PLEBA Misc News and Articles #5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't dare! :lol: I don't think I could take the full MullenDeathstare™ and live to tell!

But yeah, he's the typical prettyboy kinda type. Handsome, babyfaced, hairless(well except for the treasure trail) and muscular. Boyish rather than man, yet masculine at the same time.

I call him babyface all the time... He's named like that in my phone's speeddial as wel.

:shifty:

BroadwayWorld.com is reporting that Bono and Edge will be attending all remaining previews for Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark. According to Rick Miramontez, production spokesman, they will be working on the show starting next week through opening night. Bono and Edge will be on NBC's New Year's Eve with Carson Daly tomorrow night starting at 10 p.m. EST. Spider-Man's Reeve Carney will also be appearing.

I found it annoying that they played their music in the background so I cold barely focus on what they were saying. It was nice to see them, but the bit was LAME. Because Carson is LAME.

Bono Sees ‘Spider-Man’ for First Time
By PATRICK HEALY
More than five weeks after his musical, “Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark,” began preview performances on Broadway, U2’s lead singer, Bono, saw the show for the first time on Tuesday night, gauging audience reaction while assessing for himself what is and isn’t working in the $65 million spectacle.

Bono and the Edge, U2’s lead guitarist, were the original creative forces when the “Spider-Man” project began nine years ago, and they wrote the music and lyrics for the show, their Broadway debut. The U2 mates recently returned from a string of concerts in New Zealand and Australia; the Edge, who lives in New York and had already seen “Spider-Man,” joined Bono for the performance on Tuesday at the Foxwoods Theater, according to two people involved in the production.

There was no word on what Bono thought of the show, which has been sharply criticized on social networks like Twitter and Facebook and a variety of blogs for its storytelling and some of its acting since previews began. His and Edge’s music for the show has come under attack in some quarters as well, as has their absence, given that most composers and lyricists are usually at every preview of their show (often standing in the back of the theater) so they can be on hand to tweak songs or write new ones if need be.

Bono and the Edge had been scheduled to attend the first several previews in mid-November before those were postponed by two weeks to give the cast and creators more time to rehearse. They had to leave for their tour dates before the first preview ultimately took place, on Nov. 28. They appeared jovial at the show on Tuesday and were seen chatting with a couple of audience members, according to the two people, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the production does not want to be commenting on the U2 artists’ every move.

Public expectations for the show are almost impossibly high, given the talents involved (among them Julie Taymor, the Tony Award-winning director of “The Lion King”) and the record-setting cost, more than twice the previous most-expensive show, “Shrek the Musical.” Bono himself has contributed to those expectations with lofty descriptions of the show’s ambitions and by saying that the special effects, including several flying sequences, were not enough to make for a great night at the theater.

“We’re wrestling with the same stuff as Rilke, Blake, ‘Wings of Desire,’ Roy Lichtenstein, the Ramones – the cost of feeling feelings, the desire for connections when you’re separate from others,” Bono said in an interview in November. “If the only wows you get from ‘Spider-Man’ are visual, special-effect, spectacular-type wows, and not wows from the soul or the heart, we will all think that we’ve failed.”

Still in previews, the musical has already become one of the hottest sellers on Broadway, ranking third last week among all shows with $1.88 million in ticket sales, behind only the mega-hits “Wicked” and “The Lion King.” Opening night is scheduled for Feb. 7.

Bono Sees 'Spider-Man' for First Time - NYTimes.com

Bono's going to be on Oprah's show next Friday:

Bono on Oprah Next Week

:hyper:

Also, I noticed on my satellite box's menu that the U2=BBC thing is going to be on VH1 Classic this Sunday morning at 7:00 A.M. CST. I think I'm going to get up and watch it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom