Pic Request: U2 + Rolling Stones ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bonomick2.jpg

Anyone know when this pic was taken and what song they were doing? Im assuming it was a Stones gig?

I'd say it was taken at the Stones gig in Chicago in 2003 when Bono came up on stage to perform It's only Rock'n'Roll (But I like it). I have the mp3 of this performance, but I'd have to look up the exact date. I think it was in September.

Edit: It was in 2002, on 16 September.

I corrected my original description above there and I still can't get my descrption straight. :der: I know there is another photo somewhere, I just can't remember where, but this photo is actually from before Lovetown, rehearsal before the Smile Jamaica concert, London Oct. 1988. The photo is in U2 & i and there is one other photo of the rehearsal, a silhouette of Adam. And now I am going to shut up about this photo. :grumpy:

In U2 & I there is also a photo of Bono and Edge with Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood. I think that picture is from summer '90, which would make it one of the very few pictures from that period. The reason I think that is that it is known that U2 visited a Stones gig in August '90 in Turin to see the stage technology that the Stones used. Also Edge looks like he did early in the Achtung Baby recording sessions; Long hair with the sideburns shaved off. Anyone have that one?

^That must be the pic I have been thinking of though I don't know... are you sure it's in U2 & i because I don't see it there.

Yes it is. It is a small picture, in the section of lovetown, on page 213 inmy dutch version of U2 & I. It is mentioned as being from '89. That can't be right since the stones tour was in the US from end of August '89 till early 1990. U2 were in either Australia or Europe during that time. So the picture must from the aforementioned 28-07-1990 concert that U2 U2 visited which I believe was also filmed for a concert movie.

Ok wow, definitely not on page 213 of my version. What other pictures are shown with it? I did not know there were different pictures in different versions of the book. Unless I have it and I'm being really blind, but it's definitely not on that page for me.

There's the four of them, cannot scan the page right now. Bono's wearing a red singlet, Edge's wearing the singlet we've seen on the AB booklet pictures from Santa Cruz. It's just before the Chapter about Achtung Baby starts; in fact I've seen the picture before on this forum..

OH HANG ON! It's on page 213 of U2 By U2!! Not U2 & i :lol: No wonder you had me confused. :D
Ok yes I believe I know the pic now. I'll post it later if no one else does :wave:

:lol: I know!!! I haven't found the pic in my files so looks like I'll need to scan it... I'll do it tonight. hang on!

i hate when Bono does that bend down whenever he's standing next to someone who is taller that him. Always contorting his body to create the optical illusional of height. It just brings more attention to the fact.

I guess it's a natural reflex. Remember when people here would get annoyed because he was always holding his jacket closed? I'm not even sure he's aware of this stuff.

Bono and his physical insufficiencies. :cute:

Back
Top Bottom