Pics of the dads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Adam does not look older than his Dad. Adam looks gorgeous, as always.

Adams Dad is the youngest looking of the Dads.

Both generations of Claytons are the best looking. :D

PS I cant believe I'm posting this. I think this is the weirdest thread. Almost creepy actually. Bizarre. :huh:

Last edited:
biff said:
:mad:

(Hi Beli, still cranky?)

I didn't think I was cranky today. Do I sound cranky? lol.

I just get annoyed with people saying Adam looks old because he has silver hair. I personally think Bono looks a good 10 years older, and very tired, than his actual age. (Except for that footage from the French awards where he suprisingly looked much younger :huh: ).

So yeah, I think Bono looks older than Adam but I'm aware I'm about to be crucified for saying so. :uhoh:

*runs, hides*

beli said:
Adam does not look older than his Dad. Adam looks gorgeous, as always.

Adams Dad is the youngest looking of the Dads.

Both generations of Claytons are the best looking. :D

PS I cant believe I'm posting this. I think this is the weirdest thread. Almost creepy actually. Bizarre. :huh:

:lol:

I agree

beli said:

No, not really. I just wondered if you had recovered from your earlier crankiness. I haven't. :mad:

And Adam's dad is pretty dishy, actually.

biff said:

No, not really. I just wondered if you had recovered from your earlier crankiness. I haven't. :mad:

:hug: Mine comes in waves. Its only 6:44am so theres still plenty of time for me to turn cranky today. :wink:

biff said:

And Adam's dad is pretty dishy, actually.

Bonos Dad reminds of the guy on Dads Army. :huh:

beli said:

I just get annoyed with people saying Adam looks old because he has silver hair. I personally think Bono looks a good 10 years older, and very tired, than his actual age. (Except for that footage from the French awards where he suprisingly looked much younger :huh: ).

So yeah, I think Bono looks older than Adam but I'm aware I'm about to be crucified for saying so. :uhoh:

*runs, hides*

I would have to agree. Is there room there for me to hide too?

u2granny said:

I would have to agree. Is there room there for me to hide too?

Yep. Lets go hide down the marina and have a cup of tea/beer/ whatever you fancy. Its a glorious day today.

Biff, Dads Army is a UK comedy tv show from the '70s. A bunch of old, and inept, soldiers.

sonsea1.jpg

Souly said:

Adam look really good in the Sometimes video :shifty:

Adam seems to have been getting progressively better looking in this HTDAAB era.
I mean, really. Everytime I see him, he just seems to look more fabulous than before.

:combust:

beli said:

*runs, hides*

Well that's okay we all have our own opinions. But yours is wrong ;) We all have different taste in guys, oh well. I just always thought Adam looked way older than the rest of the band, ever since JT (he was hot before that, especially UF Adam!) I much prefer Bono's looks. Adam (post UF Adam anyway) isn't my type. Yes, it's the grey hair that makes Adam look old but also IMO his face looks like this :grumpy:

:reject:

But his Dad is wayyy hot and has great hair! :happy: :love:

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:
Yes, it's the grey hair that makes Adam look old but also IMO his face looks like this :grumpy:

:reject:

But his Dad is wayyy hot and has great hair! :happy: :love:

lol. You just like anything with long hair don't you? :wink:

Adam does appear distracted in photos. He gives off a "I hate having my photo taken. Please make this ennnndddd" vibe.

Last edited:
I didn't think there was anything "weird" or "creepy" about this thread. I don't see what's wrong w pictures of their Dads

Unless you mean talking about how they look compared to their fathers-I couldn't care less about that, or about who looks "older" or whatever :shrug:

MrsSpringsteen said:
I didn't think there was anything "weird" or "creepy" about this thread. I don't see what's wrong w pictures of their Dads

I didn't mean it like that. My apologies if I offended.

I meant people drooling over the dads is kinda creepy. To me its a bit like people drooling over the children of U2 members. Each to their own.

Apologies again if I was offensive. That was not my intent.

I didn't see anyone "drooling" over the Dads, maybe I just didn't read that part

It could sort of seem like Kelly's intent was "creepy", I know you didn't mean it that way

I didn't drool over them just to make that clear :wink:

Nah, the intent wasn't creepy. It's a beautiful photo. I'm glad its being shared.

I'm envious actually. I wish I knew my friends for that long, and I wish we all had reasonably good relationships with parents, etc, blah.

Last edited:
MrsSpringsteen said:

Exactly Pearl. For some reason just seeing all their Dads there makes me emotional.

And the expression on Mr. Mullen's face in the DVD pic to me looks just like Larry's expression in so many photos.

I can't wait to see all of these from Anton's book

Exactly! I can't believe how much Larry looks like his dad.

These pics are simply adorable and very very touching.

:heart:

the pictures are so, gosh I cant even describe it, but I think they really cherish these pictures!
the sad thing about this whole " they're getting old" thing is that ALL of my friends make fun of the fact that Bono's balding, and of course I stick up for the guy! I cant help but try and convince my friends to think that (at least) he's good looking. and I've gotten one to say that he was good looking when he was younger (that's how it starts!:wink: ) !!!

What to add to this thread so late on....um, it made me sad&emotional somehow! They are fantastic pics, though!

Thanks to you Kelly, yet again always here with the goods!
:wink:

:applaud: :applaud: :bow: :bow:

teenie said:
this is both fascinating and scary!:scream:
fascinating because they still resemble their younger selves ,scary because they'll still be playing and the cost of tickets will be astronomical by then! At that age we'll all want seats instead of GA's...

No by that age we will all want reserved rocking chairs!:wink:

Back
Top Bottom