Pleban Girls Party - Sunday night music club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
VP! :hyper: I read this and thought of you. :lmao: (And Bri!)

As posted on my friend's blog:

The mother, dissatisfied with her relationship with her husband turns for satisfaction to her son. Hateful of men in the world she quenches his male tendancies (exploration, courage, etc), guilting him into weakness–promising always to be there for him, with the dagger of an implication that he will never leave her.

…subconciously petrified of the power of his mother this man grows up intimidated by the gender in general and ends up mistreating any woman he comes into contact with. He grows up to be exactly the kind of husband to dissatisfy his wife and have her turn to her son. …

The tyranical father honours his daughter above all else. Sets up an excellent power struggle between the mother and daughter. The daughter grows up to do everything she can to try to impress her father, or make him happy, meaning that her entire world becomes like an inverted projection of his heirarchy of values.

…Father destroys daugther, mother destroys son, father challenges son, mother oppresses daughter.

My professors insight on Freud for the day? – “If you’re not offended by what Freud has to say, then you can be bloody well sure you don’t understand it”.

:lol:

VintagePunk said:

That was actually my first guess. :wink:

Jem!! :hug: How are you? Sorry your stomach's not feeling well :(

Sarah was doing educational things, meeting people from other countries, like you two...and going out watching her mother drink at 2 am every night. :shifty: :lmao:

Educational..:eyebrow: .it certainly was. Is Sarah totally corrupted yet :shifty:

VintagePunk said:

Jem!! :hug : How are you? Sorry your stomach's not feeling well : (

Sarah was doing educational things, meeting people from other countries, like you two...and going out watching her mother drink at 2 am every night. :shifty : :lmao :

apart from the stomach im, fine! been in a happy mood today :happy: even though its a monday :shrug::lol:

Im sure it was v educational for Sarah, she learnt how to stalk, deal with hotels, saw other cities, was cultured by music, learnt how to deal with nosy taxi drivers and learnt to saty away from balconies :lmao::lmao:

:love::hug: TO/Chi

how are you? :hug:

did you get your parcel yet? :hyper:

Sorry girls, now i'm running around trying to make dinner. Damn kids and their need to be fed. :madwife: :wink:

Fly... :lmao: Too funny! Stuff like that does happen in some dysfunctional families, but the mechanisms behind it certainly aren't what Freud proposed. :nerd:

Wild, sorry you're not well today, too. :(

Hi Sarah :hug:

VintagePunk said:

Fly... :lmao: Too funny! Stuff like that does happen in some dysfunctional families, but the mechanisms behind it certainly aren't what Freud proposed. :nerd:

:lol: Ahh I see! I'm so glad I have you girls to educate me; I find all this stuff really interesting! And humourous. :wink:

I've gotta run to a yoga/pilates class girls! I may be back on later but I have to be up early for clinical so we'll see. :hug: Have a good night!

Jules!! (if you're still here) :hug: Have you checked out "the thread" lately? :shifty:

Drea, in theory she's old enough to make her own dinner. However, in practice, having a kid, no matter how old, whining that they're hungry - a mother's natural reaction is to feed them. :wink:

Hi Chickadee :wave:

See you, Fly :sad: :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom