PLEBA girls' party: Half-Blood Princes and more...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FlyYourKite said:

Well technically there's 6 weeks left before school begins again to work...but I can't stand my job. I'm already taking off the first week of August to go to a friend's cottage. When I get back I think I'm just going to give my two weeks notice and go to Toronto to see my grandma for the other one.

:hyper: I am so happy to be done with this piece of crap company!

Sometimes you just need a change. I hope it all works out for you!

Sad_Girl said:
U2Edge195.jpg

U2Edge194.jpg

U2Edge9.jpg

I love, love, love his grey stubble! So sexy! I wish Bono would give up fighting the grey and go with it. Adam is sexy as hell with his beautiful silver hair! Bon would look great with grey in his hair. My dad was totally grey by the time he was 30 and now has completely white hair, but its always been really pretty.

:hug: Thanks SG for all the great pics. Just looking at him makes me feel better.

Fly are you quitting your job?

FlyYourKite said:

Well technically there's 6 weeks left before school begins again to work...but I can't stand my job. I'm already taking off the first week of August to go to a friend's cottage. When I get back I think I'm just going to give my two weeks notice and go to Toronto to see my grandma for the other one.

:hyper: I am so happy to be done with this piece of crap company!

Coming to Toronto? *perks up* Let me know when you're coming and we'll hit the town :hyper: I'll give you a little pre-Sept tour ;)

Russty Cat said:

Fly are you quitting your job?

Yeah well I was going to leave at the end of August anyway because with two 12 hour shifts each week at the hospital plus regular classes during the year...I don't think I could work at the same time. I'm just so sick of it though, I'm going to leave a week earlier and spend time with my grandma.

I will definitely let you know when I'm in Hogtown Drea :yes:

FlyYourKite said:

Please let me know when you're planning on coming - I might be going to visit the 'rents in Chatham in August, and I'd hate to be there while you're here :wink:

Thanks Diane! Have a good sleep. :hug: See you tomorrow. :wave:

Mr. Cat is the best! He bought us some meat, cheese, bread, and fruit for dinner at the store. He was just telling me sorry that he got a different kind of roast beef, but he wanted to make sure the one he got didn't have nitrates in it, cuz they give me migraines. It just amazes me the things he thinks of and does for me. The other day he brought me a ton of ice cream. Like 4 gallons worth. All different kinds, so I could choose what I wanted. :drool: And every once in a while he brings me home Hubba Bubba Watermelon bubblegum. I loved it when we were kids, but my parents didn't have much extra money so it was like a huge treat when i got any. :heart:

Wow I love Tim Burton. From The Nightmare Before Christmas to Edward Scissorhands...and now Charlie :happy: He is awesome. And he has a new movie coming out next year I think...Corpse Bride which looks awesome, very Nightmare-like :D

Night Diane! :wave: :hug:

Drea, as soon as I know when I'll be going I will let you know :yes: It'll be a pre-PLEBAn party since I won't get to go to a concert with you :sad: By the way, I forget if I told you this or not, but my friend said she was going to a wedding in Toronto on September 17th as well. Wouldn't it be funny if it was the same one you'll be going to?

FlyYourKite said:

Yeah well I was going to leave at the end of August anyway because with two 12 hour shifts each week at the hospital plus regular classes during the year...I don't think I could work at the same time. I'm just so sick of it though, I'm going to leave a week earlier and spend time with my grandma.

I bet your grandma would love to see you! and doing school and work would be way to much! Sounds like a very good plan.

Goodnight Diane :wave: have a nice cool rest.

And Goodnight Jules :hug:

Russty - I think you're probably the luckiest person in the wordl, except maybe for Ali. :heart: Thats so very sweet of him.

I'm having a hard time right now, understanding the way life plays out. Mark and I were so blissfully happy for the longest time and now... I honestly don't know if I matter to him at all. But I can't let go. He's my soul mate, and I love him more than anything but God. It just hurts so much. I feel like such an idiot sometimes ... but as much as I want to feel loved again, I don't want it to be by anyone other than him.

FlyYourKite said:

Drea, as soon as I know when I'll be going I will let you know :yes: It'll be a pre-PLEBAn party since I won't get to go to a concert with you :sad: By the way, I forget if I told you this or not, but my friend said she was going to a wedding in Toronto on September 17th as well. Wouldn't it be funny if it was the same one you'll be going to?

You did tell me :giggle: Alas, as I said before, the wedding I'm going to is in Chatham, not TO, or I'd be able to hit the show on the 16th too ;)

Sim Bri is too funny putting soap in the fountain! :lol:

SG I was telling Mags and Raven, my artist buddies about the Sims yesterday and they think the pink mohawk is so me. :laugh: They said eventually in real life I'll have a pink mohawk. I love them so much, they are so excepting of things. They acted as if U2 sims where perfectly normal. :lol:

But these are also two people who were discussing the artistic merit of tattoos in modern culture. :laugh:

Ok, ladies. Here it is. (Completely unbetaed and unspellchecked)For those who read the first one. For those who didn't: When last we read, Edge, Bono, Larry and Adam were in Egypt trying to open a newly discovered tomb. Adam is in charge of the actual opening of the tomb while everyone else stood around and made plans. And thus we continue with the next installment of As The Boys Dig.

