PLEBA Girls Party: No One Can Take The Place of Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VintagePunk said:

Thanks for the offer Jo, but your country's still way worse off politically than mine. :wink: Small solace, but at least it's something. :sigh:

Really going. :wave:

Yeah, VP, I try and forget about my country's screwed-up political system as much as possible lately myself. God, it's sad. :sigh:

Not to mention the state of my state's economy and major industry. While you Canadians were viewing news of your elections, earlier today, we here were reading about Ford Motor Company plant closings and layoffs. :sigh:

VintagePunk said:
Okay, not gone yet. :wink:

Sami, WORSE. But he only has a minority government, so he doesn't have the power that Mulroney did.

He doesn't have it yet... *is not giving up till either all the votes or counted or she goes to bed, whichever comes first*

My dad: Even though he's a U2 fan from way back he loved Mulroney and was also a big Reagan fan...he went to McGill for a while when Mulroney was PM

He says Montreal is a beautiful city and he loved Toronto and saw the Who at the skydome and he wants me to put the :rockon: face

and cheers to the great white north, eh?

Last edited:
^ :lol:

:rockon: eH! Greetings from the north to sami's dad.

jobob said:

Yeah, VP, I try and forget about my country's screwed-up political system as much as possible lately myself. God, it's sad. :sigh:

Not to mention the state of my state's economy and major industry. While you Canadians were viewing news of your elections, earlier today, we here were reading about Ford Motor Company plant closings and layoffs. :sigh:

My dad's in the auto industry, I was listening to that too. It's a shame. There's a lot of lost jobs. :down:

Sad_Girl said:

I sympathize. :hug: I still remember when Al Gore got elected and Bush cheated his way into the white house. :sigh: It's been a ridiculously long presidency.

Clinton in 2008! :rockon:

Sorry. I seriously doubt there will be another Clinton presidency in two years. This country's far too conservative now, and too many people hate Bill and Hillary Clinton too much for her to be elected president.

But, yes, W. cheated his way into the White House -- and conservatives had the nerve to say Gore was whining and complaining over the recounts? :huh:

jobob said:

Sorry. I seriously doubt there will be another Clinton presidency in two years. This country's far too conservative now, and too many people hate Bill and Hillary Clinton too much for her to be elected president.

But, yes, W. cheated his way into the White House -- and conservatives had the nerve to say Gore was whining and complaining over the recounts? :huh:

i agree with everything in this post:wink:

sami0201 said:
Did his post make everyone leave me :sad: Was it offensive? Should I edit it? :lol:

<---feels stupid :reject:

:hug:

As your local Canadian, I am not offeneded smply amused. :lol:

Tell him some polar bears just walked by my igloos window. :wink:

SG :hug:
I remember watching the US elections with perhaps even more rapture than I'm watching my own. :lol:
Except that time, every sign of red made me cry inside.

I will never understand how Bush can get away with so much, yet Clinton got crucified for a minor indescretion (that many other presidents have probably also done, they just haven't been caught).

Jo I was just watching Hardball with Chris Matthews the other night and I gotta tell you, I don't think Hillary Clinton For President is as outrageous as it might've been four or five years ago.

The Republicans are seriously considering nominating Condi Rice

sami0201 said:
Jo, I heard about the Ford thing :sad:

Do not flame me, I wasn't living in Florida for the 2000 election! :wink:

:sigh:

You weren't that weird old cross-eyed guy on TV who inspected the punch cards for hanging chads? :wink:

sami0201 said:
Bri- he laughed at you :lol: :love:
(in a good way)

Wow, he actually said it's fun posting on here :lmao:
:laugh:

Oh good, cause if he was mocking me, I'll come down there and beat him with a hockey stick. Untaped. :mad:

:lol:

Hi sami's dad! Send you daughter to Canada. We'll take good care of her....keep her safe from frostbite, I won't even feed her to my sled dogs.

~BrightestStar~ said:

I remember watching the US elections with perhaps even more rapture than I'm watching my own. :lol:
Except that time, every sign of red made me cry inside.

:sad: don't remind me :sad:

i think it's to early to guess who will be nominated for 2008, who knows what the political climate will be like then :shrug:

~BrightestStar~ said:

:laugh:

Oh good, cause if he was mocking me, I'll come down there and beat him with a hockey stick. Untaped. :mad:

Hi sami's dad! Send you daughter to Canada. We'll take good care of her....keep her safe from frostbite, I won't even feed her to my sled dogs.

He laughed again :lol:

He wants to reply to you but I'm not letting him :lmao:

He wants to know if you'll make me sing U2 songs in public for Molsons eh?

Oh Lord he wants an account :help:

Sad_Girl said:
Jo I was just watching Hardball with Chris Matthews the other night and I gotta tell you, I don't think Hillary Clinton For President is as outrageous as it might've been four or five years ago.

The Republicans are seriously considering nominating Condi Rice

Condi Rice for president ... :hmm:

On the one hand, I want to see more women run for office in every level of government.

On the other hand, she's a Republican.

On yet another hand, I strongly suspect the Secretary of State is a Pleban. You ever see pictures of how she looks at Bono when he visits the White House? Big ear-to-ear grin. :wink:

^ She did :(
To console herself with ice cream, and let Sarah use the cmp

sami0201 said:

He laughed again :lol:

He wants to reply to you but I'm not letting him :lmao:

He wants to know if you'll make me sing U2 songs in public for Molsons eh?

Oh Lord he wants an account :help:

:lmao:!!

He's being seduced by my Canadian charm and wit! :happy:

Isn't she too young to drink? :shame:
She can sing for timbits, and double-doubles.

Oh, don't forget to send her with a parka. The temperature drops 50 degrees when you cross the border.

~BrightestStar~ said:
^ She did :(
To console herself with ice cream, and let Sarah use the cmp

:lmao:!!

He's being seduced by my Canadian charm and wit! :happy:

Isn't she too young to drink? :shame:
She can sing for timbits, and double-doubles.

Oh, don't forget to send her with a parka. The temperature drops 50 degrees when you cross the border.

mmmm, timbits! :drool:

Here's a story problem for sami and her dad: If Bri says the temperature drops 50 degrees when you cross the US-Canadian border, and jobob lives north of the Detroit-
Windsor border, then how cold is jobob?

:help:

sami0201 said:

Oh yea : slaps head :

Bri- he says :lol: and that you're funny :lmao:

and that he's going to sleep and to have a nice night and good luck with the election :)

I know, I'm pretty hilarious. :wink:

Good night, sweet dreams, and buy your daughter more U2 stuff. ;)

(And thank you for the political good tidings.......we need them :yikes: )

the rockin edge said:

:yes: tis effective

:sexywink:
I've got all the right stuff.

Back
Top Bottom