PGP - Hitching a ride With Dallas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Forget that... we'll just send her to Thunder Bay. In January :evil:

OH! Better yet... we'll send her to Saskatoon in January! :evil: :mac: :evil: One week of prairie winter and she'll be begging for her rain back :lol:

I told her she could come shovel my driveway :lol:

NI doesn't know anyone either:cute:

well he knows of you girls and has met a few :sexywink:

Hands up if you want to speak to him just to hear his Irish accent? :lol:

*Raises hand really high* :hyper:

Yeah, and here we have lake effect everything, because of the Great Lakes. :happy: :| And right where I am, we get it from Ontario, Erie AND Huron, depending on which way the wind is blowing. Ugh.

Yeah I wndered about that -- Lake effect I wasnt sure whetther you were close enough for that.

THREE of the GL's ??!!! near :faint: :eek:::eek:

SUBJECT CHANGE>>>

VP ~~~
oh, yes, I do understand what you mean about listening to other genres.

I even like some Opera now, whene as a kid :yuck: when both my folks would play it--- I 'd go running for the hills!!

I enjoy some music from :hmm: almost all genres! Then I have my rave :heart::hyper::heart: faves genres or sub-genres!! :D

Wow I actually had to do something for a change. :lol: First time he cried tonight! He couldn't find his pacifier, sat up bawling in his bed. Gave it back to him, lied him down and he was asleep already!

Dazzled, how are you doing? I hope the bad situation(s) you mentioned are resolving positively...? :hug:

aawww thanks VP! :hug: I
oh wel,l i guess without all the details...i can mention it here
i was planning to soon, anyway! :wink:

I have a complex housing situation .. ( don't ask!)

and I'm mvoing in mid Nov.

While I'm not that happy to be moving so relatively far away from Miitown-Manhattan and Lower ( The Village, Soho, World Financial Area etc)

I will have a ~lovely~ one :heart: bedroom APT in Da Bronx (nice, stable working class area) TOTALLY MINE... NO roomates!!!:hyper::heart::hyper:

I'm sure VP has heard his accent :wink:

I'll hopefully get him to Canada next year :shifty:

Everything crossed!!

Yeah I wndered about that -- Lake effect I wasnt sure whetther you were close enough for that.

THREE of the GL's ??!!! near :faint: :eek:::eek:

If you look on a map, the area between those three lakes is almost like a triangle, and depending on the wind direction, we can get weather from any of them. I'm about halfway between Ontario and Erie, about 30 minutes from both, and the southern tip of Huron is about 90 minutes or two hours north of us. It's much more common for us to get bad weather from Ontario, but really, it can come from any of them.

If you look on a map, the area between those three lakes is almost like a triangle, and depending on the wind direction, we can get weather from any of them. I'm about halfway between Ontario and Erie, about 30 minutes from both, and the southern tip of Huron is about 90 minutes or two hours north of us. It's much more common for us to get bad weather from Ontario, but really, it can come from any of them.

I can "see" L. E& O it's H i can't quite visualize>>> goes to Google maps! :D

:( :hug:

Apropos to nothing, Sarah just found this on a Wilco forum:

I thought this bit from the Dallas show (thanks for posting this recording so fast!) was interesting. Someone called out a request for Pot Kettle Black. Tweedy says they're not gonna play that. Crowd goes awwwwww. Cue this short rant from a clearly exasperated Tweedy:

You know what, YOU write a setlist. It's hard!

OK, let me get this on the record for all you tapers, all you people that sit at home and complain about the setlists being the same every fuckin' night.

You're not at the shows! All right? Here's the deal. When Wilco comes to town, we look at what we played last time, and we try and play at least half different stuff.

[CROWD CHEERS]

OK? That should be good enough, right?

Mind you, this was right after playing Company in My Back, followed immediately by Kamera, and shortly thereafter by Cars Can't Escape.

Point taken.

:heart:

I wish Bono would lash out at fans like that. :lol:

aawww thanks VP! :hug: I
oh wel,l i guess without all the details...i can mention it here
i was planning to soon, anyway! :wink:

I have a complex housing situation .. ( don't ask!)

and I'm mvoing in mid Nov.

While I'm not that happy to be moving so relatively far away from Miitown-Manhattan and Lower ( The Village, Soho, World Financial Area etc)

I will have a ~lovely~ one :heart: bedroom APT in Da Bronx (nice, stable working class area) TOTALLY MINE... NO roomates!!!:hyper::heart::hyper:

Aw, so glad to hear you'll no longer have the stress of having to deal with the nasty one! :) Will living in a different area pose much of a hardship for you?

Did you initiate this move, or was it for other reasons?

Lucky girl :D

I really am! :yes: It's the best present I could ever get. We don't give each other gifts for the year - we just do a family trip for the holiday instead of giving gifts. We started out doing this for health reasons, as one year was SO incredibly rough for me with SAD, and my dad thought it would help for me to spend a few weeks in the sun. It's turned into a tradition, because it's so much fun, and such a nice vacation. :love:

I really am! :yes: It's the best present I could ever get. We don't give each other gifts for the year - we just do a family trip for the holiday instead of giving gifts. We started out doing this for health reasons, as one year was SO incredibly rough for me with SAD, and my dad thought it would help for me to spend a few weeks in the sun. It's turned into a tradition, because it's so much fun, and such a nice vacation. :love:

That's so cool :up:

Ohhhhhhhhhhh :drool:

Like the sound of sugary balls :sexywink:

well didn't want to disappoint :wink:

Ahhh there it is :wink: I'll have to buy you a box for sure now :hug:

Honolulu. We go there every year for Christmas. :love:

oh yeah...i do think I rmemb er you posting about that.

HOW WONDERFUL!!!

My sis went to HA for the first time in Aug it as for a wedding of a friend!

She showed my me her ?? "Snap_____" something Videos--- a really simple video recorde rof her Helicopter trip to ( one of the very long water falls) tho the weather was ?too windy to get closer) over the shoreline and the water!!! near (swoon) :faint: SOOOOOO incredible.

I'm SO GLAD I got to got to San Juan PR ( she sent me on vacatoin for mah 50th BD) and see some of that kind of water!!!! otherwise I'd been really envious!!

I can hear the disappointed groans from taxi drivers all over US & Canada :wink:

Ye sboys she includes her legs :giggle:

:kiss:

I keep saying, the guy in the bar was FAR more interesting than the cab drivers! :lol:

That cab driver in Chicago was just bizarre. :huh: Weird. Yes, based on this 5 minute cab ride, I'd love for you to come and visit me, here's my number... :crack:

Back
Top Bottom