David, Lawrence and Paul are all gathered aroudn the table in hte linguist's tent, when Adam walks in. The other three look at him. He brushes dust from his short, blond hair. It covers his formerly white tank top and has settled over his shoes. Muddy rivers of sweat and dust slide over his face, arms and neck as he pulls out a handkerchif to wipe off his glasses. "It's open." He says as he wipes his hands off.

The tent flap moves behind him and six local workers carry a large slab, in two peices, into the tent. They place it on one of the low tables. Lawrence scowls at Adam. The other man pulls a ciggerette from his pocket and lights it, indifferent to the look. Lawrence picks up a large brush and begins to clean the sand and dust from the bloken slab, in order to determin the damage.

"It's not my fault. There was a hairline fracture. THe minute we got the sides of the lower portion lossened, the bottom half fell." He shrugs, exhaling thorugh his nose.

Lawrence looks up from where he's gently brushing the dirt off to uncover the details. "Did you check for hairline fractures?"

Adam blows a smoke ring.

"Then it's your fault."

David grabs Paul, Paul's camera, and his notebooks and makes a hasty retreat to the newly open tomb. Even as they hurry across the sand, they can hear Adam and Lawrence bickering.

Sad_Girl said:
Goodnight Diane :wave: have a nice cool rest.

And Goodnight Jules :hug:

Russty - I think you're probably the luckiest person in the wordl, except maybe for Ali. :heart: Thats so very sweet of him.

I'm having a hard time right now, understanding the way life plays out. Mark and I were so blissfully happy for the longest time and now... I honestly don't know if I matter to him at all. But I can't let go. He's my soul mate, and I love him more than anything but God. It just hurts so much. I feel like such an idiot sometimes ... but as much as I want to feel loved again, I don't want it to be by anyone other than him.

SG :hug: Your not an idiot! I know exactly how you feel. Just last month when I was in the hospital a good friend of mine told me to just leave Mr. Cat that it was ridiculuos that we were still together. But for every moment of crap and the fact that we have nothing in common, I can't imagine life without him. For some reason I love him more then myself sometimes. So no matter how hard it is, I'm in it for the long haul.

I don't think we will ever understand why we love the ones we do. But I'm still praying for you two and hoping for you. And you can only do what feels right for you in your heart.

:hug: Russty :heart:

Thanks. I don't know what to say, really. I'm just really screwed up in head and heart right now. I don't know what I would do without all of you guys :hug:

SG :hug: I'm going to keep my mouth closed on this one because seeing as how I'm not married or never was, I don't think I can make any fair judgements or comments. But I can say that I am here always if you want to talk :D I hope you will find peace, whatever peace that may be, soon.

Sad_Girl said:
:hug: Russty :heart:

Thanks. I don't know what to say, really. I'm just really screwed up in head and heart right now. I don't know what I would do without all of you guys :hug:

:hug: I don't know what I would do without you either! :heart: We all need each other!

I wish I had some good tips for you. I honestly don't know what saved our marriage when we were separated. Honestly part of it I think was 9/11. When that happened and we were living so far apart I think it made us realize that in an instant we could loose each other permanently. I do remember coming home and sitting him down for the first time and really talking. I layed it all out and he was really honest with me as well. There were terms and conditions made that had to be kept otherwise we were both ready to call it quits. We're still working on some of them.

He swears his problems are all personal and have nothing to do with me and there is nothing I can do to help . It's the most frustrating scenerio possible :banghead:

I know it's partially a mid-life crisis for him, and partially an effect of his awful childhood. I'm just naturally inclined to want to do something to help when I see someone in trouble or pain

One thing I do remember like it was yesterday, crying to my mother about everything.

"Mom we are going to loose our house, we are dead broke, and my marriage is screwed up."

Her response was so kind.

"Baby, you made this life for yourself, now you have to learn to deal with it." I swear I wanted to kill her on that day. After all the years of putting up with her and my dad fighting and trying to get me to be on their side, she couldn't even show some sort of compassion. Probably another reason I came back, living with my parents would have been like living in Hell. Actually hell would probably be better. :giggle:

Sad_Girl said:
He swears his problems are all personal and have nothing to do with me and there is nothing I can do to help . It's the most frustrating scenerio possible :banghead:

I know it's partially a mid-life crisis for him, and partially an effect of his awful childhood. I'm just naturally inclined to want to do something to help when I see someone in trouble or pain

That is really hard. :hug: Until he is ready to accept help, their probably isn't much you can do. This was one of the major issues in our major. I wasn't willing to get medical help even though I was very sick and depressed. Mr. Cat told me that if I didn't see someone that he was walking. He couldn't take it anymore, watching me be in pain and not being able to help.

My best advice is just to keep loving him and keep telling him that you love him and are his friend and that you will be there for him thru this. Hopefully he will get to the point where he realizes how important that is.

If he doesn't, I'm gonna steal you and make you come live with me. :sexywink: :kiss:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom