PGP: I'll have my Bono without the mandals please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I lurve you, Ali.

PS - that may be the gin talking but I don't think so.

Clothing picked out - it's all black and grey and blue! I dress like a bruise :lol:
Now just the 'extras' - cameras, snacks, jewelry, etc

:panic:

:kiss: Lurve you too! Don't think the rosehip tea would change that either way. :wink:

No, you dress like a Melbournite... :lol: I swear most of my wardrobe is black, grey, or jeans. Fair bit of brown, too... then there's a bunch of red to make up for it. :D

Don't forget the tickets!!

G'night :hug:

Awesome gif, btw Comet!

Pointless trivia of the day: I have exactly 1000 PMs, apparently.

I think my Doctor Who DVDs have arrived!! :hyper: :hyper:

(I ordered the box of Specials that come after the end of Series 4, along with Series 5, from Amazon UK, since the shops here are charging nearly $100 each for them... pfft.)

Fingers crossed they work in our DVD player...

:shifty: I think I am going to go premium if someone can tell how to post it in my sig...:shifty:

:wink: possibly sig legal. :hmm:

amykristenbonomomenttinycomet.gif

There's nothing like being able to look at pics from shows so far this leg and being able to say "I was there!" *G* Wish I was going to Seattle... :sad:

All these stories make me excited and nervous about going. I still don't know about Montreal which is killing me. And my husband seemed pretty unhappy about getting up early to get in line at Moncton. I think it's - we do it this way or I take someone else. It's so much easier when they tour elsewhere. I can sit back and look at the videos and photos not worry how it will be for me. :crack:

Oh looky here

amykristenbonomomentbigcomet.gif

(i know it's big sorry )

Comet I LOVE YOU!!!!!:hug: :drool: :heart::love::hyper: I melt everytime I watch this.

That's the way MrPurrl was when I finally got him to go to his first show (9/20/05 in Chicago)!

I just want to say that people who know me will tell you that I have been a Bono-girl from the very beginning. However, over the past few years, I have gained greater appreciation for Adam, Edge, and Larry--they have all grown into very handsome men. I mean, look at this picture of Larry!

BonoLarryEdmonton.jpg

Good lord :combust:

*prays for it to be warm in Montreal so we get the white shirt* :sexywink:

Front row rail Adam's side baby *G* basically same spot as Winnipeg but *I* was the one on the rail

YAY! :applaud:

All these stories make me excited and nervous about going. I still don't know about Montreal which is killing me. And my husband seemed pretty unhappy about getting up early to get in line at Moncton. I think it's - we do it this way or I take someone else. It's so much easier when they tour elsewhere. I can sit back and look at the videos and photos not worry how it will be for me. :crack:

If you wanna come to Montreal you should. If you wanna line up early, there are a bunch of us that are gonna be lining up super early for at least one of the shows. You could join us :hug:

Even as I wake up today, I'm already feeling like I don't want to go for front rail anymore. Outer rail sounds good.

Now watch, by the time I wake at at the asscrack of dawn tomorrow, I'll shut off my alarm and go back to sleep. "Fuck it, I'll hang in the back."

:lol:

There is no way Mr. Ryan would let me drive to Montreal by myself. Which annoys me because I am more than capable of doing it. And I need a hotel room. If I go with my friend, we'd split it. So, it would be like $150 per person. We do have a ticket to sell. So, that's like $70 back in my pocket. I just need her to come through with work. If she can get the time, then off we go!

And this is when I think - it was so much easier when I was single. :reject:

Is this thread still going more than a week after I left it?! o_O

I'm still in Toronto. I have piccies from Winnipeg, including a smiling, waving Larry and a few of Bono's butt for the B girls. (If anyoen hasn't asked and is wondering, he was wearing loose trousers. I had the perfect view of him pulling his pants up. :lol: I don't know if I got pics of that. I was distracted by a smirking bassist.)

There is no way Mr. Ryan would let me drive to Montreal by myself. Which annoys me because I am more than capable of doing it. And I need a hotel room. If I go with my friend, we'd split it. So, it would be like $150 per person. We do have a ticket to sell. So, that's like $70 back in my pocket. I just need her to come through with work. If she can get the time, then off we go!

And this is when I think - it was so much easier when I was single. :reject:

That sucks :down:

Even as I wake up today, I'm already feeling like I don't want to go for front rail anymore. Outer rail sounds good.

Now watch, by the time I wake at at the asscrack of dawn tomorrow, I'll shut off my alarm and go back to sleep. "Fuck it, I'll hang in the back."

Front rail FTW :hyper: It does something to you....I've only done it once and I'm already obsessed with it :shifty:

Is this thread still going more than a week after I left it?! o_O

I'm still in Toronto. I have piccies from Winnipeg, including a smiling, waving Larry and a few of Bono's butt for the B girls. (If anyoen hasn't asked and is wondering, he was wearing loose trousers. I had the perfect view of him pulling his pants up. :lol: I don't know if I got pics of that. I was distracted by a smirking bassist.)

Hey you! :wave: Nice to meet ya in Winnipeg :hug:

Hey you! :wave: Nice to meet ya in Winnipeg :hug:

Hey you too! :giggle: U2....

It was fun, we should do it again next tour. Only sit closuer rather than 8 people away. And maybe next time I won't be all 'Oh my god, my back's doing a Larry! Oh God, I need to sit down!' afterward next time. I've got Nashville to go to, so I'll change up my routine a bit there and see what happens so I've got a plan in place for next tour.

And I totally get the addiction thing. Seats are good, but there's nothing like being able to stand there and swear band memebers are interacting with you. (every time my head says it's not nessecarily true, I tell it to FOAD.)

I still swear B saw Reg the Lemur..... I will stand by my delusion until I die.

Amy, I just thought of something. Remember our conversation when we were sitting down in the pit about "looking?" I looked....many times :shifty:

Whatever are you talking about???:shifty: Me too! IT was right there!! I'm surprised I still have both eyes! :lol:

Refer to the gif. It was great fun, and for an old arthritic lady like me, it wasn't that bad. Once you get in, the adrenaline takes over. Even if we didn't have that moment, seeing your favourite band that close, with no one in front of you, is amazing beyond words. I'm addicted too. :shifty:

:wink: possibly sig legal. :hmm:

amykristenbonomomenttinycomet.gif

Thanks so much Comet!:hug: I almost died when I saw the big one. You can even lipread what he is saying!:wink:

Drea, getting front rail at number 205 is impressive and gives me hope for some of the other, busier shows! So glad you had a great time!:hyper:

I read 80,000 at Montreal. I'm not sure how much for Moncton. I stalk Flickr for pictures and lately people have been taking photos of their hand with the line number. This is very helpful. 589 got some great photos in Edmonton. Gives me hope.

Mmm... pretteh gif! :drool:

Just popping in and out quickly. Been having great fun so far. Yesterday I hung with my family once I reached Seattle, then spent the evening at Killing Bono, etc.

Today's going to be more of a relaxed day. My friend and I are just gonna chill, do some shopping and enjoy the sun, maybe at one of the lakes or something. :love:

I don't know HOW I'm going to have the energy to get up at the ass crack of dawn tomorrow, so I might be leaving the blue crack gathering early. We'll see how I feel. :)

Either way, YAY!! :hyper:

So excited for all our friends (Cori and Thora included) who are in Seattle today! :hyper: I'm still FREAKING about travel plans/prep for Oakland. More about dealing with my mom than other things :lol:

Wow I was just asked to be a bridesmaid. I had to say no though because I more then likely won't be living in Thunder Bay when the wedding is in 2013.

It's so cute. My friend who I've known since grade school is marrying the guy she's been together with since grade 7. They starting "liking" each other in junior high and have been officially together since their first year of high school :cute: He's such a great guy. I'm so happy for them :D

Awww Zooey :therethere: Do you not see your mom a lot?

only twice a year. We've had a rough relationship. We get along fine now but it's like walking on eggshells and I"m terrified of pissing her off still. :reject: She's very particular and can sort of be snappy at times. :sigh: Last time we were there she called a week later and said "I keep finding little Legos everywhere. I'll put them in an envelope for you." (My mom's house is SPOTLESS) So a few days later, I get an envelope with two or three tiny legos in it. :rolleyes:

Wow I was just asked to be a bridesmaid. I had to say no though because I more then likely won't be living in Thunder Bay when the wedding is in 2013.

It's so cute. My friend who I've known since grade school is marrying the guy she's been together with since grade 7. They starting "liking" each other in junior high and have been officially together since their first year of high school :cute: He's such a great guy. I'm so happy for them :D

That's so cute! Too bad you can't do it. Could you travel back for the wedding?

only twice a year. We've had a rough relationship. We get along fine now but it's like walking on eggshells and I"m terrified of pissing her off still. :reject: She's very particular and can sort of be snappy at times. :sigh: Last time we were there she called a week later and said "I keep finding little Legos everywhere. I'll put them in an envelope for you." (My mom's house is SPOTLESS) So a few days later, I get an envelope with two or three tiny legos in it. :rolleyes:

That's so cute! Too bad you can't do it. Could you travel back for the wedding?

Oh wow :ohmy: Well hopefully things go okay with you and her on this trip :hug:

I could travel back to go to the wedding but being a bridesmaid would require me to be here for a lot of all the wedding stuff.

Btw, I'm googling teachers colleges right now :shifty:

I know y'all don't know me from a hole in the wall, but I need some good concert vibes. I need to ask my husband for a BIG favor. My friend can go to Moncton, but Montreal will be tough. I need 2 things to happen:

1) the lure of taking me to s strip club in Montreal (oh the depths I have to sink for you, U2) will make him gung-ho to switch tickets and head up to Montreal with me.

2) His parents being able to take the munchkin Thursday thru Saturday. They are retired. If they took her at the end of the month, it was going to be her and her cousins that weekend. So, I'm hoping this will work out better for them.

I need to work on Mr. Ryan for this tonight because I just want it set. I want all my tickets, hotel room and ducks in a row so I can relax and wait for the shows to happen.

Oh boo, he's in a mood. Do I put out first or promise it after? :sexywink:

Wow, Amy, your moment is sooo cool! That's awesome!

SO when Bono is pointing "right towards the camera"
that's when he's looking at amy & K? :hyper:

All these stories make me excited and nervous about going. I still don't know about Montreal which is killing me. And my husband seemed pretty unhappy about getting up early to get in line at Moncton. I think it's - we do it this way or I take someone else. It's so much easier when they tour elsewhere. I can sit back and look at the videos and photos not worry how it will be for me. :crack :

And this is when I think - it was so much easier when I was single. : reject :
{{{hug}}} I really, really hope it will all work out, graceR!!!

And I totally get the addiction thing. Seats are good, but there's nothing like being able to stand there and swear band memebers are interacting with you. (every time my head says it's not nessecarily true, I tell it to FOAD.)

I still swear B saw Reg the Lemur..... I will stand by my delusion until I die.

sometimes delusions are the right thing! lol!

This is what drove me :crack: about my U2 concert experiences!!!
I was in my late 20's when i found out about U2 <80/81>.
Previously in the earlier to mid careers of the several other Super Majorbands I love (The Who, Springsteen/E St) and a bunch of others who neve rgot as big as these 2 bands........
I saw ALL of them within 10th to 1st row often more than once of each of them! I often had my camera and took some fabulous photos !

But U2 it was always eh to blah seats for us (sis & our friends) in the earlyish tours to through the ZOO-TV/AB tour when they didn't have GA yet; until I got the equivalent of about 15th row & a bit closer at the the Brooklyn Bridge - HutDub debut MTA show- standing in the crowd.

Then finally in '09 < thanks to:heart: dg's "GA tix-drop watch" for me> I finally was able to get a GA tix (had been trying since '01 shows, i did not have the $ for possible Zooropa shows and POP- I hated the visuals- so I :eek: chose not to go), and got the Outer rail ple I wanted!
Whatever are you talking about???: shifty : Me too! IT was right there!! I'm surprised I still have both eyes! : lol :

[QUOTE amy?]
Refer to the gif. It was great fun, and for an old arthritic lady like me, it wasn't that bad. Once you get in, the adrenaline takes over. Even if we didn't have that moment, seeing your favourite band that close, with no one in front of you, is amazing beyond words. I'm addicted too. : shifty :

And I also love watching them interacting with each other !

: lol :

Hopefully he didn't catch us lookin : shifty: : wink: PS. Go Gold and put that gif in your sig!!
Bllahahahahaaaaa :whistle:

So excited for all our friends (Cori and Thora included) who are in Seattle today!

THIS!
I knowwww! :hyper:

only twice a year. We've had a rough relationship. We get along fine now but it's like walking on eggshells and I"m terrified of pissing her off still. : reject: She's very particular and can sort of be snappy at times. : sigh: Last time we were there she called a week later and said "I keep finding little Legos everywhere. I'll put them in an envelope for you." (My mom's house is SPOTLESS) So a few days later, I get an envelope with two or three tiny legos in it. :rolleyes:
:( :hug: zu :hug:

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

um.........uh, zu.............

...... if "it's like walking on eggshells".............

it's kinda,........ maybe..... like.........

......half fine.......??

:(
(so hopes you will not burst into tears reading this spoiler)

I hear ya, zu. :hug: kind of like half the time with my dad, or more than
half the time with my ex-nasty roommate.

I am gettin' stuff done like a motherfucking adult today. : angry :
go zu!

That was me yesterday! Had set up time for the handyman to change overhead living room and hallway lights, and changed the smoke and carbon monoxide alarms.

Honestly>>>>>
IF I COULD get up on the 4th or 5th rung of a ladder I
would do it myself!
I'm just waaaaaay too scared/anxious about falling off! IF
there was a about a 2 ft wide ladder, very heavy duty with
rails going up onto the top mayyyyyybe I could....
I'd def give it a try! Of course at that configuration it might
be too heavy to move around! lol

Back
Top Bottom