PLEBA Misc News and Articles #5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny that they are not playing it live this tour ( well, yet) ,they could easily replace IALW with it,
set list party would be grateful :giggle:

Funny that they are not playing it live this tour ( well, yet) ,they could easily replace IALW with it,
set list party would be grateful :giggle:

I love Stay, one of my favourite songs ever, but please, don't mess up with IALW it gives a girl the opportunity of dancing with Bono and of dreaming with it to all of us :wink:

Not much really, when Bono and Shriver started their ONE campaign, Gates told Bono that if they wanted to lobby in Washington he would need money so he could hire the best people and gave them some, I suppose this is the same story, as you may know Bill and Melinda are very much involved with the ONE Campaing.

Thanks Marien! :)

I love Stay, one of my favourite songs ever, but please, don't mess up with IALW it gives a girl the opportunity of dancing with Bono and of dreaming with it to all of us :wink:

And thats why I said the setlist party would be grateful:wink:,
I would have said Pleba, but yeah...

And the artile clearly states its still in doubt.
Come on people , its Paul , he yaps about new albums all the time.

Well, in fact, the band communicate has said that the new album has no release date yet... that doesn't mean that could be in may anyway... :hmm:

Has there been a band communicate? can you, please, point me to it?

I've been listening to Radio Vertigo podcast, here is a transcription of what they said (not a word y word transcription, but I think I haven't forgotten anything essential).

I've just listened to the podcast on Vertigo Radio, what they say is that they don't believe the story about Paul McGuinness giving that interview in the Midem is true because they have been searching for his attendance and couldn't find his name, they also find difficult to understand why no other media were there, he's the manager of one of the biggest or the biggest band in the world and it seems strange, they comment on expecting it to have appeared on U2.com before (which I don't agree at all), but then they start analysing what we know more or less by sure, Bono's comments on having multiple projects, McGuinness' on the band being working in a new project due to be released in autumn (he was in Australia), they give credibility to Amazon, except they think they are guessing the release date, they think it is a bit late as some of us think here, they think that the release will take place in May, but earlier than the 27th and for them the strongest argument that a new album is going to happen is that Moncton gig is announced as the latest American gig, and they always announce their final tour gig explicitly as that, so we are to understand that there will be more.

And that's all they say about the new album release, I hope you find it useful.

Has there been a band communicate? can you, please, point me to it?

U2 desmiente que su nuevo disco salga a la venta en mayo

That's what I've read, it is in spanish, I'll translate it for you...

"The virtual shop Amazon published that the new U2 album Songs of Ascent would be out on 27th May, however, a band's agent has denied this information.

The expectation for the new production of Bono & the others grew exponently after the German Amazon pointed out that the album would be available on May 27th. After this announcement, one of the U2 agents has denied this information.

As it has been informed, U2 is working on a new studio album, but a date isn't set up yet., said the agent. Late last year Bono said that the new U2 album, produced by Brian Burton, had a lot of songs ready that had been recorded during the No Line On The Horizon sessions (2009)"

U2 desmiente que su nuevo disco salga a la venta en mayo

That's what I've read, it is in spanish, I'll translate it for you...

"The virtual shop Amazon published that the new U2 album Songs of Ascent would be out on 27th May, however, a band's agent has denied this information.

The expectation for the new production of Bono & the others grew exponently after the German Amazon pointed out that the album would be available on May 27th. After this announcement, one of the U2 agents has denied this information.

As it has been informed, U2 is working on a new studio album, but a date isn't set up yet., said the agent. Late last year Bono said that the new U2 album, produced by Brian Burton, had a lot of songs ready that had been recorded during the No Line On The Horizon sessions (2009)"

Thanks a lot!

Lobe, I'm Spanish too, I thought you remembered, thanks anyway for your kindness!

Universal Music Guests at MIDEM - January 26, 2011
5390381748_7458c6f73d_b.jpg

Universal Music guests at Midem | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Just putting it out here....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom