PLEBA Grammy Party: Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by RavenStar:
I can't belive a SOUNDTRACk just won ALBUM of the year

Do the voters do this just to suprise people? I'm shocked. I don't think it deserved it, soundtrack or not... Woah. Well I expect critics to be mourning U2's loss tomorrow. At least we have that to look forward to?

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

Originally posted by FishNeedsABicycle:
All of you ladies are invited to a post grammy party at the MacPhisto Mansion...

Just ask Hippy...she'll tell you how fun it is!

Clums you comin' too? It would be a shame to waste the last few hours of naked time...lol

You should all come! It's so much fun over there!
smile.gif

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

"This is very un-hip, you know, having the bleeding heart here...I've a reputation to live down to." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Wooo! Adam gave the speech! I'm soooo excited! YAY!! I've never really heard him do an acceptance speech before. Well, at least not one as long.

Hugs and stuff,
Mary Ellen

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

RECORD OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND ADAM SPOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
eek.gif
eek.gif

LOOK HOW CUTE THEY ARE, Bono hugging Edgie!!

And Danny Lanois is there too....and T Bone won a Grammy as well,

WHAT A GREAT NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE U2!!!!!!!!!!!

I can go to bed happy and dream sweet U2ey dreams, YAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

Originally posted by FishNeedsABicycle:
All of you ladies are invited to a post grammy party at the MacPhisto Mansion...

Just ask Hippy...she'll tell you how fun it is!

Clums you comin' too? It would be a shame to waste the last few hours of naked time...lol

of course!!
smile.gif

i loveth my fishy!! *HUG*

see you there!!
U2.jpg

so, when edge goes into the massage part of the spa.....

EDGE: em, he-hello? *has towel wrapped around waist and a second one wrapped around shoulders* *blush*
JULIE: yes~ right over here, comeon in!
EDGE: *scoot* em, where do i go? *blush*
JULIE: i'll need you to lie down on this table... em, you'll have to take those towels off, you know.
EDGE: all of them??
JULIE: eh, yes
EDGE: *shyly peels off the one around his shoulders*
JULIE: OMD! *THUD*
EDGE: em...

yea, that was too easy and just not funny. but it did get me thinking about how each of the guys would enter the spa-

Edge: (as above) wearing 3 towels around waist and another around shoulders
Larry: a towel tied loosely around his waist, hanging just below the man groove
Bono: no towel (or tied as a bandana around head)
Adam: "what's a towel?"

------------------
~Julie*
ScottPhisto's Shampoo Girl

"Let me introduce you to the scientist in the family. The man who gets sexual pleasure out of the collection of data. The Edge!" ~Bono (Boston)

The Fly: *looking at Edge* Did you have a dictionary for breakfast or something?
(MPS)

"EEEEEDGE, BEDAZZLE MEEEEEE!"

LOL Julie!
biggrin.gif

Adam: What's a towel?
wink.gif

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

"This is very un-hip, you know, having the bleeding heart here...I've a reputation to live down to." -Bono

Yay! 4 Grammys ... pretty cool! Also, Hallelujah wanted me to report to those of you on chat that she didn't just abandon ya'll ... she got kicked offline by her evil internet collection, and was heartbroken she couldn't say goodbye.
smile.gif

Off to watch postshow, in hopes of seeing U2!

------------------
"Adam's in his world, lost to the music. You've probably never seen a happier person in your life."
~BP Fallon

"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
~Andrew Jackson

I loved it!!! But I can't believe a soundtrack won album of the year.... I thought the only one that could've beaten them was Bob Dylan (which is a great album!!). But oh well! At least they won for WALK ON!!!! They were all sooooo cute!!! Larry was even smiling!!!

------------------
Sleep
Sleep tonight
And may your dreams
Be realized
If the thunder cloud
Passes rain
So let it rain
Rain on him

Originally posted by Mirrorball Girl:
Yay! 4 Grammys ... pretty cool! Also, Hallelujah wanted me to report to those of you on chat that she didn't just abandon ya'll ... she got kicked offline by her evil internet collection, and was heartbroken she couldn't say goodbye.
smile.gif

Off to watch postshow, in hopes of seeing U2!

Thanks for that info...we were wondering where she went! We missed her!

Post show party in the MacPhisto Mansion....

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

Originally posted by hippyactress:

Post show party in the MacPhisto Mansion....

MacPhisto Mansion? Are you ladies TRYING to kill me? hehe! I just watched the post show interview with our boys, and I couldn't help but find myself.....oh nevermind...let's hope for better dreams for me tonight!

------------------
Dana

"U2 is hot."
-random girl from my math class.

Postshow postshow!
Bono has a dirty mouth!
Adam not apologizing! Extreme meltdown alert!! Fuzzies galore!!
LARRY TALKS!! Didn't feel the LOVE?? Does he ever read PLEBA, man?!
Edge saunters off the camera!! Aww!
Repeating the oft-heard... AHHHHHH THEY'RE ALL SO CUTE!! *dies*
okay, I'm done
biggrin.gif

------------------
What's wrong with this picture?
Keep looking, you'll figure it out.

Kristie, I know I loved it. That poor guy interviewing him was sooooooooooooooo starstruck, stumbling over his words and such. Even though he hung out with them at the Elevation VH1 preshow, he was still all flustered and stuff.

He'll fit in just nice here at the PLEBA Mansion

------------------
Daisy

and you become the monster
so the monster will not break you

Bonobono is a gentle boy

Originally posted by hippyactress:

Hallelujah says: "Awwwwwwwwwwwww!"

biggrin.gif

I'm disappointed that I couldn't join chat, but I was willing to sacrifice that for the pleasure of actually watching U2.
smile.gif
The post show interview was so cool! All of them looked so very lovely!!!

------------------
"Adam's in his world, lost to the music. You've probably never seen a happier person in your life."
~BP Fallon

"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
~Andrew Jackson

ok, sula here to check in for the Twin Cities gang. We had a stellar time rocking in the basement at the house of local fans. Lilly and 2 friends, zonelistener, kyra1, Ali Rose, and 4 other people from U2-Midwest. We all screamed our lungs out every time our boys won and shrieked with delight at every flash of them across the screen. During commercial breaks and crappy performances, we sang U2 songs along with a guitar brought by one of the U2-Midwest people. What fun!

after the show, some of us stuck around for a while and put on the Popmart video. Nothing like having U2 on the telly, surround sound, screaming your lungs out and dancing along like maniacs with other fans.
biggrin.gif

So all in all...U2 cookies, U2 grammies, they got robbed of a few, but they still rock my world.

over and out...

-sula

Yay for U2! I'm so happy they got 4 awards, and Walk On, the acceptance speeches, and post show interview were great! I hope the Edge enjoys his spa treatment.
smile.gif

And FYI, the E! Fashion Police report with Joan Rivers (
icon28.gif
) is at 3pm ET on Saturday. I'm going to watch in hopes that no Edge bashing occurs!

Ah gals...what a wonderful night!

We had a wonderful party! And to all those who were on chat...I had so much fun! We must do it again!

Gals...I'm headed off to watch many hours of U2 and try to get some work done before classes tomorrow...blargh...the real world infiltrates into my happy little U2 world
frown.gif

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

final not of the evening:

did anyone else die laughing when the Grammys went to commercials and they were for hotpockets and jr. hotpockets?

i think it was so funny because i was the only person laughing in my house, which makes it funnier!

biggrin.gif

------------------
~Julie*
ScottPhisto's Shampoo Girl

"Let me introduce you to the scientist in the family. The man who gets sexual pleasure out of the collection of data. The Edge!" ~Bono (Boston)

The Fly: *looking at Edge* Did you have a dictionary for breakfast or something?
(MPS)

"EEEEEDGE, BEDAZZLE MEEEEEE!"

Okay Girls. I am checking in from Toronto. It is 1:30am and I just got back from the Grammy Party. We had a great time, and the tribute band was awesome. During Mysterious Ways, Mrs. Edge was kind enough to dance for us, and myself and another girl actually got up on the dance floor. After losing out to a soundtrack (WTF???) The night turned out to be a great one after all!!

....And Mrs. Edge is the coolest. My conversation with her was the first one that I ever had with another person, in person, where I didn't feel like a total freak because of my obsession!!!!

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

Back
Top Bottom