PGP - Time to indulge in all things chocolate-covered...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
gluey said:

:ohmy: What for???? :hug: Details, details!!! I had to wear a holter monitor for 24hrs. Found out I have Atrial Tachycardia :yikes:

Here's the short version - I have a history of heart disease in my family affecting people pretty young. I have really high cholesterol despite diet changes and regular exercise. Now I'm getting palpitations. So I'm wearing a monitor for 2 weeks (along with getting some blood work done) to try to determine what, if anything, is causing it. Worst case scenario? Well, we don't think about that. Best case scenario? Just stress and it'll go away in two weeks when my show is over!

zuropa_fit said:

Here's the short version - I have a history of heart disease in my family affecting people pretty young. I have really high cholesterol despite diet changes and regular exercise. Now I'm getting palpitations. So I'm wearing a monitor for 2 weeks (along with getting some blood work done) to try to determine what, if anything, is causing it. Worst case scenario? Well, we don't think about that. Best case scenario? Just stress and it'll go away in two weeks when my show is over!

:hug: Hope it all goes ok. Palpitations are crud aren't they. I'm fortunate that mine is not heart diseases - just a malfunction that won't kill me etc....:hug: The monitors are great at picking things up. I was stunned with what mine showed up. How often are you getting the palpitations and how long do they last? :hug: I hope everything goes ok, and if you want to talk, PM or email me at anytime.......:hug:

It's weird 'cuz I have to push "record" when I feel one so I'm totally second guessing myself: "Well, this isn't as strong as they usually are" or "It's almost over, is it too late to push record?" It's a couple times a day for the big ones and it lasts anywhere from 3 minutes to an hour. Thanks for the :hug:s and here's one right back at ya :hug:

gluey said:
:ohmy: What for???? :hug: Details, details!!! I had to wear a holter monitor for 24hrs. Found out I have Atrial Tachycardia :yikes:

Mom had to wear one of those for 48 hrs and it didn't sound fun... so what is atrial tachycardia?

zuropa_fit said:
It's weird 'cuz I have to push "record" when I feel one so I'm totally second guessing myself: "Well, this isn't as strong as they usually are" or "It's almost over, is it too late to push record?" It's a couple times a day for the big ones and it lasts anywhere from 3 minutes to an hour. Thanks for the :hug:s and here's one right back at ya :hug:

Ooh so yours is an event monitor then? Mine was recording non stop for 24hrs which made it a lot easier. When my attacks are in full swing (like the day I was monitored) I get them every 5 minutes....literally nonstop....if in doubt, just push it. They'd rather have too much information than not enough. They'll decide from there what is worth noting and what isn't...:hug: And my hugs are free and available anytime you need one! :yes:

Drea said:

Mom had to wear one of those for 48 hrs and it didn't sound fun... so what is atrial tachycardia?

They're more of a nuisance than anything. Can't shower with them etc and they're rather obvious....

Atrial Tachycardia is (from my limited understanding of it) a wiring malfunction based in the upper atrial chambers of the heart. It's not life threatening like if it was in the lower ventricular chambers. Basically it's something you can be born with and it can rear it's ugly head whenever it deems necessary. The 'wiring' goes haywire, and in my case sends my heart rate to an average of 200 beats per minute. During this time, it's not actually pumping properly - it's more of a fluttery quiver. The biggest risk during this is that a clot could form due to lack of blood flow, and cause a stroke. I'm on medication to prevent that from happening now. Each episode can last from a few seconds, to a few minutes to a few hours. Mine have never gone over the 5.5 minute threshold thank goodness. They have made me come very close to passing out thanks to the lack of blood flow. My particular type is not easy treated, and I may have to remain on medication for the rest of my life. They got in through the groin - much like in an angiogram - and feed catheters up both the left and right side until they get to the heart. From there they bring on an arryhthmic attack and IF it's in a safe place, they burn that area away, restoring normal function. If it's on the left side of the heart, or too close to other 'wiring' they leave it alone. So fingers crossed, mine's in an easy spot!

:ohmy: I wrote a book!! Sorry!

zuropa_fit said:
Yeah, an "event monitor", like a chaperone at a party! Anyway, it's pretty weird. I wish it just recorded everything. But enough about me... :reject: *blush*

email me at glueys at gmail.com if you want to talk about it :hug:

zuropa_fit said:
*searches Facebook for to stalk Ali*
:uhoh:

gluey said:
: ohmy: What for???? : hug: Details, details!!! I had to wear a holter monitor for 24hrs. Found out I have Atrial Tachycardia :yikes:
:yikes: :hug: That sounds scary, but I'm glad it's nothing more serious! I hope it's in an easy spot *hugs*

bonoishot said:
Credit to Bri for finding the pic. : love:: bow: Its a tribute to the interpretive dances we used to have in PGP. : wink:
:giggle:
We had interpretive dance jokes at work last year too.... :lol:

WildHoney said:
You'll have to wait and see :evil:

clue: It's U2 related :lol:
:hmm:
Did Bono happen to write on you? :shifty:

bonoishot said:
I go through all my requests. :drool: Still need to delete some of the apps i don't use though. :wink:
... You can delete those after you add them? :der:

:lol:

zuropa_fit said:
:hug: :hug: :hug: Fingers crossed and good vibes from me, to you and gluey :kiss:

Galeongirl said:
:hyper: I FINALLY saw U23D!

:drool: seeeeriously dude, The Fly... that blew my mind!

YAY!!! :dance:
Now here's the question - are you going to see it AGAIN?!?!
Also, did your friend go with you? And is she as big a fan as you are?

WildHoney said:
Unfortunately Wildhoney is unavailale at the moment. She has passed out on the floor :faint: Normal pervertion will be resumed shortly

You like the end bit eh? :shifty:

I sent it to all the funwalls for interferencers, apart from carlos, hes the only boy on my facebook, i thought he might not wanna see bonos arse. :lmao:

bonoishot said:

You like the end bit eh? :shifty:

I sent it to all the funwalls for interferencers, apart from carlos, hes the only boy on my facebook, i thought he might not wanna see bonos arse. :lmao:

Maybe he would?? :shrug:

Ruff found this photo of us in Chicago GA queue :lol:

theresa_jem.jpg

Back
Top Bottom