PLEBAn Girls Party- Sliding Down The Surface of Things...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My computer is in the corner, and I have to turn around to physically see the TV. My desk is kinda triangular, so it fits perfectly into the corner. Before, when I had a laptop, it was no problem to move it around the living room, but now that I have a desktop, it has to stay where it is. It makes watching TV at the same time a bit more difficult, and I'm too lazy to be turning around all the time. :lol:

VintagePunk said:

Canadian politics are amusing. Not as hardcore as the US, not as many serious scandals...think more of a bunch of children bickering. :wink: :lol:

No Foley Scandal?:sad: You don't have a representative that was screwing young male pages. Damn, you're missing out up there...LOL

Russty Cat said:
:lol: I am on the laptop in the living room. I tend to computer while I'm watching tv.

:lol: Bri the mind whore thing was good. I had to steal it. And for clarification I'm moving to Southern California. :laugh:

Well, I guess I can let you use it...:wink: And sorry for the mix-up, I remember you said B was in N. Carolina, so I assumed you were heading that way...:reject:

No, it's only priests that have sex with underage males up here. :sad: :lol:

Thora, I'm so used to having a computer in my hands at all times, it's sad. :reject: Watching tv without it doesn't seem right.

Sarah and I have talked about this - I've told her about the pre-internet days (gasp - :wink: ), back when we used to have to go to the library and shit, to solicit information. And now, I rely on it for everything from getting weather forecasts, to banking, to companionship and entertainment....it's sad, really. :lol:

VintagePunk said:
No, it's only priests that have sex with underage males up here. :sad: :lol:

Thora, I'm so used to having a computer in my hands at all times, it's sad. :reject: Watching tv without it doesn't seem right.

Sarah and I have talked about this - I've told her about the pre-internet days (gasp - :wink: ), back when we used to have to go to the library and shit, to solicit information. And now, I rely on it for everything from getting weather forecasts, to banking, to companionship and entertainment....it's sad, really. :lol:

Well, that's upsetting...but hey Foley said the reason he was screwing teenage boys was because he was molested by his priest when he was a little boy:ohmy: and what you said about the Internet..how did you know what was in my mind?:eyebrow:

I usually sit in my chair and face the TV, and turn my attention back to the computer on commercial breaks, or if what I have on isn't keeping my attention. Like right now - there's some show on with Elaine from Seinfeld on that's providing background noise.

Three and a half years ago I didn't have internet OR a TV. I was in a pretty bad place in my life, and couldn't afford to have any of that. I was at the library pretty much every day using their computers and taking out books. God, I'm so glad those days are over! :lol: I'm totally the same - I go nuts if I don't have internet access. I don't know what I'd do without it.

U2isthebest said:

Well, that's upsetting...but hey Foley said the reason he was screwing teenage boys was because he was molested by his priest when he was a little boy:ohmy: and what you said about the Internet..how did you know what was in my mind?:eyebrow:

Don't forget the alcoholism! Alcoholism is a very convinient excuse for like everything. :wink:

Mel Gibson and anti-semitism, anyone? :rolleyes:

ThoraSEB said:
I usually sit in my chair and face the TV, and turn my attention back to the computer on commercial breaks, or if what I have on isn't keeping my attention. Like right now - there's some show on with Elaine from Seinfeld on that's providing background noise.

Three and a half years ago I didn't have internet OR a TV. I was in a pretty bad place in my life, and couldn't afford to have any of that. I was at the library pretty much every day using their computers and taking out books. God, I'm so glad those days are over! :lol: I'm totally the same - I go nuts if I don't have internet access. I don't know what I'd do without it.

We got our first computer when Sarah was 3. She'll be 19 in March, so....15/16 years ago? It was an Atari. You could click to start a game of Solitaire, go do something for five minutes, and if it was ready when you came back, you'd be lucky. :lol:

I think it was '96 when we got online?? Something like that.

There are SO many things we talk about conversationally....things we want to know, and if our internet, or the power is out, we reach for the computer, and if we can't get on, we're all like: :ohmy: :sigh: :(

:lol:

VintagePunk said:

We got our first computer when Sarah was 3. She'll be 19 in March, so....15/16 years ago? It was an Atari. You could click to start a game of Solitaire, go do something for five minutes, and if it was ready when you came back, you'd be lucky. :lol:

I think it was '96 when we got online?? Something like that.

There are SO many things we talk about conversationally....things we want to know, and if our internet, or the power is out, we reach for the computer, and if we can't get on, we're all like: :ohmy: :sigh: :(

:lol:

You should see me when I can't get online...I :rant: :sad: :banghead: It's humorous for all around me...

Nighty night Drea :hug: :heart:

My parents and in laws bought us our first puter so we could email them to keep in contact. When I became house bound in 99 I started using it a ton. I didn't have a clue till then how much was on the net. :drool: Now I get pissed when I can't get on. :lol:

I've had computers for years, but just that period of time I didn't have internet access. As hard as that year was, I actually read so much more, and got more accomplished. I felt a hell of a lot more intelligent then than I do now. :lol:

I do remember Atari - that was so cool! :lol:

Well, I really gotta get going now. I promised myself I'd get to bed early tonight. Last night I had one of the worst nightmares I've ever had (and I rarely ever have bad dreams), and as a result I couldn't fall back asleep after it. Hopefully tonight I'll only have good dreams.

Have a good night everyone! :hug:

Sweet dreams Thora :hug: :heart:

We had atari and colleco-vision (sp?) many moons ago. And my parents first puter was a Comodore 64. A beast of a thing.

I should head to bed as well. Mini-cat has a field trip in the morning and I have to make sure she makes the bus for it. Nighty night :wave: :heart:

Russty Cat said:
Sweet dreams Thora :hug: :heart:

We had atari and colleco-vision (sp?) many moons ago. And my parents first puter was a Comodore 64. A beast of a thing.

I should head to bed as well. Mini-cat has a field trip in the morning and I have to make sure she makes the bus for it. Nighty night :wave: :heart:

Good-night Russty!! Have a good night's rest!:hug: I'll talk to you later!

Russty Cat said:
And my parents first puter was a Comodore 64. A beast of a thing.

The commodore! We had one too! I used to love playing around with it when I was a kid! My big brother actually managed to design a game on it, and he called it "Frodo chasing frogs." :lol: Nothing too advanced. :lmao:

I've been trying to catch up on the threads since I left last night, but at the moment, I have the attention span of a two year old. I'm off to school in an hour to have the first part of my exam. :yikes: Fortunately, it's all of my study group, we're going to give a presentation about bullying and how to prevent it, so I won't be alone up there at least. :happy:

Have a nice day/night everyone!

~BrightestStar~ said:
:shifty:

Just thought I'd check in to let you know that while Orgo chem may have crushed my spirit and eaten my soul....

I'm not dead. :happy:

Catch you girlies later. :hug::heart:

Crushed spirit and eaten soul....:shocked: :yikes: that's not good! Glad your're alive...I was wondering what had happened to you! I'm sure you'll be back! Later!:hug:

~BrightestStar~ said:
:shifty :

Just thought I'd check in to let you know that while Orgo chem may have crushed my spirit and eaten my soul....

I'm not dead. :happy:

Catch you girlies later. :hug ::heart :

:hug::heart: Bri hang in there....you want me to send in reinforcements to save you.....

lemons.jpg

The Lemons will save you. :kiss::wink:

:reject: Well it made me laugh. :lol: Seriously i :bow: down to you for studying something so hard. You will kick its ass. :rockon:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom