PGP working Pro Bono for the boys - Happy 50th Birthday B

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would apologize for not being around but my son and I rode bikes to the library and then to Walgreens to get green hair dye for "Crazy Hair Day" at school tomorrow. Way more fun that being online - sorry girls! :hug: :heart:

1) I loved crazy hair day!
We also had crazy hat day....I won once! :hyper: I was so darn proud.

2) f*ck f*ck f*ck f*ck
I have to vent somewhere, sowwie girls. :reject:
Essentially, after being sick this weekend (thus squashing any plans) boi has been wrangled, guilted and forced into all this shit for the rest of the week by his family...basically coming thisclose to killing any further oppertunities I have to see him before he leaves again. How the fuck is this fair? At all. It's not. I am a sad sad little pleban. :sad:

Sooo...after 100+ days, I got him for about 6 hours, and then I get to wait another 100+ days? Awesome! :happy:

What's worse, is I totally knew something like this would end up happening.

Life sucks.
:sigh:

</self pity party>

Bri!!!! :kiss :

OK, so this was my weekend:

Friday night-took my mom out for her 60th birthday to a local pub(her choice, she wanted to go there). Had dinner, watched karaoke, got insanely drunk. We were given 2 bottles of free wine. I get a call from my boss(while I'm plastered) asking if I wanna come in and work Saturday. I say sure. Go home, pass out in bed.

Saturday-wake up with extreme hangover and I go down to my former job to get my paycheck. My mom came with me. I go in and ask for my paycheck. The fucker doesn't even come out and gives the check to the hostess. : | Now he told me I had to come back because he needed to include this weeks wages. Um, they weren't there. I go back there, and tell him that. He's like, "Oh yeah, you can come back and get your check Monday with the rest of your wages." So I asked him that not only does he fire me, he makes me come down again to get my check and tells me that I'm going to have to make another trip? He said he'd be happy to mail it to me. :rolleyes: Before I left, I asked him to name specific reasons/incidents that led to me being fired. He said I just wasn't a team player. I said to him, "Why don't you call my boss at Outback and ask him what he thinks of me? Within 3 hours of you firing me, he hired me back. I'm working tonight. I must be a really bad team player then." He didn't know what to say to that. :lo l :

I went to work. It was nowhere near as awkward as I thought it would be. I didn't tell anyone except my boss that I got fired. I just said things didn't work out. I don't need that shit getting around there. And he gave me his word he wouldn't tell anyone, not even my manager. :up: It was a good night back. But in Boston, there was a water main break that affected my town and the town I work in. So we couldn't serve water or ice to our guests due to possible contamination. This is still going on. It made for a fun first night back. :lol:

Happy belated birthday to DG's mom! :) Sounds like a fun night. Free booze. :up:

So glad you got to tell that jerk about how you're valued at The Outback. And I'm really glad that things went well for your return there. :hug:

1) I loved crazy hair day!
We also had crazy hat day....I won once! :hyper: I was so darn proud.

2) f*ck f*ck f*ck f*ck
I have to vent somewhere, sowwie girls. :reject :
Essentially, after being sick this weekend (thus squashing any plans) boi has been wrangled, guilted and forced into all this shit for the rest of the week by his family...basically coming thisclose to killing any further oppertunities I have to see him before he leaves again. How the fuck is this fair? At all. It's not. I am a sad sad little pleban. :sad :

Sooo...after 100+ days, I got him for about 6 hours, and then I get to wait another 100+ days? Awesome! :happy :

What's worse, is I totally knew something like this would end up happening.

Life sucks.
:sigh:

</self pity party>

Oh no, that sucks! :( :hug: He has no free time at all this week? Not even for a late night rendezvous of some sort? :shifty: Has he thought of trying to transfer to a school here after a few terms there? Or is that not something you can do in med school?

I need to vent, too. I think he called me last night. I'm SO beyond angry. My phone rang at 11:45 last night, and it came up as Private Caller on my caller id, and he's the only one who calls here that comes up like that. And who else would be calling at that time of the night? He let it ring till just before it went to voice mail, and then he hung up. How fucking dare he wait for nearly 5 months, when I'm finally over him, to start calling again?? Our last communication should have been a clear indication that I don't want to hear from him. The last time we talked was brutal, but I guess he should be congratulated for finally killing any feelings I had left for him - not an easy task. Well done, asshat. Ugh. Fucker.

I'm home (mostly) for the next two days, to get caught up on my own stuff. Then I'm busy again through till next week. My niece is holding a benefit dance this weekend to raise money for this marathon she's doing in the Cayman Islands for the Arthritis Society, in honour of her mom (my sister). The entry fee is $6,000, and I think she'll probably surpass that - this dance is going to be HUGE. She's sold way more tickets than the facility will hold, and so many businesses have donated a ton of stuff to run it, from food to door prizes and stuff to be raffled. I'm so proud of her. :) Anyway, I said I'd help with last minute things they need to do to get ready.

Rage.

Fury.

Irritation.

I've been working my ass off at this job for the past two months. And I was busy on orientation day, you know, working. Lex, king of looking busy when someone important's around, was screwing around, until one of the trainers lost his voice, so Lex took over and impressed the Operations Manager, Prebe. Prebe made mention of making Lex a team leader. After one orientation class. :angry: And when I asked why the hell not me? Lex replied, "They don't care about you. You have boobs." I almost stabbed him in the balls right that second. I don't care if he was joking, that pissed me off.

But I just learned that Lex isn't going to be promoted and my coworkers have been putting in a good word for me to be promoted to Team Lead, should a spot open up. The words "rock" and "on" come to mind. :rockon:

Yeah, that's coming up soon! Just over a month until the Seattle show. :drool:

Ooh - is that still causing problems?! :angry: Stupid volcano.

My day has been fairly good. Just running around and getting lots of small stuff taken care of. Tomorrow we're FINALLY having a birthday lunch for me at work. :lol: Knock on wood that nothing happens, as this party has been postponed a couple of times already.

Fingers crossed, Thora! HBD, btw, if I didn't wish you one before.

I'm hobnobbing with the managers today. More people are coming to realise how indispensable I am. I like that.

busy at work :crack:

Just counting down the days to Toronto :love:

Hoping that bloody volcano shuts up :angry:
I noticed it belched ash again. Is it still active?

ETA:
_47770761_forecast_4may_am_226.gif
Wow. The plume and the coastal currents are hovering right over Ireland & The UK. That blows.

Fingers crossed, Thora! HBD, btw, if I didn't wish you one before.

I'm hobnobbing with the managers today. More people are coming to realise how indispensable I am. I like that.

I can't remember, since it was a month ago, but thank you! :) I'm looking forward to the meal. :drool:

Being indispensable rocks! :hi5: I've tried to make myself like that at work too. Definitely beneficial.

Hi Jess :drool:

i'm glad people are noticing you & your talents :up:

my boys know they're lost without me even if management don't :love:

i mean like today i helped the boys input (they should do 50 an hour i did 101 ) they were in ore :sexywink: , did they bosses say thanks?? no they didn't :rolleyes:

Hi Jess :drool:

i'm glad people are noticing you & your talents :up:

my boys know they're lost without me even if management don't :love:

i mean like today i helped the boys input (they should do 50 an hour i did 101 ) they were in ore :sexywink: , did they bosses say thanks?? no they didn't :rolleyes:
Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiild :combust: (<--I haven't used this smiley in ages. Probably becuase I haven't seen you in ages :flirt:)

Me too. Getting EOM was one thing, but I've kept working my butt off so my boss says I can keep the parking pass until she decides she wants it back. :cabbagepatch: They're all fascinated by my photographic memory. Cause even if they doubt its accuracy a little, when they go to look things up, I'm 999-point-999 times out of a million right. (Had to quote Hans Landa there. :giggle:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom