Pleban Girls Party - Look out we're on a roll!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh that's so cool Drea! Last night I woke up to I Still Haven't Found followed by Pride on the radio lol. They are doing the double play this weekend and so far I have been lucky with hearing a lot of U2 :wink:

U2isthebest said:
K..Now I'm pissed. LOL. JK. But by the way Madonna has written or co-written most of her songs except the early ones....not everything has been based on shock...for example the whole "Erotica" SEX thing (which I never liked anyway) is the only thing I can think of where she was trying to shock people and she's even admitted that was a big mistake in recent interviews. I assume you know about the Cross scandal from this tour...? I find it fascinating that the media is not reporting what the real reason for this was. During this performance there were pics. of starving, orphans and AIDS victims in Africa, etc. behind her. She was simply trying to say that we should all be like Jesus and do what he did to help these people. She herself released a statement about this which I'll post if I can find. I'm sorry, but Madonna is original. There was no one like her before she came out and there have been many imitations but they've all faded out. And for that we could add that U2 uses/used controversy to get ahead. (I do NOT believe that they did, but many do) What were ZOO TV and POPmart and the entire 90s really? It was completely different than the U2 of the 80s. Most people thought they'd sold out and become self-absorbed. It's not true, nor is it true w/Madonna. There is a reason artists like Madonna, U2, etc. are so huge even now. Consistent quality, and improvement in work and fresh creativity. God Bless!

Look, don't take it personally - This is what we do in here. I think Madonna's music, style and pretty much every decision she's ever made has been crap. 100%. And I've been watching her since she first appeared on the show business scene, all along the way - I've seen her from Desperately seeking Susan through truth or dare, Erotica and this most recent attempt at regaining notoriety.

The example you used with the images of orphans in Africa, etc.. that proves the point of the people who call her a user. I couldn't have said it better myself. If you're trying to get people to show compassion, you don't make yourself the center of controversy in order to achieve that.

You obviously have not seen what I have seen and vice versa, and I promise you you are not going to change my mind on this issue. I don't like her. Don't see any talent in her or creativity in what she does. Period. You can like her all you want, it doesn't mean a thing to me, sweetheart. But don't try and tell me what to think.

I'm not even going to try and comment on U2 because for one thing Drea did a fine job, and generally becasue they live and breathe creativity and anyone with eyes and ears knows it.

Last edited:
And may I just say:

Go Tigers!!!!!!
2.gif
6.gif
3.gif
1.gif

that was a seriously awesome game; at least the last inning :wink:

Hi BB12 :hug: how are you tonight?

Yes, they did :) it was tied up at three in the last inning and then the Tigers got a home run; watching the fans celebrate is almost as much fun as the games themselves

BonosBaby12 said:
Congrats! :applaud: Yeah it's always pretty exciting to watch the fan's reactions on tv. Wish my Phillies hadn't blown it again,lol. Kept thinking this season was going to be different! lol

I've been doing that for 19 years now :wink:

lol oh wow someone who has been waiting awhile! Hopefully luck remains on your team's side :wink: Love how teams that not many would give a second thought to are now going so far. Get's old seeing the same ones in the playoffs every year.

It does; especially when the reason the teams get as far as the do over and over again is because of the money the owners dump into it; talent shouldn't go to the highest bidder. It just goes to show you what determination and teamwork can do, though, I suppose, when the underdog teams manage to work their way past all of that

Sad_Girl said:
It does; especially when the reason the teams get as far as the do over and over again is because of the money the owners dump into it; talent shouldn't go to the highest bidder. It just goes to show you what determination and teamwork can do, though, I suppose, when the underdog teams manage to work their way past all of that

Very well said :up: To me it's teams like that who are the real champions even if they don't win the big title. They gave it their all :)

:dance: WOOOHOOO!!!!

Leafs just won in OT!! :D :D :D :D :D

Congrats to the Tigers too, heard about the 9th inning heroics :D I remember that kind of a celebration... Joe Carter's bottom of the 9th homer to win the 93 World Series in TO :D

Back
Top Bottom