Pleban Girls Party: Cmon, sneak on in to the photobooth, things are gettin hot...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Diane L said:

Because you have healthy self-esteem, as well you should. Don't ever lose that. :hug:

It is so very hard to turn off the negative voices in your head...the ones that say you're just not good enough. I'm finally learning to do that, and I'm older than anyone else here. You ARE good enough, we all are!!!

yes i agree..
it is odd as i like myself as a person
i think i am a nice, kind person and a
good friend etc.
my exterior is what i have a really warped
sense of

daygloeyes2 said:
I don't look pasty and white anymore with the jergens. That, and I use bronzer on my face.

I've become addicted to makeup recently. :reject:

I lost my makeup. I think it's at my stepmother's house. I should have bought some more today. Ah, well. :wink:

Never thought of trying that Jergens stuff. Sounds interesting, because I also have pale legs ...

:hmm:

Diane L said:

Because you have healthy self-esteem, as well you should. Don't ever lose that. :hug:

It is so very hard to turn off the negative voices in your head...the ones that say you're just not good enough. I'm finally learning to do that, and I'm older than anyone else here. You ARE good enough, we all are!!!

Trust me, I love my pasty white skin...I think it sets me apart from everyone else.

Don't feel so bad....I got teased as a kid for being fat....but I got over it when I got into Junior High School and High School...thank god I had a good support system during those cruical years! :hug:

I only get :yikes:y whenever I have to be naked in front of people....when I'm clothed, I think I'm sexy! :lmao:

sami0201 said:

:drool:

I have so much makeup but I never wear any. :reject: The only thing I usually wear daily is mascara. :drool:

For 18 years I went with the au natural look, with the occasional hint of eyeshadow. Now, I use eyeshadow, bronzer, blush, lipstick, under eye concealer, and sometimes eye and lip liners.

I tried using mascara but I poked myself in the eye with it. :lmao: :reject:

daygloeyes2 said:
I don't look pasty and white anymore with the jergens. That, and I use bronzer on my face.

I've become addicted to makeup recently. :reject:

i really went through a phase of being addicted to make up when i was about 16
then it got to be too much of a bother :p

i cannot live without my mascara though
nope i cannot
:D

Molly Bloom said:

i really went through a phase of being addicted to make up when i was about 16
then it got to be too much of a bother :p

i cannot live without my mascara though
nope i cannot
I'm going through the phase now at 18. I never gave a damn about it until now. :huh: :lol:

Slightly different appearance issue: More and more, I'm thinking of giving up my glasses and getting contacts.

I tried contacts years and years ago and they didn't quite work out for me. But I'd like to give them another try now.

daygloeyes2 said:

For 18 years I went with the au natural look, with the occasional hint of eyeshadow. Now, I use eyeshadow, bronzer, blush, lipstick, under eye concealer, and sometimes eye and lip liners.

It's the same with me...but with eyeliner :grumpy:

I like wearing makeup too...but I usually go for the light and pink colors for eyeshadow, mascara, the palest foundation (Maybelle works wonders for me in that department :drool: ) natural looking blush (pinks and reds are natural for me) and either pink or red lipstick.

daygloeyes2 said:

When do you have to be naked? :ohmy: :lmao:

I had to be naked -- or nearly so -- in front of my new doctor and in front of a few medical technicians today. No biggie.

And I certainly don't have a perfect body, either.

jobob said:
Slightly different appearance issue: More and more, I'm thinking of giving up my glasses and getting contacts.

I tried contacts years and years ago and they didn't quite work out for me. But I'd like to give them another try now.

there are some really great ones out now Joanne,
really comfy
and you can get dailies that are so so easy to deal with
wear em once or twice and throw em away

daygloeyes2 said:

:lol: My eyelashes are really long naturally (when I was getting my hair washed the other day the woman kept saying "eyelashes! eyelashes!" and she had all the other washer people come over to look at my eyelashes :lmao: :yikes: ) so when I use mascara my eyes look amazing. :love:

But other than that, when I use makeup it still looks like I don't. Like I'll just use concealer and a power foundation to make my skin looks nicer. Oh! I did just get this bright red lip stain that is really cool and stays on for hours. But usually just chapstick. :lol:

I can't use eyeliner!! I can do the inside of my eyes like some people do but I don't like how it looks. When I try to use it I look really weird. :huh:

daygloeyes2 said:

When do you have to be naked? :ohmy: :lmao:

I used to have to change clothes fully whenever I had to swim with the rest of my HS gym class.

I try not to go to places like YMCA cause of it. I'm a little wary of changing places...but not as bad though.

That's why I'm a little :yikes: whenever I have to change in front of people or get naked.

(I know you think it's sexual....but remember, I'm a virgin :wink: )

jobob said:

Contacts didn't work out for me, either, Jo but in the past few years they've come out with contacts that deal with several of the problems I had. You never know, they may be a perfect fit now :yes:

jobob said:

If you want to, I say go for it! :up:

I think I need glasses for up close now. My vision has gotten worse in recent months, probably in part due to the diabetes.

daygloeyes2 said:

I'm going through the phase now at 18. I never gave a damn about it until now. :huh: :lol:

mine was bad...
people would tell me things like
mcdonalds was looking for a new
clown etc
i had no idea that just because an
eyeshadow pack had 5 colours it
didnt mean i had to USE all 5 colours
at the same time :huh:

sami0201 said:

:lol: My eyelashes are really long naturally (when I was getting my hair washed the other day the woman kept saying "eyelashes! eyelashes!" and she had all the other washer people come over to look at my eyelashes :lmao: :yikes: ) so when I use mascara my eyes look amazing. :love:

But other than that, when I use makeup it still looks like I don't. Like I'll just use concealer and a power foundation to make my skin looks nicer. Oh! I did just get this bright red lip stain that is really cool and stays on for hours. But usually just chapstick. :lol:

I can't use eyeliner!! I can do the inside of my eyes like some people do but I don't like how it looks. When I try to use it I look really weird. :huh:

I love eyeliner. It really accentuates(sp?) the eyes. :love:

I have long lashes too, but I tend to poke my eyes with the mascara. :lmao:

daygloeyes2 said:

I love eyeliner. It really accentuates(sp?) the eyes. :love:

I have long lashes too, but I tend to poke my eyes with the mascara. :lmao:

i have long black lashes but i want them longer :D
sometimes i use clear mascara too just to make my eyes twinkle...
i love to wear little fake lashes at the outter corners of my eyes for parties and such

Molly Bloom said:

there are some really great ones out now Joanne,
really comfy
and you can get dailies that are so so easy to deal with
wear em once or twice and throw em away

That's one reason why I'm thinking about it. Less cleaning hassle than soft contacts were years ago. :wink:

Plus my company's vision insurance plan's improved over the minimal plan we had for the last few years and covers more doctors. I think it may also cover more kinds of contacts. (Yeah, I know I'm lucky to even have a vision plan. :nerd: )

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom