Pleba girls party......all trying to catch up with VP, the new blue crack addict!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Diane L said:
Hi Jobob!!!! Long time no see!!!!! :hug: :wave:

I'm going to see Bono introduce Jeffrey Sachs in 7 days. :hyper: then at MSG 3 days later :hyper: then at MSG 6 days after that. :hyper: :hyper:

Two Vertigo Tour shows for you! :hyper:

Jeffrey Sachs! :hyper: Very intersting man. Kinda handsome, too.

I did read parts of The End of Poverty.

Okay, so I've only read the Time magazine excerpt and Bono's foreword ... but they were good parts! I loved how Bono said he once told a flight attendant to get Sachs' autograph along with his because Sachs' autograph should be worth more than his someday.

Diane L said:
It should be a good lecture. It will make me feel like an intellectual and stuff.

Bono :hyper: :hyper:

Smart is sexy, to quote one of my favorite X-Files lines.

And speaking of sexy, and smart, you'll hear and see Bono.

:wink:

I have to wonder what exactly is going on here? :eyebrow:

Candid11.jpg

Edge and Adam are both rather interested in something below the camera's frame

Diane L said:
Oh, and because I haven't mentioned it yet this evening, I just want to state for the record that my fondest wish between now and October 14 is to meet Adam.

:adam: :heart: :hug: :combust:

My, oh, my, did he ever look goooood during the Chicago shows.

<insert babbling, rambling rave about Adam's sexiness here>

jobob said:

My, oh, my, did he ever look goooood during the Chicago shows.

<insert babbling, rambling rave about Adam's sexiness here>

I've decided that I WILL say something about his Silver Foxiness when I meet him. (when?) Something like, "You know, Adam, women are really digging your Silver Fox look," to which he'll probably say something like "Oh, really?" and smirk, or something like that.

Sad_Girl said:
I have to wonder what exactly is going on here? :eyebrow:

Candid11.jpg

Edge and Adam are both rather interested in something below the camera's frame

:bono: "Adam, Edge has just come back from the future, where he tells me that in 2004, someone has made a cult movie called 'Napoleon Dynamite.' And the nerd in in looks just like you do now ..."

Diane L said:

I've decided that I WILL say something about his Silver Foxiness when I meet him. (when?) Something like, "You know, Adam, women are really digging your Silver Fox look," to which he'll probably say something like "Oh, really?" and smirk, or something like that.

Yes, that is what Sparky the Posh One would say.

Me, I get close to Bono, and a song request comes flying out of my mouth. :lol:

If I saw Adam that day instead ... :ohmy: :drool:

Edit to say: SG, you oughta warn me before you post photos like that.

:faint:

revive self
right-click-save
fondly remember Chicago shows

Last edited:
VintagePunk said:
Lurking a bit while watching the PBS documentary...but I had to jump in to say Fly.... :sad: OMG, what an amazing story! :heart: That is soooo awesome that you were able to connect with her...very helpful and meaningful to her, I'm sure, and I'm sure it will go a long way in helping her learn to relate to and trust others. I think children have this sense of who they can trust, and who is safe...she obviously felt that for you, and rightly so. :heart:

I'm soooo proud of you!! :love: You're going to be an amazing nurse. :hug: :hug:

I couldn't have said it better myself at all.
Fly, that's amazing :hug: :heart: And I agree, 100%, you're gonna be an awesome nurse.

Oh and I'll briefly share another milestone in the life of Fly :lol: I finally got up the courage to join PrideWestern as an Ally volunteer. Ally is this program Western has where people take training around homophobia and heterosexism. We kind of support and welcome LGBTQ individuals and work towards making the campus a more inclusive and safe place by being aware of the effects that homophobia and heterosexism can have on people. :up: I haven't done my training yet but it's on Oct. 15th and I'm really looking forward to it. :happy:

Bono and Edge pics make me so happy, they are too cute :cute:

FlyYourKite said:
Oh and I'll briefly share another milestone in the life of Fly :lol: I finally got up the courage to join PrideWestern as an Ally volunteer. Ally is this program Western has where people take training around homophobia and heterosexism. We kind of support and welcome LGBTQ individuals and work towards making the campus a more inclusive and safe place by being aware of the effects that homophobia and heterosexism can have on people. :up: I haven't done my training yet but it's on Oct. 15th and I'm really looking forward to it. :happy:

That is such a great big step for you! :hug: *beams with pride*

I just bought a song on iTunes that I heard for the first time today, while I was in Eckerd Drugs, of all places. It's called "Breathe (2 AM)" by someone named Anna Nalick. I know nothing about this person, I've never heard of her before, but this song is GORGEOUS. Best song I've heard since "Smile Like You Mean It" by the Killers & "Somewhere Only We Know" by Keane.

FlyYourKite said:

Fly, that's wonderful. :hug:

EleCandid6.jpg

:adam: I thought we were at the PGP to hear VP's speech...?
:edge: I learn something new everytime I come here... did you know what HD stood for?
:larry: A drooms and motorcycles party - thats what you said we were going to... you are so going to get it when we get out of here!

:bono: My shows been over for awhile, and VP's still awfully quiet... :hmm: maybe we should send her some hand sanitizer.

FlyYourKite said:

Good for you!! :bow: Sounds like it'll be a great experience. :hug:

Diane L said:
I just bought a song on iTunes that I heard for the first time today, while I was in Eckerd Drugs, of all places. It's called "Breathe (2 AM)" by someone named Anna Nalick. I know nothing about this person, I've never heard of her before, but this song is GORGEOUS. Best song I've heard since "Smile Like You Mean It" by the Killers & "Somewhere Only We Know" by Keane.

I've only heard the actual song once or twice a while ago, but I've seen icons with the "But God it's so beautiful when the boy smiles" lyric around Livejournal.

Drea said:

I've only heard the actual song once or twice a while ago, but I've seen icons with the "But God it's so beautiful when the boy smiles" lyric around Livejournal.

Apparently it made it up to #6 on the Adult Contemporary chart earlier this year. It's just gorgeous! And it's so strange that I just heard it for the first time today--in a drugstore!!!

Diane L said:

I LOVE that song!!! :drool:

Sweetie has a line of it as her sig... "But my God it's so beautiful when the boy smiles."

:love:

Sad_Girl said:

:adam: I thought we were at the PGP to hear VP's speech...?
:edge: I learn something new everytime I come here... did you know what HD stood for?
:larry: A drooms and motorcycles party - thats what you said we were going to... you are so going to get it when we get out of here!

:bono: My shows been over for awhile, and VP's still awfully quiet... :hmm: maybe we should send her some hand sanitizer.

:jobob: Damn. I missed VP's blue crack acceptance speech! Maybe she'll tell me which page of the thread it's on? B, go over to her and ask her nicely for me, okay?

:B: Hello, VP. jobob would like to know where you posted your speech. And after you tell her, maybe you and I could get togehter, open up some white wine, and celebrate your blue crack status? Hmmm?

:jobob: B! Get back here! NOW! Good God, you're as much of a flirt as Bono is, I swear ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom