PLEBAn Girls Party - Silly Rabbit, Adam's for PLEBANS! (from Cindy)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
greeneyedgirl said:
Hi Diane
Hi Drea, story time.....come on, do tell.....

Okay... Dad worked at a gas station in Windsor either just before or just after he and Mom got married, so it would've been 1970..

These Americans drive up to get gas, and tell Dad they're going to Montreal for a picnic (*snerk* Please note that Windsor is 4 hours from TO, and Montreal is a good 6-7 hours more) and then go home. They ask him if they can do it and Dad says yes, and then tells them to "Be careful, because the Indians are on the warpath." Apparently they turned right around and headed back to the border! :lmao:

WildHoney said:
Right girls i'm afraid i'm going to have to leave you :sad:

But i've got a very important date to keep

:shh: i'm seeing Bono tonight

Miss you all loads and see you tomorrow evening :hug:

I missed wild. :sad:

what am I crying for her for, she's seeing Bono in hours!! :wink:

Drea said:

Okay... Dad worked at a gas station in Windsor either just before or just after he and Mom got married, so it would've been 1970..

These Americans drive up to get gas, and tell Dad they're going to Montreal for a picnic (*snerk* Please note that Windsor is 4 hours from TO, and Montreal is a good 6-7 hours more) and then go home. They ask him if they can do it and Dad says yes, and then tells them to "Be careful, because the Indians are on the warpath." Apparently they turned right around and headed back to the border! :lmao:

I don't know what's more ridiculous: that they believed your dad or wanted to go on a picnic 4 hours away in Montreal. :lmao: :lmao:

Sad_Girl said:
:hug: Bye Dazz!

72ad4ae9.jpg

crazy-eyed young Bono!!! :heart: :love:

Hiya GG, Diane!! :hug:

daygloeyes2 said:

I don't know what's more ridiculous: that they believed your dad or wanted to go on a picnic 4 hours away in Montreal. :lmao: :lmao:

More than four hours :lol: Windsor->Toronto (4 hours) Toronto->Montreal (6-7 hours) :wink:

Drea said:

:lmao: Thats too funny! You gotta screw with the tourists heads, though, really. At least when you live in an area that gets FLOODED by tourists ... it's really a survival mechanism :wink:

Sad_Girl said:

:lmao: Thats too funny! You gotta screw with the tourists heads, though, really. At least when you live in an area that gets FLOODED by tourists ... it's really a survival mechanism :wink:

:lol: Do you mess with the Ferris State students' heads too? :wink:

I remeber in high school telling freshman that there was a pool underneath the floor in the gym. And they had to go to the Dungeon downstairs to get the key so they could turn the left sky hook on and use it to open the pool.

Here's my tourist-without-a-clue story:

I was in a wedding in Indiana, near Lafayette, around 1989. I wanted very much to visit a restaurant that Yankee player Don Mattingly owned in his hometown of Evansville, IN, and was planning on heading over there--until the bride's father told me it was about 4-5 hours away. I'd assumed that since it was in Indiana, it would be a short car ride away! I never did make it there, and the restaurant has been closed for years now.

Drea said:

:lol: Do you mess with the Ferris State students' heads too? :wink:

:shifty: Well, I don't.... but some locals have been known to refer to them as 'Pinheads' :shifty: :wink:

The university is kind of it's own little town inside of town, they're pretty safe

The closest dumb tourist storeis I could come up with is when people would come though on their way to DC hinking they were half an hour to 45 minutes from DC, when it takes me 2 and a half to 3 hours to get to DC. Or thinking they're 20 minutes from Virginia Beach, which is 3 hour away.

I'm having a strawberry yogurt now. :drool:

I so want an ice cream. I'm PMSing, so I reaallly crave it. Thank God the prozac keeps it somewhat under control. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom