PGP - U2 rules our school!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
daygloeyes2 said:

Yummy. :drool:

I hope I can still eat the stuff there. :uhoh:

Of course you can! :) Other than sugary stuff, you need to be aware of fruits and certain vegetables, and how they'll affect your blood sugar. At the beginning a lot of it's trial and error, but you'll get used to it. :)

VintagePunk said:

Of course you can! :) Other than sugary stuff, you need to be aware of fruits and certain vegetables, and how they'll affect your blood sugar. At the beginning a lot of it's trial and error, but you'll get used to it. :)

I think most veggies are OK. And on the diabetic menus they gave me to order my food it included fruit so I think most fruits are OK too. :shrug:

sami0201 said:

:lmao:

A Jewish New Yorker eating bagels! :lol: Who would have guessed? :wink:

Oi vey! :lmao:

:wink:

My mother was brought up Jewish, but is non-practicing. And my dad is Catholic. But they've always let me choose what I want to do spiritually.

Yes, fruits are okay, it's just the amounts, and maybe when you have them?? And i remember with my dad, the only vegetables were ones with high sugar content. I think carrots were one.

There are very few things you have to give up entirely. It's all about moderation.

VintagePunk said:
Yes, fruits are okay, it's just the amounts, and maybe when you have them?? And i remember with my dad, the only vegetables were ones with high sugar content. I think carrots were one.

There are very few things you have to give up entirely. It's all about moderation.

:yes: It's all about portion control, really.

The diet isn't even what is the hardest part about this. I've been eating healthy since last summer, so I'm used to it. It's just the whole structure, and having to give myself shots, and everything else that's tough.

Anyone here remember Lauryn Hill? She came out with a brilliant album back in '98 I think, won a few Grammy's, then dissappeared? One of her songs just came on the radio. :love:

daygloeyes2 said:

Oi vey! :lmao:

:wink:

My mother was brought up Jewish, but is non-practicing. And my dad is Catholic. But they've always let me choose what I want to do spiritually.

:lol:

Yeah, we don't belong to a temple or anything. None of us have had bar-mitzvah's and stuff either. We only "celebrate" the major holidays. :reject: :laugh:

sami0201 said:

:lol:

Yeah, we don't belong to a temple or anything. None of us have had bar-mitzvah's and stuff either. We only "celebrate" the major holidays. :reject: :laugh:

When my mother did celebrate when we were younger, she got an electric menorah at Hannukah(sp?). :lmao:

daygloeyes2 said:

:yes: It's all about portion control, really.

The diet isn't even what is the hardest part about this. I've been eating healthy since last summer, so I'm used to it. It's just the whole structure, and having to give myself shots, and everything else that's tough.

How often are your shots? And how many times a day do you have to test? I think my dad was testing 4 times a day, and his meds were twice.

VintagePunk said:

How often are your shots? And how many times a day do you have to test? I think my dad was testing 4 times a day, and his meds were twice.

I have to test 4 times a day and take shots 3 times a day: once before breakfast, once before dinner, and once before bed.

WildHoney said:

Do you think if you were seeing him in the flesh soon, that would change??

I always tend to be more obsessed during the tours :wink:

I was sitting here thinking last night - if they were both in front of me saying "come and get it, baby," :sexywink: right at that very moment, which one would I choose.

Right then, it wouldn't have been Bono. :reject: :reject: :reject:

Back
Top Bottom