Pleban Girls Party - Memory Lane

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VintagePunk said:
Night SG!!! :hug: :kiss:

Kaf, pull up a chair. :wink: My back almost always hurts, to some degree. Last week, I did some cleaning/lifting. Generally, with a day or so of rest, it's fine. But then I lifted a very heavy a\c the next day...then it was okay....then Thursday, there was some....uh....recreational strain :shifty: then Friday, walking all over TO, and then GA for the Killer's show...today, I'm all hunched over. :scream:

That's upsetting..:( I hope you feel better soon!:hug: I was reading about your Killers show all day. I'm glad you had fun!!:yes:

VP - What's this "recreational strain" of which you speak :scratch: I'm going to need to to ellaborate more *whips out pen and paper* :shifty: :wink:

Have you ever tried an epsom salts bath?

Russty Cat said:
Sweet dreams SG I can't wait to read the new chapter. :hug: :heart:

Brittany, B served over in the Gulf during Desert Storm. Sadly I was just a young girl when he left and went there. He comes from a long line of soliders, but he really had no clue that he would end up in a war. It changed him for forever. But I'm so proud that he served our country and so thankful every day that he came home to me. One thing he did do that was really cool when he was in the military he was in our countries only silent drill team. It was about 100 soilders and they would preform these amazing marches while spinning rifles the whole time. What was so incredible is that there was no music or commands and they were all perfectly insync. The rifles are incredibly heavy as well. I have him on tape doing it and it still blows me away how talented and strong he is. :heart:

Wow!!! He sounds amazing!:drool: :wink:. I'm so glad he returned safe and sound. That's a real blessing! And the silent drill team thing sounds awesome! Now that must take talent. If I tried to spin even the lightweight rifles a lot of my friends used in Colorguard in h.s. I would have cracked my scull..:ohmy: I'm glad you guys are so happy together! That's awesome!

I can't imagine how bad dorm food must be. :lol: Thankfully I never had to eat dorm food. Many moons ago I was enrolled in college for I think technically 2 years. But we realized after a while that school definetly wasn't for me. I had a professor tell me that I didn't need to be there anyway that it was a waste of my parents money and my time. :love: Good professors are so hard to find. :heart:

Russty Cat said:
I can't imagine how bad dorm food must be. :lol: Thankfully I never had to eat dorm food. Many moons ago I was enrolled in college for I think technically 2 years. But we realized after a while that school definetly wasn't for me. I had a professor tell me that I didn't need to be there anyway that it was a waste of my parents money and my time. :love: Good professors are so hard to find. :heart:
Ain't that the truth? All it takes is one good prof who really cares and will cut the bullshit and tell you what you need to hear :bow: Friends like that are good too :wink:

kafrun said:

:lol: Don't get me started. My night's pretty much the same, except it's just me and my dog. I'm sitting here eating junk food and thinking about the fact that I SHOULD be sleeping but I don't think it's gonna happen anytime soon :p

I would be eating, but unfortunately if I ate this late, I'd weigh 300 lbs. in a month..:lol: I should be sleeping too. My mom got all pissed when I went upstairs to get my battery about an hour ago to charge my laptop, how she heard me from her sleep is beyond me; mothers have supersonic hearing I think:madspit: and she's goes "You need to go to bed, it's not good to stay up this late." Unfortunately, I've been in college for 2 months now, so the days of my body being programmed to sleep at a decent hour have vanished.:D

What is this recreational strain you speak of? Are we talking like frisbee or basketball? :wink: :giggle:

Brittany I'm totally right there with you. I jokingly tried spinning around one of the rifles we have and I managed to hit myself in the face with it. B was cracking up. He said thank God it wasn't loaded or I probably would have dropped it and accidently shot myself. :laugh: I'm very lucky to have him, he keeps me from maiming myself permanently. :giggle: Life is so odd, I had no clue I'd end up with some guy I met when I was 14 for life. But I'm so thankful he waited for me till I was old enough. :heart: Damn I'm such a sappy bitch when it comes to him. If he heard me he would totally be using this for black mail against me later. :lol:

U2isthebest said:

That's upsetting..:( I hope you feel better soon!:hug: I was reading about your Killers show all day. I'm glad you had fun!!:yes:

Thanks. It was amazing! :)

kafrun said:
VP - What's this "recreational strain" of which you speak :scratch: I'm going to need to to ellaborate more *whips out pen and paper* :shifty: :wink:

Have you ever tried an epsom salts bath?

