PGP: Wishing Bono would lift those damn big hands

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wish I had my childhood Barbies, but alas, my mom turned them into garage sale fodder after I moved out. I have bought myself a few dolls over the last couple of years, mostly because it never really gets old. I think I've got about 6 of them on display on a shelf. :reject:

:up: I have a weakness for dolls from movies and stuff. I have Obi-wan, Snape, Dexter, Bilbo Baggins, Ed Grimley, Luke Skywalker, Elvis, and more dolls. (Although a few are more like action figures, many are full on with fabric clothing dolls. Not to mention I have a TUF Bono porcelain doll with fabric clothes, and a Vertigo Bono knit doll. :reject:

:love:

MirrorBallManMacphistoKens.jpg

And now that I just spent half my day playing with my Bono dolls :shifty:, I have work to do. :reject:

:giggle:

:up: I have a weakness for dolls from movies and stuff. I have Obi-wan, Snape, Dexter, Bilbo Baggins, Ed Grimley, Luke Skywalker, Elvis, and more dolls. (Although a few are more like action figures, many are full on with fabric clothing dolls. Not to mention I have a TUF Bono porcelain doll with fabric clothes, and a Vertigo Bono knit doll. :reject:

At least yours are cool and somewhat real. :reject: I have quite a collection of stuffed animals and stuffed anime characters like a foot tall Yoshi and some pokemon.. and I've a few Mario and Zelda figurines. Speaking of nerdage..

Pics of the other dolls please! :D

I hope your headache goes away thora!

Here's the vertigo larry bono spank

Larry Smacks Bono - Vertigo Tour on Vimeo

Aw, Larry... you're so cute :love:

Omg , thats right before he pulled op that girl that was all grabby and way out of the line.

Bono almost threw her off the satge after trying it gently first.
Now I understand why Larry glared so much at her.

"Thats my territory girl... GTFO" :lmao:
:lol:

:cute:

It just for a semester. Then I lived on wieners. Yes, laugh it up. No, I was not a call girl. They were cheap. You could get 2 for 2.50.
:ohmy:

:shifty: Don't you think you should've been paid for that?
:up:

Comet, those are freaking awesome.

I have a weakness for dolls from movies and stuff. I have Obi-wan, Snape, Dexter, Bilbo Baggins, Ed Grimley, Luke Skywalker, Elvis, and more dolls. (Although a few are more like action figures, many are full on with fabric clothing dolls. Not to mention I have a TUF Bono porcelain doll with fabric clothes, and a Vertigo Bono knit doll. :reject:

I have a talking Yoda, three Jack Skellingtons (one is a Santa Jack!), two Sallys, and an Oogie Boogie. :reject:

I gtg , new internship starts damn early tomorrow, hope I feel better than the last 2 days. :yawn::wave: Bye all :hug:

Time to hit the sack :yawn:

Damn Domo, I told you to wait five minutes till after I annouced I was leaving. This is gonna be so suspicious! :grumpy:

:shifty: G'nite ladies!

Weird, there always seems to be these The Who vs. Led Zeppelin arguments amongst music fans. I fell in love with Zeppelin in the late teens/early 20s and bought their entire catalogue. Now, I can barely stand to listen to them, they bore the shit out of me. :reject: I guess I fall firmly on The Who side of things, now.

:lol:

My sis and one of her even longer time friends (partner/husband to
our dear friend Bren who died 2 yrs ago) used to argue with each
other in JHS Who ((sis) vs Zep (him)! I had no Zep loving friends.
While I liked a few songs of theirs ( i bought 1 album)-- i often found
them too "bombastic"....

To me there was a wonderful subtlety in The Who's music/singing that Zep often failed to match, which made Zep boring to me over time.

Later Dazzled! :hug: Nice to see you for more than a hello!
Yes, yay! :hug:

I remember In Through The Out Door. I was just a kid, if I'm not mistaken it was the only Zeppelin release I was actually old enough to buy on my own when it was released (and that was it for them, right?)...I bought the album. I liked this guy, who told me that the inner sleeve was one of those moisten and paint things, where if you moistened it, it would...well, paint. And then he wet his finger with saliva to show me. I was PISSED that he did that to my pristine album and "ruined" it. Not much has changed over the years, I'm still music obsessive and protective of my music. :lol:

Oh,no! :lol: if I was not yet "swapping saliva" with the guy my reaction would have def been "eeww"!

If you ever get a chance to watch The Who live (on video, I mean...although live live is even better), do so. For me, the top three bands with the ability to hold a large live audience in the palm of their hands are U2, Queen, and The Who.

U2, :shifty: Queen, :lol: and The Who, Springsteen (preferably w The E St band but his shows with the other band were fantastic , too!)

U2 LIVE were one of the 3 major reasons as I told you previously about my mom when I said to her aftershe had asked if U2 were as good as The Who (and in my case Springsteen).... I said... "oh yes"!

And :giggle: if you ever have/do find any of Bruces's song writing lyrics & melodies/ singing appealing I'd say to you that you have to
see him with band LIVE to truly get him! *runs awayyyyyy lol'ing* :wink:

I'm just not a big Queen fan, but I can see why you say that, VP!

The Who are a big influence on some punk music, Katie.
U2 sited The Who in a 1980 interview as a major influence in writing music with contrasting parts in different songs and within songs; writing melodies/arrangement & singing- softer & louder, more gentle and intense.
Bono's quote was something like "power is only seen in contrast".

It's another reason I became even more interested in u2 back then, when I was majorly following other bands from the NY & NJ scenes. :)

Oh I've got talking Yoda too. Also my Ed Grimley and Obi-Wan Kenobi talk too. :hmm:

Popculturegeekshelf1.jpg

Yes i am a nerd. :reject:

If I posted my shelves, you'd all think I was about 12 yrs old. :reject: I've got Barbies, Neopets plushies, My Little Ponies, and a few random stuffed animals as well as some McDs toys.

OH. And I'm taking a survey for product feedback...no joke, this is what part of it said: "Please provide your first and last name in the spaces below. If you would prefer not to give your name, simply use any name you like. " :hmm: Should I post Mrs. Clayton?

:ohmy: Wow. The TUF Bono one is very good, it actually looks like him!

It's so cute! Super detailed too. His little boots are leather and even have those straps on them like his had. :cute:

And Tara I KNOW I loved Lorne. Was so freaking sad when Andy Hallet passed away. :sad:

One of my fave dolls though must be the Bilbo Baggins. He looks just like Ian Holme. :lol:

That's just one of my shelves. :reject:

Ok I MUST go. :wave:

Yes, CK. Do it.

:wave::wave::wave:

hi comet, domo-k, CK, tara, val .......
Hi Dazz!

It's so cute! Super detailed too. His little boots are leather and even have those straps on them like his had. :cute:

And Tara I KNOW I loved Lorne. Was so freaking sad when Andy Hallet passed away. :sad:

One of my fave dolls though must be the Bilbo Baggins. He looks just like Ian Holme. :lol:

That's just one of my shelves. :reject:

Ok I MUST go. :wave:

It was so sad! I had heard he was getting better, and then the news came that he died... :sad:

See ya! :wave:

:applaud:

great dool shelf comet!

i see you have a ? Red Rocks bono or a bit earlier? Look at those boots! :heart:

is that young Kenobi in the jedi robes?

OMG there was a Jedi vs Sith Light-saber battle in Washington Sq park last Sat! It was fun! I was in audience while friend ran out and bought a saber to join in! :D

the MacPhisto and ? Elivs Bono's are great too!

I spy and edge doll too! You need a Zoo-TV Edge doll, too! :lol:

If I had had scads of money I would have loved the cast dolls of Babylon 5!
And their :drool: spaceships, too!

I once saw an incredible Obi-wan, Qui-gon & what ever Paply's Sith apprentice was before Darth ( the red & black painted face guy with the double light-saber) 12" models duel set! I would have bought that, too, if I'd had a 6 figure income!

great dool shelf comet!

i see you have a ? Red Rocks bono or a bit earlier? Look at those boots! :heart:

OMG there was a Jedi vs Sith Light-saber battle in Washington Sq park last Sat! It was fun! I was in audience while friend ran out and bought a saber to join in! :D

I once saw an incredible Obi-wan, Qui-gon & what ever Paply's Sith apprentice was before Darth ( the red & black painted face guy with the double light-saber) 12" models duel set! I would have bought that, too, if I'd had a 6 figure income!

great dool shelf comet!

*doesn't have an Edge doll, but wants one. :( *

You might be looking at Kip from Napolean Dynamite. :giggle: he talks too.

"Peace out."

Back
Top Bottom