Pleba Girls Party--Daddy's Gonna Pay and Pay and Pay...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Russty Cat said:
I'm back sorry a certain Pleban called and we were discussing plans for next week. :hyper: :dance: :rockon:

Is it so wrong that I'm laughing my bum off thinking of you guys wrapped up in little huddles waiting in line? :wink: One of the nice things about not waiting for GA.

ohhh its so worth it, id take the freezing your but off, sleeping in GA and the general mayhem that comes with it anyday

but each to their own :hug:

VP where are you staying in Boston?

(and i'm no hero--i'm soooooooo broke! think of me more as a pitiful obsessed fan)

ruffian said:
waiting in line totally blows, I agree--but like VP, I can't be in the back anymore or even on the second row :no: I need to see all the details :drool:

yeah...being right up there does rock...:rockon::drool: but I just couldn't do it the lasttime...the thought of being smushed with all the people really turned me off...so when the guys came out everyone smushed and we were no further than 25 feet...and had all the space in the world. But yeah..if could choose where too go without having to wait in line..I'd be on the rail:drool: :drool: :drool:

God...I sound so OLD:yikes:

ruffian said:

i bet :drool:

but ya know i spent the night grading exams and blowing my nose. it was *totally* hawt. i'm gonna write some steamin' fanfic about it :up:

I think we might be becoming friends, even. :ohmy: Which is all I ever wanted in the first place...

I don't think it's ever going to become a huge romance or anything, he's just not like that, and I really don't think I want that from him, anyway. But things have been good. :)

ruffian said:

at about 12 shows on this leg... :reject: and of course busting my butt in between shows to get caught up on all the grading that has piled up...and then i've spent considerable time constructing flimsy excuses and rehearsing them in front of a mirror :wink: this is the longest i've been home since September--three full weeks between shows!

:bow: i want to do that next tour :drool:

Dismantled said:

yeah...being right up there does rock...:rockon::drool: but I just couldn't do it the lasttime...the thought of being smushed with all the people really turned me off...so when the guys came out everyone smushed and we were no further than 25 feet...and had all the space in the world. But yeah..if could choose where too go without having to wait in line..I'd be on the rail:drool: :drool: :drool:

God...I sound so OLD:yikes:

you ARE old. Remember? you're SENILE :love:

:wink:

VintagePunk said:

W/b! :hug:

But when you get in there and you're so close you can count the beads of sweat on B's face, it's MORE than worth it.

I hate to come off as some picky, entitled fan, but I don't think I could ever be satisfied with seats again. :)

:hug: :D

Well I know its going to be so hard for me to sit in normal seats especially after all the years of seeing Pearl Jam up close. But I seriously just worry that if I was in GA and had a problem I wouldn't be able to get out and it would go bad real fast. I'd hate to have to have security pull me out. A few years ago I would have said fuck it and done it, but after the last PJ concert I just know I wouldn't make it thru the whole show.

It does sadden me that I will never get to be up close with U2, but I'm to the point in my life that I'm just happy to be getting in the building. :heart:

ruffian said:
VP where are you staying in Boston?

(and i'm no hero--i'm soooooooo broke! think of me more as a pitiful obsessed fan)

I haven't talked to you for soooo long, it seems. I'm not sure if Boston is even do-able, at this point. :sad:

I'm still going to try though, and if I/we go, I was planning on staying with Jem and Wild, if they'll still have me. :drool:

:up:
sounds like you have your expectations sufficiently adjusted--good for you.

but didn't you just post you thought Boston would be ok? or did you say Cleveland? Anyway, i hope you can come. I just booked my flight today...some solace given that so many of my friends are livin' it up in Las Vegas.

VintagePunk said:

I think we might be becoming friends, even. :ohmy: Which is all I ever wanted in the first place...

I don't think it's ever going to become a huge romance or anything, he's just not like that, and I really don't think I want that from him, anyway. But things have been good. :)

Russty Cat said:

:hug: :D

Well I know its going to be so hard for me to sit in normal seats especially after all the years of seeing Pearl Jam up close. But I seriously just worry that if I was in GA and had a problem I wouldn't be able to get out and it would go bad real fast. I'd hate to have to have security pull me out. A few years ago I would have said fuck it and done it, but after the last PJ concert I just know I wouldn't make it thru the whole show.

It does sadden me that I will never get to be up close with U2, but I'm to the point in my life that I'm just happy to be getting in the building. :heart:

I have back problems (not debilitating, some days are better than others, that kind of thing), and I pretty much HAVE to have a rail to lean against. The one show where I was second row from the rail nearly killed me, and there were times when I seriously didn't think I'd make it through the show. Same with Det. 2...I was in the ellipse and all the front rail was taken, so I stood slightly back and got the side rail. I KNOW I wouldn't have made it through that show without a rail.

i gotta run--but i'll be around some this weekend. hope to see you all again soon! :wave:

ruffian said:
:up:
sounds like you have your expectations sufficiently adjusted--good for you.

but didn't you just post you thought Boston would be ok? or did you say Cleveland? Anyway, i hope you can come. I just booked my flight today...some solace given that so many of my friends are livin' it up in Las Vegas.

I jokingly said that if I sell the rest of my books, which I think will be a near-impossibility, I might be able to get to Boston. Right now it's not looking good, but then you know that old Pleban adage....never say never, where there's a will there's a way. We make the impossible happen, as you well know. As I've lectured you. :lol:

So...if not Boston, then Cleveland/Buffalo.

But I need to find tickets at face. :sad: Can't afford any more than that.

See ya Jem :hug:

Later Ruff, have a good weekend! :hug:

VintagePunk said:

I have back problems (not debilitating, some days are better than others, that kind of thing), and I pretty much HAVE to have a rail to lean against. The one show where I was second row from the rail nearly killed me, and there were times when I seriously didn't think I'd make it through the show. Same with Det. 2...I was in the ellipse and all the front rail was taken, so I stood slightly back and got the side rail. I KNOW I wouldn't have made it through that show without a rail.

:hug: I figured there was alot of people like me who give it a go even though they probably really shouldn't. But you only live once. :giggle: And I'm glad you guys have all gotten to do it. I'm living thru you and I appreciate ya takin one for the team. :wink:

When I was in the middle of the last PJ show and I realized that my face was about to meet the metal chair :)lol:) it was one of the scariest things, but I think it would be even more embarrassing loosing it in GA, cuz it would be so much more obvious without chairs or a place to really sit down if you needed too. I swear that night I totally believe that there was an angel there. When I was trying to get out of my seat when I realized that I needed some serious help no one was moving, so I started climbing over chairs to get out. At the end of the row there was a whole bunch of people blocking the aisle and no one would move. I was screaming and no one could hear me, cuz we were so close to the stage. All the sudden this huge hand came out of nowhere and grabbed me. This nice huge guy told me it was okay and he started shoving people out of the way. He carried me all the way to the back of the seated area, put me down and before I could even thank him, he was gone. :heart:

VintagePunk said:

I jokingly said that if I sell the rest of my books, which I think will be a near-impossibility, I might be able to get to Boston. Right now it's not looking good, but then you know that old Pleban adage....never say never, where there's a will there's a way. We make the impossible happen, as you well know. As I've lectured you. :lol:

So...if not Boston, then Cleveland/Buffalo.

But I need to find tickets at face. :sad: Can't afford any more than that.

See ya Jem :hug:

Later Ruff, have a good weekend! :hug:

Where there is a will there is always a Pleban finding a way! :heart:

Bye Jem and Ruff! :hug: :heart: :hug:

Sami that is so freakin cool! :dance: Bring on the money! :lol:

Russty Cat said:

All the sudden this huge hand came out of nowhere and grabbed me. This nice huge guy told me it was okay and he started shoving people out of the way. He carried me all the way to the back of the seated area, put me down and before I could even thank him, he was gone. :heart:

:hug:

the kindness of some strangers is amazing :heart:

Dismantled said:
ticketbastard:angry: what did it do now sami?

I've been checking way too often than necessary for NYC tickets :lol: and I was just checking and it usually just says "we are processing your request" or something like that and then the box comes up that there are no tickets available. Well this time I got the same screen but then it refreshed and said "your wait time is under 2 minutes" and I was like OMG!!! :hyper:

but then I got the no tickets screen :angry:

Back
Top Bottom