Do you really need a description? :uhoh: :lmao:

No,, I haven't tried it, does it really work?? Mostly, I've been sitting on a heating pad, which generally cures it within hours, but this time? Not so much. :yikes:

Russty Cat said:

LOL. I shouldn't complain, the dorm food at my school is actually halfway decent:ohmy:. And no, school definitely isn't for everyone, thank God! If everyone has a college degree, who's going to be our police officers, or firefighters, or mechanics, stay at home moms,etc. I'm glad you followed your heart instead of the norm.:applaud: :hug:

U2isthebest said:

I would be eating, but unfortunately if I ate this late, I'd weigh 300 lbs. in a month..:lol: I should be sleeping too. My mom got all pissed when I went upstairs to get my battery about an hour ago to charge my laptop, how she heard me from her sleep is beyond me; mothers have supersonic hearing I think:madspit: and she's goes "You need to go to bed, it's not good to stay up this late." Unfortunately, I've been in college for 2 months now, so the days of my body being programmed to sleep at a decent hour have vanished.:D
:lol: Yeah, I'm not that far off from my college days. Sleep was a rarity for me back then :crack: Too much to do.. too much to do :crazy: There's plenty of time to sleep when you're done. NO wait.. then there's work :happy:

kafrun said:

Ain't that the truth? All it takes is one good prof who really cares and will cut the bullshit and tell you what you need to hear :bow: Friends like that are good too :wink:

Friends are definetly great like that. :heart: Its always nice to have someone who will let you know when you have your head to far up your own bum. :lol:

My chihuahua just randomly decided I needed a tongue bath all over my face. Ewwww! :mad: :madspit:

kafrun said:

You officially made my day; that's only 3 hours old. Yay, Everyone here is so positive and warm tonight. It's so different than earlier today..:shifty: actually yesterday. LOL. It makes me feel how warm and fuzzy inside..:sad: Someone pass me a Kleenex?:wink:

Russty Cat said:
What is this recreational strain you speak of? Are we talking like frisbee or basketball? :wink: :giggle:

Brittany I'm totally right there with you. I jokingly tried spinning around one of the rifles we have and I managed to hit myself in the face with it. B was cracking up. He said thank God it wasn't loaded or I probably would have dropped it and accidently shot myself. :laugh: I'm very lucky to have him, he keeps me from maiming myself permanently. :giggle: Life is so odd, I had no clue I'd end up with some guy I met when I was 14 for life. But I'm so thankful he waited for me till I was old enough. :heart: Damn I'm such a sappy bitch when it comes to him. If he heard me he would totally be using this for black mail against me later. :lol:

Aww...That's so sweet!! If you've heard me gushing here about the guy I liked in the past few days you'd probably:scream: I met him when I was 14 and he was 17, and I knew right away he was the one. We're not technically "together" yet, because guys are slow..:ohmy: , but we're moving along..we're at the same college now..:shifty: Thank you for sharing your story..you'r quickly feeding the hopeless romantic in me.

Pass the klennex! I've got to stop listening to sappy music. :cry: :lol:

And god I need some recreational strain soon. :drool: :wink:

kafrun said:

:lol: Yeah, I'm not that far off from my college days. Sleep was a rarity for me back then :crack: Too much to do.. too much to do :crazy: There's plenty of time to sleep when you're done. NO wait.. then there's work :happy:

Ahh..Kaf...once again..the posts of a genius:wink: I definitely feel sleep-deprived. But hey, the girl in "Last Night On Earth" wasn't sleeping either, and things turned out all right for her...:lmao:

VintagePunk said:

Do you really need a description? :uhoh: :lmao:

No,, I haven't tried it, does it really work?? Mostly, I've been sitting on a heating pad, which generally cures it within hours, but this time? Not so much. :yikes:
:lol: I don't really need a description, but you'd be amazed at the details clients sometimes feel the need to fill me in on :uhoh: I not really even sure how they relate to their condition half the time either :laugh:

But yeah, epsom salts work wonders. You can pick them up at any Shopper's and all you need is one or two cups in the bath. The warmth of the water is already very soothing to the muscles, while the epsom salts draw out the toxins. It's excellent for any kind of aches or pains due to overuse :yes:

U2isthebest said:

You officially made my day; that's only 3 hours old. Yay, Everyone here is so positive and warm tonight. It's so different than earlier today..:shifty: actually yesterday. LOL. It makes me feel how warm and fuzzy inside..:sad: Someone pass me a Kleenex?:wink:

Awww! Like I said, just chill, let time take it's course, and you'll be fine. :hug: Really. :)

Russty Cat said:
Pass the klennex! I've got to stop listening to sappy music. :cry: :lol:

And god I need some recreational strain soon. :drool: :wink:

Ooh..We should watch "The Notebook":drool: That movie makes me sob every time. LOL. *erm* what kind of "recreational strain" would we be speaking of?:whistle: I'm afraid I have NO clue what you're speaking of..:angel:

VintagePunk said:

Yes, we spent the other evening playing frisbee. :happy: :lmao:

Full contact frisbee! :wink: Hell I'd go for just a game of catch at this point. :lmao:

Brittany hang in there it will happen when its supposed to. B and I ddin't get back together till I was 20, we dated for three weeks and then we got engaged. We married a month later. That was almost 10 years ago. Sometimes guys just take longer to be comfortable with themselves enough to have something to offer you. :hug: :heart: I'm a total sappy hopeless romantic as well.

kafrun said:

:lol: I don't really need a description, but you'd be amazed at the details clients sometimes feel the need to fill me in on :uhoh: I not really even sure how they relate to their condition half the time either :laugh:

But yeah, epsom salts work wonders. You can pick them up at any Shopper's and all you need is one or two cups in the bath. The warmth of the water is already very soothing to the muscles, while the epsom salts draw out the toxins. It's excellent for any kind of aches or pains due to overuse :yes:

You don't need a description, but you still want one, right? :lmao:

Did you move to Montreal??? I was in TO last night for the Killers. :drool: :combust:

Russty Cat said:

Full contact frisbee! :wink: Hell I'd go for just a game of catch at this point. :lmao:

Brittany hang in there it will happen when its supposed to. B and I ddin't get back together till I was 20, we dated for three weeks and then we got engaged. We married a month later. That was almost 10 years ago. Sometimes guys just take longer to be comfortable with themselves enough to have something to offer you. :hug: :heart: I'm a total sappy hopeless romantic as well.

Aww..Russty...your story is like the "The Notebook"..:drool: well, now you're stuck w/me. :lol: You seem like such a solid couple and a great example!

Russty - Yes, they're the best thing you can have. I'm sure Chihuahua face baths are helpful too :wink: I get pit bull face baths all the time :rolleyes: :yuck: :cute: :p

Britt - Awww :hug: Sounds like you've gotten some good advice from the girls here tonight. We've talked about this before, so I can only echo what they've said and what I've said before. It's all good :D Just chillax :D Hahah.. and yeah, I was thinking of the Last Night On Earth Line. One of my profs actually said that to me once. I was complaining of lack of sleep and he said "Sleep? There's plenty of time for that when you're dead." :lol:

U2isthebest said:

I know.:hug: Everyone hear tonight really helped a lot and put things in perspective. As did you when we were chatting earlier...:wink:

And you know, the people who were on tonight are the ones who really matter around here. :wink:

Love the rest of you all...just kidding! :kiss: :lol:

kafrun said:
Russty - Yes, they're the best thing you can have. I'm sure Chihuahua face baths are helpful too :wink: I get pit bull face baths all the time :rolleyes: :yuck: :cute: :p

Britt - Awww :hug: Sounds like you've gotten some good advice from the girls here tonight. We've talked about this before, so I can only echo what they've said and what I've said before. It's all good :D Just chillax :D Hahah.. and yeah, I was thinking of the Last Night On Earth Line. One of my profs actually said that to me once. I was complaining of lack of sleep and he said "Sleep? There's plenty of time for that when you're dead." :lol:

I have..and I will! You've all been a big help. Ahh the prof likely. a closet U2 fan... they're not all argyle socks, pocket protectors, and elevator music after all..:lol:

VintagePunk said:

You don't need a description, but you still want one, right? :lmao:

Did you move to Montreal??? I was in TO last night for the Killers. :drool: :combust:
Well you know, you're welcome to divulge if you want. Nothing shocks me :wink:

I didn't end up moving to Montreal. Didn't end up being the most practical idea - at least for now. So I'm still in TO :D So I gather The Killers show was awesome?? Sadly, I don't know any of their new stuff. I keep hearing great things about it though :hmm:

U2isthebest said:

I have..and I will! You've all been a big help. Ahh the prof likely. a closet U2 fan... they're not all argyle socks, pocket protectors, and elevator music after all..:lol:
Heck no, he was the coolest prof in the world :love: I could see him being a closet U2 fan :hmm: Then I'd have just loved him more. I would've had to bring him home with me and keep him in my pocket :cute:

Back
Top Bottom