PGP: We're Hatching Some Plots & Scheming Some Schemes To Meet POur U2 Boys On Tour!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aw, me too. :hug: :hug: But if it's delayed, hopefully it'll be rescheduled for next spring/summer, and we can do it then??

I'm most concerned for you girls who have put time and money into making travel plans, I'd really hate to see that in jeopardy for you. But, on the bright side, if it was delayed, Sarah's leg would be healed and we could make Chicago.

Another factor is, when someone graduates with a BA in the liberal arts or social sciences, there's really not a ton you can do with it that will earn you much money. These days, most people end up in an entry level job that has nothing to do with their degree. So, unless you're planning on going to grad school, there's not much hope at getting a job in most of those fields, or making much money anyway.

Ya I thought about that too. After a lot of research over these past few weeks and talking with you guys and my mom, I decided I'm gonna go for it. I've always wanted to work in the Tourism industry and I'm gonna do just that :D Gonna make an appointment to talk to an academic advisor at the college for hopefully next week.

Aw, me too. :hug: :hug: But if it's delayed, hopefully it'll be rescheduled for next spring/summer, and we can do it then??

I'm most concerned for you girls who have put time and money into making travel plans, I'd really hate to see that in jeopardy for you. But, on the bright side, if it was delayed, Sarah's leg would be healed and we could make Chicago.

That's my thinking too :yes:

Uh I don't even wanna think about the money I would lose on flights and hotels :crack:

I'm hoping for the best, and for Bono's recovery most importantly

That's my thinking too :yes:

If they have to make up any more than a date or two, I don't see any other way of doing it. Stadiums will already be booked for sports this fall.

I'm trying to think positively about her leg, and how we're going to manage, but it's taking so damn long to get better. I'm getting worried about it.

But, like I said, the number of people who have spent money on travel trumps one person's leg, so I really hope for the best for you and all the rest of the fans. If we have to miss (a) show/s, oh well, we'll make it up next tour. :)

Uh I don't even wanna think about the money I would lose on flights and hotels :crack:

I'm hoping for the best, and for Bono's recovery most importantly

:hug: You're flying Porter, right? What's their policy on cancellation and rebooking?

If they have to make up any more than a date or two, I don't see any other way of doing it. Stadiums will already be booked for sports this fall.

I'm trying to think positively about her leg, and how we're going to manage, but it's taking so damn long to get better. I'm getting worried about it.

But, like I said, the number of people who have spent money on travel trumps one person's leg, so I really hope for the best for you and all the rest of the fans. If we have to miss (a) show/s, oh well, we'll make it up next tour. :)

:hug: You're flying Porter, right? What's their policy on cancellation and rebooking?

I'm driving to Minneapolis, flying Air Canada to Toronto, and flying Porter to Montreal. Not sure what the refund/credit situation is like. Not gonna look into it until they tell us what the for sure tour plans are.

My hotel money is gone though because I booked with Hotwire and they don't give refunds.

I'm getting worried about it.

Not worried about her leg, I know it'll be better eventually. Worried about her ability to do GA. When she starts therapy next week, it'll be nearly 11 weeks since she's walked, and less than 5 weeks before the TO show. I don't think that's going to be enough time to go from crutches and a cast to being able to stand for hours at a time.

I'm driving to Minneapolis, flying Air Canada to Toronto, and flying Porter to Montreal. Not sure what the refund/credit situation is like. Not gonna look into it until they tell us what the for sure tour plans are.

My hotel money is gone though because I booked with Hotwire and they don't give refunds.

Oh no, that sucks. :( No refunds or credits for future hotel stays at all? :( I was looking at Priceline the other night, and I think they give refunds?

Same here re flights

But i booked hotels where we pay when we check in and don't lose any money so that's one good thing .

If i cant change flights and have to use them, i'll still be over no point wasting £900 :no:

Might see if i can crash on VP & Drea's floor though save on hotel bills :lol:

Same here re flights

But i booked hotels where we pay when we check in and don't lose any money so that's one good thing .

If i cant change flights and have to use them, i'll still be over no point wasting £900 :no:

Might see if i can crash on VP & Drea's floor though save on hotel bills :lol:

Omg, you'd be coated in so much cat hair from my floor, I'd have to take you to see a vet. :lmao:

Not worried about her leg, I know it'll be better eventually. Worried about her ability to do GA. When she starts therapy next week, it'll be nearly 11 weeks since she's walked, and less than 5 weeks before the TO show. I don't think that's going to be enough time to go from crutches and a cast to being able to stand for hours at a time.

If the gigs go ahead , will you just do the soundboard?

Yeah that sucks for you & Sarah :hug:

If the gigs go ahead , will you just do the soundboard?

Yeah that sucks for you & Sarah :hug:

Yeah, I think for TO, that's what we'll do. As it gets closer, I can't see Chicago being feasible at all. :( You remember what we had to do last time, right? Go home Sunday and leave again Sun night with no sleep...even if it's remarkably better, I don't think she'll be up for that. Gonna wait till she starts therapy to make a final decision, though.

I've been looking at Montreal more seriously lately, given that it's a few weeks later. I got all excited the other night, thought I'd found a *really* cheap hotel, but it turns out that it's in the one area of downtown Montreal that people say you should avoid, it's pimp-prostitute-drug dealer central, apparently. :( Since I'd rather not get knifed, I don't know what to do now, because we'll have to go cheap.

I was thinking last i knew his Irish home was being worked on so they were living in New York

I presume he'll beheading for Eze :shrug:

Maybe i'll swap my flights to France :lol:

Someone needs to tell him about the health benefits of recuperating in the southern hemisphere... except that it's winter here. Stoopid seasons...

Ya I thought about that too. After a lot of research over these past few weeks and talking with you guys and my mom, I decided I'm gonna go for it. I've always wanted to work in the Tourism industry and I'm gonna do just that :D Gonna make an appointment to talk to an academic advisor at the college for hopefully next week.

Would you be going to Confed or somewhere else? (Having done both Lakehead and Confederation, they're both good and go for it if it's what you want :))

Trust me, this is something I've always had in the back of my mind, even while I was sitting in my poli sci courses.

Sorry if this is repeating things, but I agree with what Zooey said... I don't think there's any shame in changing to a shorter course that you like more and has more job opportunities. I also agree that you shouldn't think of the two years you've done PolSci as a waste, you've still got that education and experience. I spent four years doing a geology degree, and I never used that, I never went into the field. Admittedly, I didn't have to pay the fees (thank you, parents! :heart: ), but I don't regret spending the time on it. I enjoyed the course, exams aside, and I met some cool people who I am still (sort of) in touch with.

I don't know what sort of career I would enjoy, so I figure I'm stuck in the electricity industry since this is where I ended up. *L* I think you sound like you have much better prospects than I do, you have a career in mind that you want, and it sounds like you can make that happen for yourself. Try not to get bogged down by any stigmas attached to "dropping out" of uni or doing that Tourism course. (I dropped out of doing a Masters in Palaeontology, but not until I'd made myself miserable for a year because I couldn't get interested in dead molluscs.) Best of luck with it all! :hug:

SO I see that Bono's got a top flight Socer Sports doctor.

That's good to know, some who really understands a very active person...
yet hopefully will REMIND him to slow down to heal better if ncessary, than charge full steam ahead and risk worse thngs down the line/ days/weeks/months :|

Thanks Ali. :hug: Nice to see you around these parts! How have you been? :)

Not too shabby, most exciting thing to happen to me lately is that I went shopping on Friday night and bought some clothes that weren't grey or black. *L*

Oh, I did go to a public lecture about astronomy at my old uni the other night, that was pretty cool. It was aimed at a general audience, but still some things I didn't know. :up:
It's always fun to freak yourself out trying to grasp how big the universe is :lol:

Back
Top Bottom