"People are fed up with us and so are we"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Coldplay are annoying. Their music is in no way new or inventive or anything good at all. Ok, I'll admit I like that song Clocks. Other than that they suck. Kind of like Oasis, I can't put my finger on why I hate them so much, but I do. I hate this crap about them talking about U2 so much as if they're going to ever reach U2's greatness. It's kind of like Justin Timberlake imitating Prince and Micael Jackson. He'll never be as good. He's better than Coldplay, though.

Last edited:
comment from youtube I just read:

Does anyone else keep thinking its Red Hill instead of Violet hill. They try and sound like U2 and now their songs are confusing me too. "I took my love down to Violet Hill" , "Lets go down to Red Hill"??? Cant keep them straight

:hmm:

I can't help but get a little frustrated with this band...It's becoming more and more clear and blatent....seriously, wtf

And they had a song called 'Yellow' and the Beatles did 'Yellow Submarine' . So they're ripping the Beatles as well. seriously, wtf

"It was Brian's ide to work with us" - as said by Chris Martin in yesterday's NME.

...don't know if that's been posted already but let's say THAT argument's now dead and buried!

Rob33 said:

Does anyone else keep thinking its Red Hill instead of Violet hill. They try and sound like U2 and now their songs are confusing me too. "I took my love down to Violet Hill" , "Lets go down to Red Hill"??? Cant keep them straight

:banghead:

It's "lights go down" on red hill... not let's go down.

So Bono copied himself on Vertigo ZOMG!!!!1111

:rolleyes:

Tizer said:
And they had a song called 'Yellow' and the Beatles did 'Yellow Submarine' . So they're ripping the Beatles as well. seriously, wtf

Hahaha

Oooh just found another one! Coldplay sang God put a smile upon your face which is clearly a rip off of the Backstreet Boys' God must have spent a little more time on you which is clearly a rip off of Beach Boys God only knows what I'd do without you!

:shame:

:|

Seriously guys... Do you not have anything better to do with your time? Really?

I wonder if fans of other bands get this bent out of shape every time some other artist sounds similar... :hmm:

Beatles fans must not be able to sleep at night...

The Sad Punk said:

Isn't it this stuff that swells up in your gums if you've drank too many Red Bulls or something?

nah, I think that is called 'gangrene'...

Zootlesque said:

It's "lights go down" on red hill... not let's go down.

So Bono copied himself on Vertigo ZOMG!!!!1111

:rolleyes:

aaaaactuallyyyy.......

the last verse of RHMT:

Hanging on
Let's go out on Red Hill
Let's go down on Red Hill
Let's go down on Red Hill Town

but ok this is a bit neurotic on my part, Coldplay is great :)

Rob33 said:
but ok this is a bit neurotic on my part, Coldplay is great :)

the fact that you admit you have a problem is the first step to recovery :wink:

Seriously though, I understand the slight as a fan to think someone is ripping off something you love but this has always gone on since the beginning of music :shrug:

What I find the most ironic is the title of this thread:

People are fed up with us and so are we

No offence intended but are we talking about Coldplay here or the people posting in this thread?

Rob33 said:

aaaaactuallyyyy.......

the last verse of RHMT:

Hanging on
Let's go out on Red Hill
Let's go down on Red Hill Town

:tsk:

http://www.at u2.com/lyrics/lyrics.src?VID=16&SID=333

blueeyedgirl said:

You're telling me that in 1981 U2 were more famous than the Bunnymen????? :lol:

I'm STILL laughing over Aygo's comment! :lol: If only fate had been a little kinder to Mac and Co in the late 80s...

Not to be age-ist, or whatever, but there are only a very few here myself included that were even around and old enough to know what was what in 1981, so the whole thing is a bit funny imo :shrug:

gvox said:
Not to be age-ist, or whatever, but there are only a very few here myself included that were even around and old enough to know what was what in 1981, so the whole thing is a bit funny imo :shrug:

I was born in 1987. Even I know that Echo and the Bunnymen were more popular than U2 were in the early 80s. So Aygo is incorrect in stating "they don't have not even half the worldwide projection that U2 does (even that U2 did at the time)."

No need to get defensive, I know what he as saying is not accurate, I'm just saying it's funny when people argue about stuff that was long past when they were even old enough to know about it. Kindof like me arguing about who was the more popular 60s artist or whatever, I just wouldn't because I wasn't around then to have seen it myself :shrug:

You know what would make good discussion for this thread? City of Blinding Lights... the song that U2 wrote after getting inspired by Coldplay.

:corn:

gvox said:
No need to get defensive, I know what he as saying is not accurate, I'm just saying it's funny when people argue about stuff that was long past when they were even old enough to know about it. Kindof like me arguing about who was the more popular 60s artist or whatever, I just wouldn't because I wasn't around then to have seen it myself :shrug:

It doesn't matter if you weren't around to see it for yourself. Is it funny when modern historians argue about some event in the distant past? Fact is fact. :shrug: If people make statements that contradict fact, other people will call them out on it.

Anyway, this thread is just getting silly now. Case in point:

Rob33 said:

:hmm:

I can't help but get a little frustrated with this band...It's becoming more and more clear and blatent....seriously, wtf

This is a chance for everyone who's never listened to Echo and the Bunnymen to cleanse themselves of their sins. Off be you! And get a bite of Turquoise Nights, Rescue, The Cutter, With a Hip, The Killing Moon, It was a Pleasure, and Ocean Rain. Or I will plagiate your asses.

Last edited:
Zootlesque said:
Haha Gibby I banged my head too! Did you see my response?

Indeed, I did. :wink: Think we should post the lyrics to Eclipse? I can see it now... "OMG, they ripped off Walk On!"

GibsonGirl said:

Indeed, I did. :wink: Think we should post the lyrics to Eclipse? I can see it now... "OMG, they ripped off Walk On!"

Yes!!!! Pink Floyd went back to the future and ripped Bono off! The nerve!!!11

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom