PGP...we've got to be seen to be believed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, here is a crappy picture, but you can kinda get the idea. It's a very small island near Vancouver, and it's the one right under the town name Gibsons. Keats Island is the name.

02.gif

ThoraSEB said:
Okay, here is a crappy picture, but you can kinda get the idea. It's a very small island near Vancouver, and it's the one right under the town name Gibsons. Keats Island is the name.

02.gif

:)

i'll try to go to google map this week and see if i can get an ariel {satilite}view!

prob quite different from living in Manhatan!

My sis loved staying in Vancouver.

dazz - sorry to hear about the latest with your mom :hug: I hope she gets the help she needs. That does sound like a tricky situation :(

dazz - it's a very small island, so good luck finding it! :lol: In my version of Google Earth, it doesn't even find it. You have to search for Gibsons first to even get close. :lol:

kafrun said:
Thora - I've never been out there. I've only been to Langley :scratch: It must be beautiful :yes:

You've been to Langley?! What were you doing there?! I ask because I live just outside of Langley actually. :lmao: I always say I'm from Vancouver, because nobody outside of the area will have ever heard of it.

And yes, it's very beautiful! :D

You do?? Hahaha, it was yeeeears ago. I was 17 and visiting my best friend who was living out there at the time. We got into all kinds of trouble. Like, errrr, staying out late at the local coffee shop :no::shame: We were heathens :p

It is so gorgeous out there, all those mountains. You're so lucky :love:

:lmao: :lmao:

Oooooooooh, Kaf you are JUST TOO GOOD with your CAPS!!!!!!

just saw the NEW PAGE....the B & crowd of mikes & cameras and THEN Bono & Edge Busking in Las Vages :lmao: :lmao:

you have a way with those boys!!!! :giggle:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

and :hug: thanks for looking :sigh:

my scedual changes big time in sept...{out particular rehab program myself}, so I might me able to increase my visits to once a week instead of once every 2- 3 weeks {i try for 2x's a month, but i'm often on the phone 2 -3 x's aweek with her}.

She's nearly on the border of Bronx/ ?weschester or Yonkers I always forget.........
I'm in Brooklym a bit further in than the end of "downtown" Brooklyn...
it's at least 2 subways usually and a bus and a half mile walk......so visiting both my folks and the travel makes it a 6 -7 hoursometimes more "day" of it.

but perhaps coming by more often as she adjusts to the new floor might be a good thing. we'll see.

Last edited:
kafrun said:
You do?? Hahaha, it was yeeeears ago. I was 17 and visiting my best friend who was living out there at the time. We got into all kinds of trouble. Like, errrr, staying out late at the local coffee shop :no::shame: We were heathens :p

It is so gorgeous out there, all those mountains. You're so lucky :love:

That's so awesome! :lmao: I always get so surprised whenever I hear that someone has been to Langley. It's such an obscure place. :lol:

Dazz - Thankya, hun :D I love caption-ing. Much more straight-forward than fics :madwife:

Let's hope all goes well with your mom's new situation :yes: Hopefully her therapy can do something for her. I wish I could offer you more advice, but it's hard to do without being able to personally assess her. Sounds like her doctors are on the right track though :)

ThoraSEB said:
dazz - it's a very small island, so good luck finding it! :lol: In my version of Google Earth, it doesn't even find it. You have to search for Gibsons first to even get close. :lol:

:giggle:

I'll take my magnifier with me.

person: dazz, WHY are you holding up a mignifier to the puter screen?
dazz: I'm looking for a teeny, tiny island!

kafrun said:
Dazz - Thankya, hun :D I love caption-ing. Much more straight-forward than fics :madwife:

Let's hope all goes well with your mom's new situation :yes: Hopefully her therapy can do something for her. I wish I could offer you more advice, but it's hard to do without being able to personally assess her. Sounds like her doctors are on the right track though :)

:hug:

don't worry, i wouldn't press you.....since - of course- you have no f2f or even detailed records

My sis doesn't know which ligaments are busted.......she's not good with too much medicaal stuff....
she didn't know - i think- that ligaments were even invovled.........
I'm the one who can usually grit my teeth and bare it, when things have needed doing emergency wise/ at ER with either parent.......

but she handles Other stuff related to our folks which 'phew" thsank GOODNESS she's there for! :heart: sis.

dazzledbylight said:

My sis doesn't know which ligaments are busted.......she's not good with too much medicaal stuff....
she didn't know - i think- that ligaments were even invovled.........
I'm the one who can usually grit my teeth and bare it, when things have needed doing emergency wise/ at ER with either parent.......

but she handles Other stuff related to our folks which 'phew" thsank GOODNESS she's there for! :heart: sis.
If it's a dislocation, the ligaments are definitely involved. Due to her osteoporosis and arthritis, it sounds like there's all kinds of other things complicating it too :( But I'm sure she has a team of good people around her :yes:

actaully sometimes the medical care vs some of the other good stuff is not always as good as it should/could? be. but we'll be keeping a close set of eyes on this..........

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>....

OMG I hadn't seen THAT :drool: :drool: particular photo from The Brooklyn Vertigo GIG!!!

gota go see you soon!

I was at that gig!
:drool:

dazzledbylight said:
actaully sometimes the medical care vs some of the other good stuff is not always as good as it should/could? be. but we'll be keeping a close set of eyes on this..........
I'm not sure exactly what you mean :confused: Yes, sometimes any of the health care that's available is not as good as it could be. It's a matter of finding the right people :yes:

Anyhoo, talk to you later :hug: Take care..

Well, I'm gonna take off for a bit now. I gotta finish up some laundry and do the dishes, and I know if I continue to just sit in front of my computer, it's not gonna get done tonight. :lol:

I'll probably be back in a coupla hours. :hug: :hug:

See ya around Thora :hug:

I'll probably be in and out a bit too tonight :) I'll just be home, puttering about tonight. :wave: Later, thread.

Hi guys :wave:

Am catching up and have the Sao Paulo bootleg on pause right after the first song, as there's no way I'll catch up if that's on at the same time :lol:

:adam: :drool:

*goes back to catching up*

Back
Top Bottom