PGP-Stocking Up On Eyepatches For 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thanks Amy. :hug: Back to U2...

Image8.jpg

I did a bunch of screencaps last week. :D

Yeah, quick hugs your way before we all go back to thinking naughty things about U2. :)

I think Facebook has helped my brother deal with my family. He and my parents had a massive falling-out some years ago - it was mostly my dad he had the problems with, but by proxy, my mom got the brunt of the falling-out as well.

He would talk to me if I reached out to him, but for the most part he just kept incommunicado after he'd gotten married. (The wedding was an awkward affair for my parents, but it was pretty much drama-free, thankfully.)

I asked him once why he didn't bother keeping in touch with everyone else - we have a pretty big extended family, with lots of aunts and cousins who keep in touch, and he had even stopped connecting with our grandma. He said it was just easier that way, and it just made me sad.

But when he signed up for Facebook, I saw that he had accepted friend requests from (I think) everyone in the family, and that seemed to be a huge first step.

We have a kind of complicated relationship as well, but pfft - we're brother and sister. We're supposed to! :wink:

So hopefully this is a good set of baby steps to reconciliation. I don't know that my dad will ever be the bigger person and extend the olive branch. They're both very similar - very stubborn. (And also big know-it-alls.)

Thanks everyone. :hug: I try to consider myself lucky for all the good times, and to remember that other families deal with much worse, but sometimes it's wearing, you know? :) I also try to be the best that I can be in this situation, but also to remember that I'm only human.

Yeah, quick hugs your way before we all go back to thinking naughty things about U2. :)

I think Facebook has helped my brother deal with my family. He and my parents had a massive falling-out some years ago - it was mostly my dad he had the problems with, but by proxy, my mom got the brunt of the falling-out as well.

He would talk to me if I reached out to him, but for the most part he just kept incommunicado after he'd gotten married. (The wedding was without s an awkward affair for my parents, but it was pretty much drama-free, thankfully.)

I asked him once why he didn't bother keeping in touch with everyone else - we have a pretty big extended family, with lots of aunts and cousins who keep in touch, and he had even stopped connecting with our grandma. He said it was just easier that way, and it just made me sad.

But when he signed up for Facebook, I saw that he had accepted friend requests from (I think) everyone in the family, and that seemed to be a huge first step.

We have a kind of complicated relationship as well, but pfft - we're brother and sister. We're supposed to! :wink:

So hopefully this is a good set of baby steps to reconciliation. I don't know that my dad will ever be the bigger person and extend the olive branch. They're both very similar - very stubborn. (And also big know-it-alls.)

How old is he, and how old is your nephew? Sometimes in family falling outs, children help to heal rifts. Hope that's the case with yours. :hug:

My brother has always been a black sheep, he just goes against the grain, but for most of his life, he has enough charm to get him by, you know? For the past few years though, since my mom's health has deteriorated, he's been a real ass, disappears for months on end, and he hasn't even talked to my mom for a couple of years now, unless you count the two times it's been to ask her for help.

It's a shame, we were always close, despite his tendencies (he's a lot older than me, both him and my sister, he's 13 yes older). Now, I'm occasionally in touch with one of his sons and his wife, but I don't think I could ever forgive him for the neglect of our mom for the past few years, when she really needed him.

Thank god for my sister. We have the rare occasional squabble and bitchy moment, but we're bffs, I adore her, and couldn't get through any of this without her. :heart:

VP - my brother turned 30 this year (about 6 years younger than me ... ish). His oldest, Alex, is I think 6? Holly was just born this past Mother's Day. I think my mom and grandma got to meet Alex when he was a baby, and I can't remember if they met him again or not. So it wasn't quite an instantaneous rift-healer. ;)

Okay, I have to give a thumbs-down on this recipe, if only because this is NOT chili. It's like soup!

It tastes good, but it's just a total lie that it's calling itself "chili."

I had my heart set on chili - I was all ready to add some shredded cheese, and a dollop of sour cream, but that ain't happening

My friend (the blogger who posted the recipe) said she added loads of cheese to hers, but when I tried it, it just kind of glopped into a melty mess. And who wants cheese in all that liquid?

VP: bean report! the beans are kind of indistinguishable from the corn for me. That's about all I can suss out about them.

Thank god I went and bought some Pillsbury Grands. Those are always totally yum. :drool:

Verdict on my dinner: everything is tasty, but the guac isn't very good. :( I need to learn to stick with the stuff I usually use and not try out new stuff. This guac is disappointing. Oh well - lesson learned. :)

Thanks everyone. :hug: sometimes I feel like a drama queen talking about this - like I said, I know that many other families deal with much worse. Then other times I just want to curl up into a fetal position and feel sorry for myself. :lol: I try hard to put a lid on the latter, though. :) That whole sex thing just really threw me for a loop, though. :crack:

VP: bean report! the beans are kind of indistinguishable from the corn for me. That's about all I can suss out about them.

Thank god I went and bought some Pillsbury Grands. Those are always totally yum. :drool:

Thanks for your very specific bean report. :lol:

Now, back to hot!Bono. :drool:

.... did someone say hot Bono????????????

33z7bso.gif

enchanted.gif

I really should watch one of the movies on my DVR, but I'm tempted to thow in a bootleg DVD until Mad Men comes on. :hmm:

.... did someone say hot Bono????????????

33z7bso.gif

enchanted.gif

I really should watch one of the movies on my DVR, but I'm tempted to thow in a bootleg DVD until Mad Men comes on. :hmm:

:lmao:

You know what else cracks my shit up? You know the new vampire on True Blood? Jessica, right? When she was brand new, and would discover her vampireness coming out, and do that gasp, and then throw her hand up over her mouth. :lol: is there a gif of that? Jessica. :love:

That SNL thingomghowhot!!! That's part of what drove me into the crazy, obsessive fan I am today. I remember being all excited about the HTDAAB release, and then hearing they were going to be on SNL, and saying to Sarah "we have to watch this, these guys are phenomenal live" and then there was the humping, and I was pretty much gone. :shifty:

Um.

Holy shit.

Had I seen that before I popped The Wind That Shakes the Barley into my DVD player (I don't know that I'm up for a heavy movie tonight, but it's been sitting on my TV for two weeks now, from Netflix), that would have prompted me to throw on a bootleg instead.

Oh well.

RnH was on Palladia earlier :up: Had to watch it, even though I have it on VHS and DVD.

ooh, are we postwhoring our way through the last 50 posts using pics of HotBono? :hmm:

That SNL thingomghowhot!!! That's part of what drove me into the crazy, obsessive fan I am today. I remember being all excited about the HTDAAB release, and then hearing they were going to be on SNL, and saying to Sarah "we have to watch this, these guys are phenomenal live" and then there was the humping, and I was pretty much gone. :shifty:

Yeah, I was watching with a friend, and she wasn't a fan until seeing that either. Amazing what the humping will do. :giggle:

Um.

Holy shit.

Had I seen that before I popped The Wind That Shakes the Barley into my DVD player (I don't know that I'm up for a heavy movie tonight, but it's been sitting on my TV for two weeks now, from Netflix), that would have prompted me to throw on a bootleg instead.

Oh well.

That's one of my favourite Bono photos. :combust: Dayyyum. I think it's from the SATS music video...

Yeah, I was watching with a friend, and she wasn't a fan until seeing that either. Amazing what the humping will do. :giggle:

yeah, i was a HUGE fan during the Zoo era, but then they sort of went off my radar for a few years. :shame:

Was aware of them before that too, but at the time, they really weren't my thing. :tsk:

Okay, I'm going to say something blasphemous.

Watch out.

Are you ready?

I like Bono shirtless. I do. But not with the sunglasses. It looks really weird and wrong.

I thought he looked absolutely ridiculous in the Boots video. Shirtless. With the sunglasses. Oh, and the rosary beads. That didn't help.

It burned my eyes a little.

:reject:

Please don't stone me.

That's one of my favourite Bono photos. :combust: Dayyyum. I think it's from the SATS music video...

It is :yes:

Damn, wish I had a screencap of the shirtless!Larry!tattoo moment, that is *nice* :wink: So's the shot of Adam with his arms up from the bass when the light "hits" his back...

larry0132.jpg

oops - how'd that get in here? Hello JBF hair!

:giggle: There's a sight I wouldn't mind having greet me every morning :wink:

It is :yes:

Damn, wish I had a screencap of the shirtless!Larry!tattoo moment, that is *nice* :wink: So's the shot of Adam with his arms up from the bass when the light "hits" his back...

:giggle: There's a sight I wouldn't mind having greet me every morning :wink:

I'll have a look and see if I have those... :hmm:

OMG, I'm LOVING the director cracking up about the BOOM-CHA! part of the video. :laugh:

I've gone back to the music videos until it's Amazing Race time in a half hour. Discotheque right now. :drool:

Discotheque :drool: They need to either start snippeting that back into Crazy or just play the damn song :lol: The perfect stage and a disco ball, it's crying for a little boom-cha! ;)

Okay, I'm going to say something blasphemous.

Watch out.

Are you ready?

I like Bono shirtless. I do. But not with the sunglasses. It looks really weird and wrong.

I thought he looked absolutely ridiculous in the Boots video. Shirtless. With the sunglasses. Oh, and the rosary beads. That didn't help.

It burned my eyes a little.

:reject:

Please don't stone me.

:lmao: yeah, latter day Bono shirtless doesn't really do it for me, either. Is this an unpopular opinion? :uhoh:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom