PLEBA Misc News and Articles #5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBC News - Spider-Man musical delays opening night again

14 January 2011 Last updated at 09:01 GMT

Spider-Man musical delays opening night again

Related stories

The opening night of the new Spider-Man musical on Broadway has once again been delayed.

The official first night of the production, which has been plagued with problems including on-stage injuries, will now open in March.

Producer Michael Cohl said it needed extra time to rehearse a new ending, but promised this would be "the final postponement".

The show had been scheduled to open in February.

Earlier this month it was announced that U2 stars Bono and The Edge, who wrote the score, would return from touring to help fix the show's problems.

Four actors from the production have been injured during previews, while frequent technical glitches and negative early assessments from critics have caused further problems.

In December lead actress Natalie Mendoza announced she was pulling out of the show.

Despite its fraught preview performances, the musical is still selling out the 1,930-seat Foxwoods theatre in Times Square almost every night.

Yet the show's huge costs - which include a 41-member cast, 18 orchestra members and dozens of aerial stunts - mean the theatre will have to sell out every show for several years just to break even.

The weekly running bill has been put as high as $1 million (£632,000).

"We are so grateful for the enthusiastic audiences who have been coming to see Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark," director Julie Taymor said.

"We are dedicated to giving them the very best show we can."

Adam Clayton has finally found what he's looking for. The U2 bassist is a father. He had a child with a French woman early last year. For years, Adam was the only one in the world-famous band who wasn't a parent.

Early last year? Wow! How did that news not get out?

:applaud: Congrats to him (if it's true)

So cool :cute: Wow mr Clayton! I'm so proud they managed to get that done without media fuss about it.
Looks like he finally found missus right!
Bless his family :up:

Congratulations to Adam and his girlfriend!! :) :cute:

I can't believe such news was kept away for a year!

Am I the only one sceptical about this article? :uhoh: It's full of holes and obvious mistakes, the most notable being that Adam missed the Sydney concert because he was too emotional? And Helena being rumoured his ex? I do recall gossip shite about her and Bono, but never seen her linked to Adam before.

I'd love to believe this, but sorry, I'm not buying it right now..

Galeongirl said:
Am I the only one sceptical about this article? :uhoh: It's full of holes and obvious mistakes, the most notable being that Adam missed the Sydney concert because he was too emotional?

I'd love to believe this, but sorry, I'm not buying it right now..

No, I'm with you. I mean, it would be lovely, but the whole thing did sound a little off. :shrug: I guess we'll see.

No, I'm with you. I mean, it would be lovely, but the whole thing did sound a little off. :shrug: I guess we'll see.

Glad I'm not the only one. I know U2.com is shite when giving new info an' all, but on private info like this they are the first source usually. They were so with Adam's previous engagement so I don't see why this should be different.

Galeongirl said:
Glad I'm not the only one. I know U2.com is shite when giving new info an' all, but on private info like this they are the first source usually. They were so with Adam's previous engagement so I don't see why this should be different.

I am with you all on this one too. Definitely though u2.com would have announced something to congratulate him but not only that I would have thought Bono would have blurted something out at a concert or even dedicated a song to Adam's newborn :)

I am with you all on this one too. Definitely though u2.com would have announced something to congratulate him but not only that I would have thought Bono would have blurted something out at a concert or even dedicated a song to Adam's newborn :)

Very good point, I hadn't even thought of that. :lol: I doubt Bono would be able to shut up about this indeed. He'd be far too happy for his mate!

yes thats right! well i dont know what to believe, it would be so lovely and cool if it were true but well lets wait and see?

The Independent is a pretty legit Irish newspaper and I'm sure this would've been fact-checked several times over. Maybe I'm a bit naive about these days of "print anything to sell papers" but I think Barry Egan's arse & job would be on the line if this turned out not to be true.

The Independent is a pretty legit Irish newspaper and I'm sure this would've been fact-checked several times over. Maybe I'm a bit naive about these days of "print anything to sell papers" but I think Barry Egan's arse & job would be on the line if this turned out not to be true.

yeah, thats also true... Lets wait for a U2.com official announcement?

yeah, thats also true... Lets wait for a U2.com official announcement?

We're still waiting for an official announcement of Larry's children, especially the third one... :wink: (meaning we probably will never get one)

I'm with PopDaisy, for an Irish paper to run with that means either it's true (albeit very badly written) or they're risking a whole lot of hurt...

We're still waiting for an official announcement of Larry's children, especially the third one... :wink: (meaning we probably will never get one)

I'm with PopDaisy, for an Irish paper to run with that means either it's true (albeit very badly written) or they're risking a whole lot of hurt...

but thats not like Larry's 3rd kid! U know, Adam being father?? come on thats surrealistic so im sure they would do any announcement

Wow, I miss a whole lot once I got into college, I hadn't even realized him and Susie split. When I first read this morning, I thought it was odd that it'd been a whole year and not even Bono had commented on it.

I'm with most of you all on the wait and see from the band, even if the newspapers are legit.

I just hope its true, that man deserves to have a nice girlfriend , wife, and the blessing of a child ( If he wants one)
He looks so utterly happy these days.

How great would it be to have a Clayton Jr. :cute:
Sure I won't believe until I see it myself, but I think there's a good chance.:shrug:

I have a bootleg recorded in 2001 which Bono congratulates Larry and Ann for the birth of their third baby. :wink:
I also think tha Bono would comment the birth of first Adam's baby.
Unless confidentiality is requested,if it was,Adam is more private than Larry:lol:

I hope it's true, but i don't believe.
We will not know the baby anytime soon, if he hid the birth so long. :ohmy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom