fan would ever, ever be more concerned about tickets and money than the band, and I hope people get some sense and realise this is the most important thing in the world.

I really hope it'll be okay.

OMG I can't even imagine what they must be going through....their faith will get them through this difficult time, and thank god they have each other....I will constantly be thinking of his little girl and praying for everyone. As a parent I am so sadden of hearing their heartache. I hope everyone will be okay and healthy really soon.:sad:

The president of U2's international promoter, Canada-based The Next Adventure, said: "Any fan of U2 will realise that this decision has not been taken lightly. We will announce further details as soon as we have them."

No one at Michael Coppel Presents or the band's record company, Universal, was prepared to elaborate on the "illness" that had cut short the tour, but speculation on the internet suggests it may be a band member's child.

At last month's Grammys, the group's guitarist, The Edge, dedicated one of the band's awards to his daughter, Sian. There have been unconfirmed reports that she has leukemia.

U2 was to have wound up the Vertigo tour in Honolulu on April 8 and it is understood it does not have touring commitments after then. That leaves the door open for rescheduled gigs later this year, possibly in November.

I'm really sorry to hear this. I hope the family member that is ill makes a full and well recovery. U2, I am with you a 100% in whatever decisions you decide to make. We all love you! :hug: :heart:

The Edge's eight-year-old daughter Sian.

Sian, the guitarist's fourth child, was believed to have been diagnosed with leukemia in late 2004 or early 2005, which led to the postponement of the US leg of the tour last March.

Oh no...
I read that Bono was meant to be at a One fundraiser in L.A. last week and unexpectedly didn't show up. That sounded weird and I've been nervously checking Interfernece this week. I guess this was the reason. Horrible. Praying for them all now.

wow I just heard about it.. now reading the other thread aswell, and I don't want to read on.. not going to do it anywayz
if there's one thing I hate is that people put money over a life! they whine about how much they paid for it, so what? It's just feckin money! A life's worth much much more!
Hope everything's gonna be alright... :sad: :(

JCOSTER said:

Sian, the guitarist's fourth child, was believed to have been diagnosed with leukemia in late 2004 or early 2005, which led to the postponement of the US leg of the tour last March.

PS: Sian is the beautiful little girl who looks just like Edge, in the other thread I had called her a little Edgette.

thankyou said:
Just read this on "the daily telegraph:"

Bono seeks comfort

By KATHY McCABE

March 10, 2006

"It was meant to be a short holiday with the family before the start of the final gruelling leg of U2's world tour.
But yesterday singer Bono was taking comfort from his wife Ali and their family, including sons Elijah and John, after the Irish supergroup put the Vertigo tour – including two sold-out Sydney dates – on hold due to the serious illness of one of the band's relatives.

As Bono and his family spent the day boating on Sydney Harbour, sympathetic fans speculated that the tour was halted by an illness affecting one of guitarist The Edge's children.

U2's international promoter The Next Adventure and local agent Michael Coppel said: "This action is unavoidable due to the illness of an immediate family member of the band."
TNA president Arthur Fogel said: "Any fan of U2 will realise that this decision has not been taken lightly.

The postponement could cost many diehard fans thousands of dollars in non-refundable airfares and accommodation.

But even those fans were quick to post notices on U2-related internet forums expressing their sympathy for the band members and their families.

The Edge dedicated one of the band's recent Grammy wins to his eight-year-old daughter Sian, who it is believed was suffering a serious illness last year. The Edge has four daughters and a son.

Several containers of staging and other production equipment for the massive outdoor extravaganza has already arrived in Australia. Mr Coppel yesterday confirmed American hip-hop superstar Kanye West, who was the major support act for the tour here, will go ahead with his own headlining shows. "

If it is Edge's little girl, as a parent, I can but imagine what a difficult time they are going through. Our prayers are with you. All our love and support to you guys! :heart:

just found a pic that goes with this story:

01658512061900.jpg

I just found out about this when I turned on my computer this morning, and am still trying to absorb it all. I started reading through the posts from yesterday, but there are too many, and too disgusting. How can people be so selfish as to worry about themeselves when one of the band are facing such an awful thing?

I'm just kind of reeling and shocked right now. I think the only worse news in the u2 world would be if a band member had died or gotten ill. This is just devastatingly sad. I'm glad there is a forum and thread like this one to post in, because a lot of non-u2 fans just don't understand how close and connected we all feel with the band.

I hope the boys and their families can feel all our love and support today. I hope for us all and especially for them that there is some good news soon.:hug:

JCOSTER said:

OH God! Not that!!!! Not leukemia!!! Not the little girl..... God I hope this isn't true......

:sad: My thoughts and praters go out to the band and there family. What a sad time it is.

JCOSTER said:
Please post in u2's Prayer/Good Vibes Prayer Chain in Everything You Know is Wrong forum.

Thank you for that JCoster... I posted, it's a really nice place and comforting to hear the love that U2's fans have to offer them at a sad time like this. :)

I am so rattled by this news, being a mom myself with a children around the same age, I have been a fan with U2 right from the begining, we have matured together over the years.....my heart is aching for Edge & Morileigh. :(

Back
Top Bottom