PGP-Dirty dancing into a new thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you sign up with that through your phone or through your tv? :idiot: And if it was tv, did you need something special?

Nope - I signed up through my computer. It's probably netflix.ca. :) There are options to connect through your TV, but I think you have to use a video game system or something else. I have no clue, but I'm sure they'll explain it when you sign up. But you can just use it through your computer with no problems. Very simple.

ETA - and DG beat me to it. But you'll have to go to the Canadian site. :D

I just heard another alert. Now, it's just taunting me. :angry:
:giggle:

Translation:

nelson-haha.gif
:lmao:

I love Nelson!

What, you don't like having a crazy conservative in charge of your country? Can't imagine why not!

:lol: My favorite hipster joke:

Q: How many hipsters does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
A: It's a pretty obscure number, you've probably never heard of it.

:lol:
:lol:

:wave:

The leg has been achy the past few days. I stumbled a couple of times and accidentally bore my full weight on it by accident. :reject: But I find I'm walking with more ease and lately I've only had to take one dose of pain meds a day most days, and there were a couple days where I didn't need them. :up: I had an appointment to get X-rays done and a general check-up on it, but I slept in. :reject: Luckily, I was able to re-schedule for Thursday.

I don't know if you saw, but I posted about Dazz's progress recently a few pages back. With the help of her aide, she's been able to walk a few blocks at a time that have inclines and she's starting to go up and down the stairs again. :) I don't know if Dazz's was a clean break. I know the doctors and nurses said if I had shattered part of the bone or torn a ligament in addition to the break, recovery would have been much longer even with surgery.

I changed my number in 2010. :lol: I'll PM you.

Okay, I think Dazzled's was a spiral break, just like Sarah's, which are the hardest to fit back together and generally need surgery, but Sarah was lucky and hers was clean and didn't. And then when you mentioned ligaments, I also remembered the surgeon saying that ligaments can get seriously fucked up in these kinds of breaks and cause a lot of problems, but that Sarah's was relatively okay.

Not making your appt :tsk: :wink: Let me know how it goes, though!

L7's 'Pretend That We're Dead' popped into my head.

I have the Droid X from 2010. I think it's the same size. I am up for a new phone a few months ago and I want an iPhone so bad.....but I'm waiting for iPhone 5. I could not wait for iPhone to come to Verizon and settled for Droid X. Few months later....it came to Verizon. So, I keep hearing that it's coming, I am going to wait.

Oh, hello everyone. :wave:

Maybe I'm Apple-biased (against) but I don't get the appeal of Apple products at all, when there are non-Apple ones that are out there for the same or less that are just as good. If anyone can sell me, I'm totally open, but so far, I just don't get it.

Maybe I'm Apple-biased (against) but I don't get the appeal of Apple products at all, when there are non-Apple ones that are out there for the same or less that are just as good. If anyone can sell me, I'm totally open, but so far, I just don't get it.

Not that this is a failing on their part. As I mentioned earlier, I am a wireless phone idiot, so maybe I just don't know any better, and they are that awesome. As far as their computers go though, I've never been convinced. If I can buy three different PC-based laptops that do what I need them to do within the lifespan of an iMac, sorry, I'll go with the cheaper PC laptop every time.

VintagePunk said:
Okay, I think Dazzled's was a spiral break, just like Sarah's, which are the hardest to fit back together and generally need surgery, but Sarah was lucky and hers was clean and didn't. And then when you mentioned ligaments, I also remembered the surgeon saying that ligaments can get seriously fucked up in these kinds of breaks and cause a lot of problems, but that Sarah's was relatively okay.

:hmm: I think mine was a spinal fracture not sure.

Ugh, I remember falling, hearing the crunch, and then the pain hit. That particular memory keeps popping up and I hate it. :(

Will let you know how it goes!

I :heart: my iPhone. I tried out the Android phones in the store and I found the iPhone much easier to navigate. I felt the Android was just too cluttered and had too much going on. I need things simple. :lol: Android makes great phones, they just weren't for me.

After owning PC's for years and now a Mac for about 2 1/2 years I can say that PC/Windows suck more than I thought while I used them. My Mac is the most perfect machine I've ever used. It does everything for me, never crashed, freezes, locks up, reboots, loses my info, or does any other rotten thing I was subjected to while a PC user. Oh and no need for a virus protection either. That was one huge issue with my last computer. Always got viruses on "safe" sites and the virus protection took 10 minutes to load so starting up my previous computer was a 15-20 min process, even when it was new. My Macbook starts and is online within seconds. I can't explain how much I truly love my Macbook and how it was well worth the $1000 I spent on it. I will only ever use Apple products again when buying a computer. But since my Macbook is so perfect I can't see anything happening to it anytime soon where I'd have to replace it.

Then there's my iPod. I freaking love my iPod. I have a few of them but my newest, the latest generation Nano, is by far the coolest damn thing ever. It's tiny, has a touch screen, radio, a clip to clip on to me making it hands free at the gym, not to mention there's a built in personal trainer section that will tell me how many calories I've burned, steps I've walked, distance, time, etc. It's super tiny and I :heart: it so much. Definitely worth the money. I did not need a new iPod as my other one functions perfectly but I just couldn't pass it up after a quick trip to the Apple store. My other iPod is used in my room, mainly at night because I like to listen to the ocean from a relaxation cd I have. So I bought speakers for it and use it every night. But my newest iPod (I also have the 1st gen U2 iPod but I wore it out. My fault, not Apple's) is by far my favorite.

I expect I'm going to love my iPhone just as much as I do every other Apple product I've ever owned. They've all performed over and above what I have expected so I know the phone will as well. :)

:hmm: I think mine was a spinal fracture not sure.

Ugh, I remember falling, hearing the crunch, and then the pain hit. That particular memory keeps popping up and I hate it. :(

Will let you know how it goes!

I :heart: my iPhone. I tried out the Android phones in the store and I found the iPhone much easier to navigate. I felt the Android was just too cluttered and had too much going on. I need things simple. :lol: Android makes great phones, they just weren't for me.
From what you've said, I tend to think yours was a spiral, too.

Thanks for the iPhone input, I've always wondered.i think that androids are more customizable, but i could be wrong? I know in the ratings for mine, on this one website, they ranked it as a minus that Facebook and Twitter didn't come preloaded. Sarah said she wished they didn't come preloaded on hers, any apps that come preloaded means that you have less choice, and she seemed to be all about app choice and downloading them herself. And who knows, maybe in a few months, I'll hate mine and be begging for an iPhone. I was just wondering.

ugh....now Wesley seems to be preoccupied with his litter box since it's in the hallway. I really don't have any place else to put it and it needs to stay out of the bathroom until we're done tomorrow. There's too many exposed wires for me to let him have free reign of that room right now. But every time I turn around he's in his box moving the litter around. Guess he must be worried someone else is going to use it now that it's out in the open. He's so goofy. Glad I put a huge sheet down under it because there's litter everywhere :happy:

ARW, you will love your iPhone. :yes:

^I accidentally posted the above while lurking in the random music thread. :doh: :lol:

Yes, Android phones are more customizable, but that wasn't an important factor for me.

I'm a massive tech-geek and I love computers. I've had a few Apples and several PC products. The PC products shit the bed way before an Apple does. My husband has burned through 2 PC based laptops from different companies. They pick up viruses easily. They fry with a blink of an eye. On MY PC based laptop, the USB ports died so no backing up via the USB or doing anything really - like update my iPod.

Let's talk customer service. My HD in an older Mac shit the bed. They replaced it for free. They have always been helpful while I get transferred over several oceans to suffer language barrier in help for setting up my router to the PC laptop.

Now, I will say that for program developers, it is easier to develop programs for PCs. So many downloading/burning/converting/ripping programs favor PCs. But Apple products do exit and tend to be more stable.

Then there is Time Machine which is the easiest way to pack up your computer. No copying files to your backup HD one by one. It happens for you while you watch TV or while you fuck about on IF.

And that is why I puffy heart my Apple products.

I make out with them frequently.

No, I don't.

Yes, I do...

No, not really....

Maybe.

After owning PC's for years and now a Mac for about 2 1/2 years I can say that PC/Windows suck more than I thought while I used them. My Mac is the most perfect machine I've ever used. It does everything for me, never crashed, freezes, locks up, reboots, loses my info, or does any other rotten thing I was subjected to while a PC user. Oh and no need for a virus protection either. That was one huge issue with my last computer. Always got viruses on "safe" sites and the virus protection took 10 minutes to load so starting up my previous computer was a 15-20 min process, even when it was new. My Macbook starts and is online within seconds. I can't explain how much I truly love my Macbook and how it was well worth the $1000 I spent on it. I will only ever use Apple products again when buying a computer. But since my Macbook is so perfect I can't see anything happening to it anytime soon where I'd have to replace it.

Then there's my iPod. I freaking love my iPod. I have a few of them but my newest, the latest generation Nano, is by far the coolest damn thing ever. It's tiny, has a touch screen, radio, a clip to clip on to me making it hands free at the gym, not to mention there's a built in personal trainer section that will tell me how many calories I've burned, steps I've walked, distance, time, etc. It's super tiny and I :heart: it so much. Definitely worth the money. I did not need a new iPod as my other one functions perfectly but I just couldn't pass it up after a quick trip to the Apple store. My other iPod is used in my room, mainly at night because I like to listen to the ocean from a relaxation cd I have. So I bought speakers for it and use it every night. But my newest iPod (I also have the 1st gen U2 iPod but I wore it out. My fault, not Apple's) is by far my favorite.

I expect I'm going to love my iPhone just as much as I do every other Apple product I've ever owned. They've all performed over and above what I have expected so I know the phone will as well. :)

*wants a new pc* :sad:

Eh, I edited. Not an earth-shattering or juicy quote if they saw it anyways. :lol:

I was able to get mine because I got a week of vacation pay when my year anniversary rolled around at my old job last year. It's definitely worth saving up for.

See, I've never had those issues with a PC, ever. I can't totally attribute it to only going to smart, non-infected websites, but I do tend toward the techy side, and keep up with what is the best, most current and least memory-hogging antivirus software, etc. The only time my computer has ever frozen in recent memory, a few times because of Firefox (that was totally the fault of the browser, I now use Chrome and it's not happened since), or the one time when I discovered I had a bad stick of RAM, which can happen in any computer. In that case, I replaced it. When my last laptop went, it was because of the power supply, it was 3 years old, and I determined that it was more cost effective to replace it rather than fix it, which it would not have been, had I bought a Mac.

Not trying to argue, just pointing out that in my experience, I've been fine with PCs, I know how to set them up to minimize issues, and the extremely rare time I've had issues, I know how to fix it quickly. And, I do not use high end pc laptops, I could go through three PC laptops for what one iMac would cost me, so PC is the right choice for me. :)

I've never had any real issues with PC's either. I'm not super loyal to any one kind, but Macbooks are just too damn expensive, so I've stayed with PC's for most of the time.

If anyone can sell me, I'm totally open, but so far, I just don't get it.

I think it was this that caused the sales pitch.

Hey, if you like PCs, then great. I have been able to fix some of the PCs my husband has busted. He just doesn't break Apples as easily. I just HATE Windows 7 too.

But I work on a PC so I'm a multi-platform gal. Giggidy giggidy.

VintagePunk said:
Awesome, you'll have to say hello to her for me, because I have to go to bed in like three minutes, to get up for work tomorrow. :angry: :sad:

But I'm on vacation next week, so we can post all night! :wink:

:madwife:

I think it was this that caused the sales pitch.

Hey, if you like PCs, then great. I have been able to fix some of the PCs my husband has busted. He just doesn't break Apples as easily. I just HATE Windows 7 too.

But I work on a PC so I'm a multi-platform gal. Giggidy giggidy.

I was just talking about my experience in computers - PC vs. Macs. I have absolutely no experience in phones, or what makes one better than the other.

I've worked on Macs as well...never owned one, but eons ago I worked on them. I`m sure I could still find my way around one now, if needed.

See, I've never had those issues with a PC, ever. I can't totally attribute it to only going to smart, non-infected websites, but I do tend toward the techy side, and keep up with what is the best, most current and least memory-hogging antivirus software, etc. The only time my computer has ever frozen in recent memory, a few times because of Firefox (that was totally the fault of the browser, I now use Chrome and it's not happened since), or the one time when I discovered I had a bad stick of RAM, which can happen in any computer. In that case, I replaced it. When my last laptop went, it was because of the power supply, it was 3 years old, and I determined that it was more cost effective to replace it rather than fix it, which it would not have been, had I bought a Mac.

Not trying to argue, just pointing out that in my experience, I've been fine with PCs, I know how to set them up to minimize issues, and the extremely rare time I've had issues, I know how to fix it quickly. And, I do not use high end pc laptops, I could go through three PC laptops for what one iMac would cost me, so PC is the right choice for me. :)

If you buy Applecare they will fix everything for free (except for liquid spills) for however long you chose to buy the plan. Everyone I know always has problems with PCs. My parents bought a new one about 5 years ago, no protection plan at Best Buy where they bought it, and less than 2 years later it died. Both have computer access at work so they just bought it to have one in the house so it's not like they used it all day everyday like I use mine. I can't remember what was wrong with it but for the amount they used it, it should still be functioning to this day because it was really never used. It had all of the current software and virus updates but it basically just blew up on them one day. They bought an iPad about 18 months ago and both have said they can't imagine life without it now.

PCs also always spend a long time waiting for things to install/load. If I got a new camera or printer for a PC I'd have to install the software but with a Mac, all you do is plug it in and it will ask you to confirm you're using the product and it knows instantly how to use it.

I know Apple products are a lot of money but so far I haven't been given a reason by any of my Apple items as to why I shouldn't have spent that much money on them. I want things to run fast, efficiently, and to be long lasting so if that means I have to spend a little more then that's fine with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom