PLEBA Misc News and Articles #5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon he means the creases at the elbow, but that's rather strange. Even kids have those when they stretch their arm!

i think you are both a bit hostile with me... next time i think i won't post new photo if i get one! and just keep it for me you know?
it's evident that this girl is older than 27 and that NOBODY kisses his daughter this way, come on!

OPRAH OFFERS BONO HIS OWN TV SHOW

December 21, 2010
By: Liseth Meijer

According to The New York Times, Oprah Winfrey recently asked Bono if he would like to have his own TV show on Oprah’s upcoming new network, OWN. She's quite busy working on new ideas for the cable channel and obviously has faith in Bono's capabilities as a TV star, because at a recent dinner, she asked yer man if he was interested: "I look at everything now through the prism of, ‘This could make a very good TV show!'" It’s not yet clear what kind of TV show she had in mind. Bono did not accept the offer.

Oprah offers Bono his own TV show

Oh Bono, you dumbass...ur own show wud have kicked ass

I have seen 5 to 6 news reports on this accident during Superman. I saw 2 different stories alone while at the gym - for all of 40 minutes!

I thought Bono and Edge would be in NYC for the holiday working on the musical.

I have seen 5 to 6 news reports on this accident during Superman. I saw 2 different stories alone while at the gym - for all of 40 minutes!

I thought Bono and Edge would be in NYC for the holiday working on the musical.

what I read - sounderd like after Christmas holiday... so they could be here sometime time next week.

hope the all the injured are/will heal up well!
Ceazy stuff!

i think you are both a bit hostile with me... next time i think i won't post new photo if i get one! and just keep it for me you know?
it's evident that this girl is older than 27 and that NOBODY kisses his daughter this way, come on!

why are you throwing your toys out of your pram? :lol:

a photo is just a split second - it looks like a peck on the lips to me, and yes i also thought the girl looked like The Edge's daughter based on the photos that have been posted here recently... some parents are affectionate and loving with their children you know...

i think you are just wanting to stir things up :down:

ps- unless your name is Morleigh, this is frankly none of your business

:)

I beg your pardon? Where exactly am I being hostile? :scratch:

It's not evident what this woman's age is, as we don't know her. And actually there are plenty of pics around of Edge kissing his daughter or other female friends on the lips like that, heck he's even kissed Bono on the mouth like that more than once. That doesn't mean he's cheating on his wife with all of them!

:lol: Oh wow, how Rockstarish. Love how the first link has a photo of Bono pouting to go along with it. They mistook them for a U2 tribute band? :lmao: OUCH!!!

Muse and Bono and Edge on one plane? Man. I'd give my left arm to be on that plane! :drool:

I've found this link with some more pics of Edge and this woman, I used to read German, but I've forgotten most of it, but from the pics I think it is clear that she isn't any of his daughters and that they are kissing goodbye in the open in front of all the people. Look for yourselves:

U2 Star “The Edge” beim Fremdknutschen erwischt! � Viply − News aus Hollywood

ok, so definitely not his daughter then...

who knows, maybe it's just a good friend... i am cuddly with my friends, we kiss on the cheeks "bises", not on the lips though... and, yes, i would kill my husband if he kissed a friend like that :D

maybe in their circles that's how they are with their friends...

but, you know, it's not our business really...

That link isn't working for me.

There seems to be some issue with the server or maybe it is just too busy, anyway I've been able to copy the pics we hadn't seen before.

I think they are taken from the front entrance of the restaurant, Edge passes by this woman and kisses her goodbye. I'm going to try and copy the article, but I've been trying to read it myself and I think it is the typical tabloid content, they even mention his children and wife being waiting for him for Christmas.

Edge3.jpg

Edge2.jpg

Edge1.jpg

Ok, here is the article

U2 Star “The Edge” beim Fremdknutschen erwischt!
(hgm) Während es bei Johnny Depp nur Gerüchte sind (Viply berichtete), scheint es beim U2-Gitarristen David Howell Evans alias The Edge schon Gewissheit. Der Musiker wurde beim Fremdknutschen mit einer jungen Frau in Sydney erwischt. Und das auch noch kurz vor Weihnachten! Die Erfolgsband U2 rund um Bono ist derzeit auf Australien-Tour. Wer die geküsste Dame ist, ist noch völlig unklar. Klar hingegen ist, dass Davids Ehefrau Morleigh Steinberg zuhause in England auf die Rückkehr ihres Mannes gewartet hatte. Pünktlich zum Heiligabend sollte die gesamte U2-Crew wieder bei ihren Familien sein. Ein schönes Fest dürfte es für sie und die Kinder Sian and Levi jetzt nicht mehr werden.
Aufgeflogen ist die Knutscherei nach einem Besuch im Restaurant “Sean’s Panorama” in Bondi Beach. Die Beiden sind bereits zuvor recht innig gesichtet worden, berichten Quellen. Auch diesmal müssen sie sich unbeobachtet gefühlt haben. Ein offizielles Statement gibt es bisher nicht - weder von David, noch von seiner Frau.

ok, so definitely not his daughter then...

who knows, maybe it's just a good friend... i am cuddly with my friends, we kiss on the cheeks "bises", not on the lips though... and, yes, i would kill my husband if he kissed a friend like that :D

maybe in their circles that's how they are with their friends...

but, you know, it's not our business really...

You're right, it's none of our business, but I honestly think that he's just kissing goodbye to a friend.

"Ein schönes Fest dürfte es für sie und die Kinder Sian and Levi jetzt nicht mehr werden."

What the heck... Really, I think they're taking it waaaaay too serious. I mean, c'mon the Edge cheating on his wife...?
And you're right, it's none of our business.

Just a reminder guys..

What is unacceptable in PLEBA? (and the rest of the forum)
Posting about the band's "private parts" in any way will not be allowed. Any threads about the bands private parts, subtle or not, may be closed, and the author may receive a warning via pm or email.

Posting about the band's private life, questioning their marriages or sexuality is not allowed. Graphic sexual comments about the band in general will not be allowed. There is a level of decency and respect for the band we need to follow.

Perhaps the subject should be changed or take it to pm.

Ok, here is the article

U2 Star “The Edge” beim Fremdknutschen erwischt!
(hgm) Während es bei Johnny Depp nur Gerüchte sind (Viply berichtete), scheint es beim U2-Gitarristen David Howell Evans alias The Edge schon Gewissheit. Der Musiker wurde beim Fremdknutschen mit einer jungen Frau in Sydney erwischt. Und das auch noch kurz vor Weihnachten! Die Erfolgsband U2 rund um Bono ist derzeit auf Australien-Tour. Wer die geküsste Dame ist, ist noch völlig unklar. Klar hingegen ist, dass Davids Ehefrau Morleigh Steinberg zuhause in England auf die Rückkehr ihres Mannes gewartet hatte. Pünktlich zum Heiligabend sollte die gesamte U2-Crew wieder bei ihren Familien sein. Ein schönes Fest dürfte es für sie und die Kinder Sian and Levi jetzt nicht mehr werden.
Aufgeflogen ist die Knutscherei nach einem Besuch im Restaurant “Sean’s Panorama” in Bondi Beach. Die Beiden sind bereits zuvor recht innig gesichtet worden, berichten Quellen. Auch diesmal müssen sie sich unbeobachtet gefühlt haben. Ein offizielles Statement gibt es bisher nicht - weder von David, noch von seiner Frau.

:lmao: Morleigh waiting at home in England? Yeah, they really have their sources right.

They don't know who the woman is either, so we're best off to just ignore this drabble.

I didn't see this posted.

U2 demand to stay in luxurious Irish castle

By Sarah Bull

Last updated at 2:53 PM on 23rd December 2010

With snow still falling in many areas of the UK, millions of people have been left stranded as planes have been cancelled due to bad weather.

But while thousands of people have been forced to spend their pre-Christmas break sleeping inside airports, things were a bit different for U2 when their plane was diverted on the way home from Australia.

The band were heading back from Down Under after a five-week tour when they were told the plane would have to land in Shannon, County Clare, because it was too dangerous to continue on to Dublin, where there is currently eight inches of snow.

However, Bono and Co. said the only way they would allow to aircraft to land in Shannon would be if they could be guaranteed rooms at the luxurious and exclusive Dromoland Castle.

And, being one of the most famous rock bands in the world, U2′s request was quickly fulfilled and they were soon greeted with homemade shepherd’s pie at the hotel.

Mark Nolan, general manager of Dromoland Castle, said: ‘It was an unexpected visit but we were absolutely delighted to welcome them.
‘They were the nicest and most appreciative people you could ever meet.’

untitled.jpg

Dromoland Castle general manager Mark Nolan poses with U2 stars Bono and The Edge as well as other members of the party outside the luxurious hotel

^:lmao:

"And the award for Stupidest Tabloid Article of the Year (the coveted STAY award) goes to...

Sarah Bull!!" :lol:

What an appropriate name for the author!

"U2 demand to stay in luxurious Irish castle"
"Bono and Co. said the only way they would allow to (sic) aircraft to land in Shannon would be if they could be guaranteed rooms at the luxurious and exclusive Dromoland Castle"

and then...

"Mark Nolan, general manager of Dromoland Castle, said: ‘It was an unexpected visit but we were absolutely delighted to welcome them. ‘They were the nicest and most appreciative people you could ever meet.’"

I'm not sure if that article is supposed to read sarcastic or not :scratch:

Uhm, didn't they get home through Cork? Edge and Bono on the train? :scratch:

And I'm sure that they're stuck up enough to demand to stay in a luxury castle, OR ELSE they won't LET the plane land.

:lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom