PGP:sharing good laughs and having fun

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why, Hello there ;)

I think, after about a million months of cold turkey I'm actually off the blue crack!

It's a sad day for everyone isnt it.
but I thought I'd come say hey anyway :)

How are my ladies?
:heart:

Russty Cat said:
b2_1014.jpg

30stm_jared06_minyafalas-1.png

:drool: :whistle: :combust: What? :wink:

Oh...my....word.....Jared Leto:faint: :combust: He's so frickin' pretty! And those eyes....:drool:

bono_gal said:
Why, Hello there ; )

I think, after about a million months of cold turkey I'm actually off the blue crack!

It's a sad day for everyone isnt it.
but I thought I'd come say hey anyway :)

How are my ladies?
:heart:

BG. :grumpy:

Come back. :scream: Havent seen you in forever. You know you want the Blue Crack really.

:tongue:

Hope your ok.

:kiss:

Need to go buy some JD and coke. :drool:

Very nice pics! :D

Well, I hate to miss you Wild, but I gotta go. I have a meeting in a few minutes, and then I'm taking off for the weekend.

See you later! :hug:

GREAT TITLE FB

Wild:drool: Love the new pics:wave: Thank you dear. How is your day going? I am sure you and NI are keeping each other warm and cozy:sexywink:

Thora, I brought chili to my pot luck today, everyone loved it:rockon: How was your babyshower?

Hope everyone has a great weekend:hug:

When I get out of here I am going to have a drink...

thicon_margarita.gif
:drunk:

:)

hi drea! hi molly!

Molly......since you've been a u2 fan for ? 25 yrs..... [hope i didn't mix you up with some of the other newest PGP noobies! :uhoh:}
how did you find out about them.

ANd you finally saw them on this tour! Where?

and :wink: how as it for you?!" :wink: :lol:

i'm at my art study so i'll be bounciing between art making, catching up on other threads and here for about an hour. :D

ooh goody, I love a chance to talk about my u2 history, lol!

First I want to say that at this moment I'm listening to RTSS from Vertigo Seattle, the first show I saw, and it's making me cry because that is kind of my song and I cried all the way through it at the concert, and now everytime I hear the bootleg...:sad:

Anyway, yeah, I've been a fan for about 20-25 years or so. I first remember seeing them when MTV was new, the New Years Day video of them standing out in the snow in the big winter coats.

I can't say what it was that grabbed me way back then, it was just that special u2 something. I had all the records, then all the tapes. I wore out so many cassettes, especially UF and JT. I used to listen to them on my walkman while I wandered around the small town where I lived.

I never got to see them live because I grew up in Montana, and they never came anywhere even remotely close. In the '90s, when I was an adult and could have perhaps traveled to see them, I was busy having babies and couldn't afford it.

I wanted to go to Elevation so bad, but I had a baby that fall. I promised myself I wouldn't miss the next tour, so when Vertigo came around, I knew I had to go.

I flew to Seattle, alone, and went to the 2 concerts, alone. The first night I had GA, I got a great spot on the rail, it was awesome. It was life changing. Edge winked at me and Adam did a double take when he saw me crying my eyes out during Streets.

The next day I met Bono and Edge (again with the crying. god, how embarassing).

this is way too long, I'm sorry! I could go on and ON and on, but this is a chat thread and I really am trying to keep it short.

can I just add that:
1) the baby who kept me from seeing Elevation live has the middle name of Grace ;)

2) I went through something of a huge crisis in 2000 and one of my coping mechanisms was listening to u2 all the time, again on a walkman. It got me through. The song Love Rescue Me (among others!) got me through. I don't know if I'd have been able to find the hope and strength to keep going if it weren't for their music, I really don't.

That's an awesome story Molly, thanks for sharing :) I love hearing about other people's experiences like that.

I cried during Sometimes at the first show I saw... don't really know why! :reject:

love2bmama said:
can I just say I have no idea who Jared Leto is? :shifty:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jared_Leto

hes sooo hot. :combust:

I first discovered him ( like Russty) in My So Called Life. :combust:

Hes been in movies since then and has his own band. :wink:

Is now considering going to see his band in Manchester at end of January. :hmm:

Doubt anyone will go with me though. :(

Hey girls. :hug:

Alisaura said:
That's an awesome story Molly, thanks for sharing :) I love hearing about other people's experiences like that.

I cried during Sometimes at the first show I saw... don't really know why! :reject:

I think Bono does such a good job of emoting, it's like you can feel the emotion in the songs. I know a lot of people cry, even guys. It's not like a sad kind of crying, for me anyway. Hard to explain :scratch:

love2bmama said:

I flew to Seattle, alone, and went to the 2 concerts, alone. The first night I had GA, I got a great spot on the rail, it was awesome. It was life changing. Edge winked at me and Adam did a double take when he saw me crying my eyes out during Streets.

The next day I met Bono and Edge (again with the crying. god, how embarassing).

What a :cute: story. I nearly cried during Sometimes in Boston 1. The only thing that stopped me was i was stood opposite Brian one of there security and i didn't wanna make an eejit of myself. :lmao:

I :love: being stood near Adam at shows. You always get attention of him. :wink:

bonoishot said:

What a :cute: story. I nearly cried during Sometimes in Boston 1. The only thing that stopped me was i was stood opposite Brian one of there security and i didn't wanna make an eejit of myself. :lmao:

I :love: being stood near Adam at shows. You always get attention of him. :wink:

that was probably a good plan, I should try not making an eejit of myself sometime, lol!!

I was surprised how much eye contact Adam made with people. He was so nice. I halfway expected him to stop playing and offer me a tissue, he just had that kind of look on his face. Nothing like making a fool out of yourself at a rock concert....

Back
Top Bottom