Peep-o-Day, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just messing with Britt. You don't live with her so you don't understand. She's been running around the house with this message on repeat for the last three days.

You know what, youre just jealous that Im going into the Navy and Im gonna travel all over the world for free and help people while Im doing it, plus Im gonna meet lots of new people and have lots of fun all while being a nurse, which is what i want to do too, so bite me!
icon22.gif

Bonnie, if you don't mind me asking, what was the motivation for going vegan, and what was the reason for going back?

I wasn't vegan, I went vegetarian. I could never go vegan, not worth the effort in my opinion.

Well, basically I was eating a lot of vegetarian foods anyway (my brother's been vegetarian for 10 years and I live with him) and at one point I realised I hadn't eaten meat for a week, and I thought, hey let's see how far I can go. So that's six or seven months, and I didn't really have any problems with keeping it up. If anything, it was really difficult to get in a mindset to eat meat again.

sorry for the double wave, it wouldn't load my new post so i thought it hadn't done it. anyway, i'm good, enjoying home, long time no see for some of you like axver. how's everyone's 2009?

I wasn't vegan, I went vegetarian. I could never go vegan, not worth the effort in my opinion.

Well, basically I was eating a lot of vegetarian foods anyway (my brother's been vegetarian for 10 years and I live with him) and at one point I realised I hadn't eaten meat for a week, and I thought, hey let's see how far I can go. So that's six or seven months, and I didn't really have any problems with keeping it up. If anything, it was really difficult to get in a mindset to eat meat again.

Ah, right.

Did you find it changed your psychological mindset in any way? I remember wearing an interview with Mad Bob where he mentioned going vegetarian made him a different person.

i am gonna be a vegetarian cause i'm too poor to buy meat, i think. except i'll eat meat whenever someone else buys it or if i can get it on sale. but a friend of mine who's veg became one because meat was expensive and he used to get lunch every day at a burrito place and the veggie one came with free guac but the meat ones you had to pay extra for guac.

sorry for the double wave, it wouldn't load my new post so i thought it hadn't done it. anyway, i'm good, enjoying home, long time no see for some of you like axver. how's everyone's 2009?

Ooh, are you home now?

2009 has been fairly dull, so far... just like 2008.

Ah, right.

Did you find it changed your psychological mindset in any way? I remember wearing an interview with Mad Bob where he mentioned going vegetarian made him a different person.

Mad Bob went vegetarian? I thought he just lived on cream puffs anyway.

No, not in anyway I recognise, do you know what he could have been referring to in particular?

i am gonna be a vegetarian cause i'm too poor to buy meat, i think. except i'll eat meat whenever someone else buys it or if i can get it on sale. but a friend of mine who's veg became one because meat was expensive and he used to get lunch every day at a burrito place and the veggie one came with free guac but the meat ones you had to pay extra for guac.

Buy meat on its expiry date and it should be heavily discounted, then just stuff it in the freezer.

You know what, youre just jealous that Im going into the Navy and Im gonna travel all over the world for free and help people while Im doing it, plus Im gonna meet lots of new people and have lots of fun all while being a nurse, which is what i want to do too, so bite me!
icon22.gif

:love:

I don't even know what taurine is. I don't want to. I imagine it as being something that can power helicopters.

All I know is that they fed it to US soldiers in Viet Nam to keep them awake and it fucked them up. Admittedly, they probably got a much higher dose, but still.

All I know is that they fed it to US soldiers in Viet Nam to keep them awake and it fucked them up. Admittedly, they probably got a much higher dose, but still.

Apparently it comes from bull testicles. I guess the last line has some counseling ability, though.

Taurine in the pharmaceutical and lab setting is synthesized through a combination of cysteine, methionine and vitamin E. It is naturally produced in testicles of many mammals. Urban legends surrounding the source of taurine have included bull urine extract and bull semen. While it's true that taurine is found in both sources, it is not the source of taurine in the pharmaceutical or food industry. And while taurine is sometimes extracted from the intestines of cattle, many food industry sources, including the popular energy drink Red Bull,[9] make efforts to use synthesized sources that are vegetarian friendly.

Oh, and it's really important to cats, or something. And it hasn't even been proven to give energy to humans. What the hell? Why is it even in there?

[has another sip of Rockstar anyway]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom