PGP...we've got to be seen to be believed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:hmm: What was I doing in the 80's? Graduated HS, worked...got a community colldge degree...worked, some more. Pregnant, got married, raised a kid. It was a fairly busy time for me. :wink:

Sad_Girl said:

Great minds think alike :wink:

But of course!

Oh my gosh, my mom just called to tell me that her and my dad just got out of watching Pirates. :lmao: She is such a dork! :love: She loved Johnny so much she wants to see it again right now. :lmao:

Sad_Girl said:
VP I hope you know I'm just teasing :hug: :lol:

I know. :hug: It's just funny to look back. Maybe you are all young enough to think your lives are on a path....but to look over time and see how we meander... it's kind cool. :)

I feel like I'm 21 or 22 again! All these possibilities open to me that weren't back then, due to life circumstances. It's scary but kinda cool. :)

Sad_Girl said:
Is anyone here the least bit interested in the Chinese Zodiac?

I'm interested in horsocopes/astrology in particular....have learned/researched a lot about it in the past month or two actually...but don't know that much other than I'm a snake...why?

ThoraSEB said:

Yes, I'm interested in that. :)

Drea - I love your running commentary on the DVD! :lol:

Well dammit the rest of my family's asleep (which is the reason I'm down here watching it on the bigish screen tv :wink: ) and they wouldn't appreciate it anyway :giggle:

I've only just started looking into it - it's my newest pet project I guess :lol:

I have just been surprised by some of the predicitons made and beliefs revolving around the year of a persons birth

For Example - I was born in the year of the Dragon ( :cool: )

and people born under the Dragon are said to be very creative, a bit loud-mouthed ( :reject: ) and well, effectively, obsessive :lol:

That's cool, SG! I like reading about those kinds of things. I don't know too much about the Chinese Zodiac, but I do know that I was born in the year of the Monkey. :lol: That alone could explain a lot. :wink:

People who put a lot of stock in to Chinese astrology will alter their lives around it - for example parents who are expecting a baby right around the new year may have labor induced to have the baby born in the year of the Horse because they are said to be Hard Workers or to Avoid being born under the year of the goat because they are said to be very stubborn

:giggle: Whoever was doing the Spanish (or is Portugese in Brazil?) subtitles clearly had the original lyrics for all the songs.. It's most obvious right now on Miss Sarajevo.. (the "is there a time for B17" line ;))

SG - what year is 1971? I know I've seen what animal that is, but I can't remember...

*fastforwards through Declaration of Human Rights*

Oh cool - Streets is just starting.. and it's all Latin American flags (with multiple Brazil ones *g*)

SG - and boars are what? Stubborn, bad tempered and nasty? :wink:

Sad_Girl said:
VP - The Snake would be most content as a teacher, philosopher, writer, or psychiatrist :ohmy:

I know, it's insane. Anything I look at having to do with astrology has me pinned as one of the medical/helping jobs, or as psychicatry/psychology/researcher.

Which, I thought I'd hate research, but now that I'm in the thick of it, it appeals to my methodical nature.

If you have a real interest in astrology, I have some amazing urls for you. :wink:

Drea said:
Hey VP - in October Elevation's playing Healey's, doing their Classic Albums thing... not only are they playing JT from beginning to end...

...they're playing POP!!!!! :faint:
:hyper:

< Rooster :shifty:

The weird thing is, I tend to discount occurrances of the supernatural nature. Scoff at them, actually. But astrology is different for me. I feel like such a geek for admitting this, but I'm interested. :reject:

Drea a child born in the year of the Boar is a splendid companion, an intellectual with a very strong need to set difficult goals and carry them out. You are sincere, tolerant, and honest but by expecting the same from others, you are incredibly naive.

and Thora: a child born in the year of the monkey is very intelligent and has a very clever wit. Because of your extraordinary nature and magnetic personality, you are always well-liked
this sign promises success in any field they try

VintagePunk said:
The weird thing is, I tend to discount occurrances of the supernatural nature. Scoff at them, actually. But astrology is different for me. I feel like such a geek for admitting this, but I'm interested. :reject:

There's nothing wrong with that at all! it's a very old, very in-depth tradition :yes: If only for those reasons, it's fascinating

and yes, I am definitley interested in learning more about astrology :yes:

Hi Kafrun! :hug:

rooster: You are a dreamer, flashy dresser, and extravagant to an extreme; a hard worker; shrewd and definite in decision making

Sad_Girl said:
and Thora: a child born in the year of the monkey is very intelligent and has a very clever wit. Because of your extraordinary nature and magnetic personality, you are always well-liked
this sign promises success in any field they try

Ooh - I'm extraordinary! :wink:

Sad_Girl said:
Hi Kafrun! :hug:

rooster: You are a dreamer, flashy dresser, and extravagant to an extreme; a hard worker; shrewd and definite in decision making
Oh no, that is all wrong :tsk: *flings a feather boa around her neck* ALL wrong. Now someone bring me a new boa. This one doesn't look expensive enough :madwife:

:eeklaugh: :wink: Hi ladies :hug:

Back
Top Bottom