Pleban Girls Party: We go through threads like clothes!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mucca!! :hug: Feeling better?

DG, I rarely ever go see movies in theatres cause I hate theatres...I have the attention span of a gnat and find it hard to sit for 2 hours straight. Even when we rent dvds, it takes us 3 or 4 hours to get through a 2 hour movie. But this one? I was spellbound the entire time. Johnny Depp :heart: Tim Burton :heart: and a Danny Elfman soundtrack. :heart:

VintagePunk said:

DG, I rarely ever go see movies in theatres cause I hate theatres...I have the attention span of a gnat and find it hard to sit for 2 hours straight. Even when we rent dvds, it takes us 3 or 4 hours to get through a 2 hour movie. But this one? I was spellbound the entire time. Johnny Depp :heart: Tim Burton :heart: and a Danny Elfman soundtrack. :heart:

Johnny Depp and Tim Burton good enough...but Danny Elfman is doing the original score? I :bow: to him, and the guy who did the score of the Aviator.

Yes, I'm a movie nerd. :reject:

SP, it's wonderful isn't it? :drool:

Mucca, not sure I want to really build up a tolerance again! :lmao:

OMG I almost typed in Johnny Burton :lmao:

Mucca said:
DG :hug: feeling a little buzzed eh?

VP:hug: How was the HP thing?

SP:hug:

It was good! We had to go to this city about 30 minutes away to find a store open at midnight..it's this area with a ton of plazas, restaurants, and the bookstore (Chapters) is right next door to a big screen theatre...so, we went for dinner right by there, then stopped into the theatre to buy our tickets, then over to the bookstore...it was already crowded and people were starting to line up (around 9 pm). Ran into one of Sarah's friends there, and then she headed over with us to see the movie...it got out right at midnight, ran over to the store, the girls got right in and grabbed their books, the longest part was waiting in line to pay, that took about 45 minutes or so.

VintagePunk said:

:yes:
I'm still coughing quite a bit but at least my nose as stopped running :D
Although it's hell sleeping at night cause my nose gets totally clogged up and I can't breathe :madspit:

Johnny Depp looks really creepy in this movie....I never read the book or watchd the older version.

When I was catching up, I read that Drea hated the first movie...she really should give this one a chance. Apparently, Dahl hated the original movie and pulled his permission for a sequel. With this current movie, Dahl's daughter is executive producer, and says her dad would have loved it. Other than one minor subplot, it's very true to the book. It retains all the /creepiness/snarkiness of the book, as well as the dark humour....and Depp's facial expressions - funny as hell!! Couldn't look at him on screen without laughing!

Can't sleep...

Hey VP, you may want to check back in this thread.. not sure of the page, you might want to start around page 14... but Sarah will like the Sim update :)

Hotness aside, Depp's an amazing actor...he's been one of my faves since back around the time of Edward Scissorhands. And I LOVE the roles he chooses, and the risks he takes!

Drea said:
Can't sleep...

Hey VP, you may want to check back in this thread.. not sure of the page, you might want to start around page 14... but Sarah will like the Sim update :)

I saw it when I was catching up...adorable!! :cute: I told Sarah about it, and she glanced at the screen from across the room, but for now, she cant tear herself away from Harry. :lol:

daygloeyes2 said:
The last book, I got at midnight when my mother and I stood in line. I finished it at about 6 or 7 that morning. :lol:

Sarah did the same thing...She read while standing in line to pay, couldn't read on the drive home (highway driving, too dark :lol: ), and then finished it at about 6 am or so. She's doing the same thing tonight.

She pointed out something funny earlier...said this is her first time reading a book when she's older than Harry is. :lol: with the last book, she was the same age as him, and all the others, younger.

VintagePunk said:

Sarah did the same thing...She read while standing in line to pay, couldn't read on the drive home (highway driving, too dark :lol: ), and then finished it at about 6 am or so. She's doing the same thing tonight.

She pointed out something funny earlier...said this is her first time reading a book when she's older than Harry is. :lol: with the last book, she was the same age as him, and all the others, younger.

Wow, that would mean that's true for me too :ohmy:

I've grown up with Harry Potter and the gang *tear*

Downloading Croke 2 now :drool:

VintagePunk said:

I saw it when I was catching up...adorable!! :cute: I told Sarah about it, and she glanced at the screen from across the room, but for now, she cant tear herself away from Harry. :lol:

:lol: I suppose she'll be much more impressed with her sim!self after she finds out who the Half Blood Prince is :wink:

Wild gave it to me, so it could have been either of us...but Last time I checked weeks back, they'd taken all the shows down...they must have put them back up!! :hyper: *goes to see what they have*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom