PLEBA Misc News and Articles #4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2 reworking hits with Blackstreet member-article removal
Monday 2 August 2010 10.05 BST

An online story, headed U2 reworking hits with Blackstreet member, reported claims in tweets by Dave Hollister that he was in the studio with Bono and the Edge, 'redoing some classics' (guardian.co.uk, 23 July 2010). This web page was taken down on 24 July after a U2 representative informed the Guardian that no such collaboration was taking place.

U2 reworking hits with Blackstreet member - article removal | From the Guardian | guardian.co.uk

^ Yeah, that's the part I don't understand either.

And I also don't quite understand why they had to wait for the German doctor after Bono's injury when his surgery took place before the championships even started in South Africa. I know Bono waited for 10 days - he got injured on 11 May and the surgery took place on 21 May, so it wasn't really an "emergency" after all, was it?

I took it to mean that the doctor was in South Africa with the German team and Bono had to wait for him to come back. Paul said he was paralyzed and Bono did say that he spent some time "staring at the ceiling." That's pretty scary, if he had to wait that long in that condition.

U2 Prep New, Rare Songs for Tour - from Gibson.com

U2 resume their 360° Tour on Friday in Turin, Italy, and the Irish rockers have been busy practicing at the city’s Olympic Sports Hall Stadium. Fans have been camping out to hear what the boys have in store, and it seems that they might be playing at least one totally new song on this leg of the tour, according toRollingStone.com.

A practice rendition of the rocking tune has been posted in a video on YouTube (click below to hear the slightly muffled recording). The band’s rehearsals also have included some rarities, such as “Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me” from the Batman Forever soundtrack, which U2 have not played since the Popmart Tour in 1998. “Miss Sarajevo,” from 1995’s Passengers side project, and “Gone,” from 1997’s Pop, were also played.

The European leg of U2’s 360° Tour continues through the October 8 show in Rome. The band’s North American leg (originally planned for this summer, but rescheduled due to Bono’s back injury) will begin May 21, 2011 in Denver, Colorado.

More and some video at:
U2 Prep New, Rare Songs for Tour

I took it to mean that the doctor was in South Africa with the German team and Bono had to wait for him to come back. Paul said he was paralyzed and Bono did say that he spent some time "staring at the ceiling." That's pretty scary, if he had to wait that long in that condition.

staring at the ceiling could also be a reference to being in a hospital bed

From @u2 Some talk about album plans from Bono

SPOILER: U2 Talks to La Stampa

SPOILER: U2 Talks to La Stampa

@U2, August 04, 2010
By: Matt McGee / @mattmcgee

U2 spills some beans about this Friday's tour opener -- and also talks about future album plans -- in an interview published Thursday by the Italian newspaper La Stampa. It's on the paper's web site and U2place.com tipped us off to it.

On the subject of new album plans, Bono says -- and we're using the Google translation here -- that U2 currently has four projects going on:

* "an ambient album, Songs of Ascent"
* "a rock album"
* a "club music" album
* "the soundtrack of Spiderman, the musical debuting on Broadway in November"

The band gives no other details about any of those projects. But they do reveal some of their plans for Friday night's U2 360 tour opener. Bono says the band will play "at least three new songs," and he confirms that one of them is the song U2 wrote especially for their planned Glastonbury appearance. He says they worked on that song last year during the week that the band was finishing the tour in Vancouver, performing in New York at the Rock Hall's 30th Anniversary concert, and performing with Jay-Z at the MTV Europe Music Awards in Berlin.

One last note: Regarding his health, Bono says "every hour that passes I feel better." (But admits that he's started smoking again.)

Bonoman is feelin good , and going back to Pop mode!:drool: What more could I wish for?!
Smoking is bad , but his own decision, if he enjoys it, why not?

He's been under a lot of stress, I kind of understand why he smokes, but I didn't know he ever stopped smoking. His voice is excellent, I hope he takes care! And of the back, too.

Obviously, when Bono is saying he "started smoking again" it means that he had to stop around the time of the surgery, but surely not that he had stopped smoking altogether. I have never believed he did actually stop smoking. It's just that you don't see him smoke in public, he's very careful about not being seen smoking, unlike in the 90s where he was running around with his cigarette all the time. He's under a lot of stress, I can't blame him and I won't judge him, but yes, for his overall health, it would be better if he smoked less, or quit altogether, which I'm fairly sure he won't.

Nope , he likes smoking , why would he quit? He seems like a casual smoker to me.
If you think about it, his voice would be really shit if he would quit smoking now,
he would get hoarse and cough all the time.

It doesn't matter why he smokes and it's silly to assume or think any of us know the answers.

FACT: Smoking causes cancer famous or not and is awful for your voice.

I want him to quit for purely selfish reasons...I want him around a loooooooong time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom