Pearl Jam Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll be shooting for Wistah and Hartford, still debating on GA vs reserved, leaning towards reserved just because they basically have said you have a better chance to land tix that way (and thats how it played out with the Wrigley show, many who chose GA as first option were shut out, most who chose reserved as first option got tix).
I just fear that instead of 3rd or 4th row as has been the bnorm since they instituted the row 1 & 2 lottery (they need to stop with these damn lotteries) that I'll be a few rows behind the pit whereas I think lower bowl by the stage would be better in that scenario...who knows.
Can it be 2003 again?

In reality, I'll probably be trying for Worcester with one hand on my computer and Hartford on my iPad with the other hand.

I knew they'd put the NYC shows on a weekend I'm going away... seems to always work that way of late.

I will be on town that Friday night though so out in for reserve tickets at Barclay's. Will be a painful flight the next day...

I have to go out west for a week already in November and was hoping a date or two would line up... alas, no dice. May still try for Hartford... would just need to find someone to go with.

I'm assuming there will be legs three and four come 2014.

PJ 10c vs U2 fan club

Am I the only one who thinks U2's fan club ticketing system is far superior to the 10c? I got shut out of Wrigley because I, too, put GA as my first preference for tickets. I live in Illinois and there were no Midwestern dates added to the fall tour outside of Oklahoma City. If I didn't have a Pearl Jam friend who happened to have an extra pair of tickets, I wouldn't be going to any Pearl Jam shows at all this year. I know a lot of people who weren't as fortunate as me.

I always get tickets through U2's fan club. ALWAYS. And I don't even sign up for the fan club until a new album comes out, when I know there will be a tour to justify the cost of being a fan club member!

I'd rather camp out for two days at a ticket window somewhere than deal with this lottery process.

Prior to the lottery being instituted, Pearl Jam probably had the best fan club system, problem is word got around and the membership became too large and their servers couldn't handle the traffic selling the tix. This lottery system? I'll let you know my thoughts Monday, but so far I'm not a fan. But up until about 2011 best fan club ticketing system there was by far.

If they would tour more and not do these one offs like PJ 20 and Wrigley, the demand (outside of NYC and a few other areas) wouldn't have necessitated the change to the lottery.

I can't imagine any fan club being shittier than u2's fan club for the vertigo tour.

I'm sure there are, I'm just not sure how the best tickets I can pull up the second pre-sale goes up are the 95 dollar nosebleeds. I still don't think there should be such a thing as 95 nosebleed seats, but that's beside the point.

Sounds like Pearl Jam.

Sounds like dudes in their late 40s making punk rock. It's not great, but it's fun. I like it.

I'm glad to see it's just as unimaginative as anything else from their last two albums. Maybe I won't even need to bother listening to this one. :up:

I like it, actually. Sounds like Spin the Black Circle but with a slightly prettier melody.

The album title, I dunno.

I'm glad to see it's just as unimaginative as anything else from their last two albums. Maybe I won't even need to bother listening to this one. :up:

I share part of your frustration, but the two albums before those were even less imaginative.

This new song could have appeared on anything they've done post-2000 and not sound particularly out of place.

Pearl Jam always turns out something listenable, but they've had no essential albums since Yield. And sadly that was like 15 years ago. I'm sure there are many who feel the same way about U2, but there you have it.

New single is okay. I actually really loved The Fixer to be honest, and most of Backspacer was pretty good.

Fair to say I'm much more excited about a potential tour, but a new album is cool too.

Meh...

I've never been a fan of PJ's "punk" songs, but then again I don't skip over all of them either, but I've always found them to produce some truly great songs on every album.

I happen to love Riot Act, but it's probably the last album I'll listen to of theirs all the way through. The last two albums I could maybe put together for one good album.

But Lightning Bolt? The album names and artwork since Riot Act I have to say have been some of the worst ever. :|

I like it :shrug: it's not groundbreaking and amazing, but it's better than world wide suicide (pretty sure that was the last single I heard).

Back
Top Bottom