Paris Setlist party 18-09-10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sitting in an internet cafe outside Gare du Nord in Paris. I'm ticketless for tonight's show and it looked nigh impossible to get in. I was loitering down at the Stade de France from 1pm till 7pm. There were gazillions of people looking for tix ("je cherche 2 places" x beaucoup) and none to be found, so I left it. Still bad vibes there for Irish footie fans. I wonder if Bono will mention Thierry's handiwork.

There were GA queues at more than four gates, no idea if they opened at the same time but the entry looked pretty shambolic outside the gates.

Btw, I didn't hear All I Want Is You soundchecked. Maybe Dallas played a few notes but I'm sure U2 didn't rehearse it. I could see onto the stage for what passed for the band's soundcheck through a narrow gap in the stadium wall behind the stage. Although I wasn't there for the full soundcheck I'm sure I still would have noticed AIWIY.

I met a Dutch guy who met Bono outside the band's hotel today. Apparently there was a crowd of over 100 people there. One guy with a Bono tattoo on his back got Bono to autograph his back, and this will be now made into another tattoo. The Dutch guy showed me his video of this. It may surface on YouTube in the next few days.

Anyway, enjoy the setlist party!

Thanks for the info Cathal!

Stade de France has 6 GA entrances, with 2 opening at least 15 minutes earlier than the other four. Pretty fucking ridiculous if you ask me. :|

U2start Bono and Larry are spotted inside, just rehearsed PITNOL, Streets and.. All I Want Is You.
about 8 hours ago via U2start (Remy)
Reply Retweet
8 hours ago, that's around noon. So perhaps it was rehearsed before you got there?

I hope they haven't settled on NS being the new song they play every night. I like EBW, Mercy, and even Glast more than that one. :reject:

I met a Dutch guy who met Bono outside the band's hotel today. Apparently there was a crowd of over 100 people there.

What I wanna know is - how do all these people find out what hotel they are staying at?? :huh:

:wave: morning lovelies . . . :yawn: . . . here's hoping there's lots of leather and lunacy this morning . .. until then I bought the brekky / morning tea / afternoon tea . . . take your pick

BaroquePastries.jpg

and some cafe con leche to wash it all down :drool:

PUDIN-CON-CAFE-CON-LECHE.jpg

and did I read they sound checked All I Want is You . . . :heart:

:wave: :hug:

What I wanna know is - how do all these people find out what hotel they are staying at?? :huh:

They usually stay at the same hotel each time they're there. And across Europe at hotels from the same chain. I could make an educated guess where they stay in Paris without knowing.

Got your whip ready today Ms Lila :flirt: . . .oooooooh CK, comin' over to the French side . .. I like it :sexywink:

< so which, of the new tracks are we speculating will be heard this evening? I have a soft spot for EBW but wouldn't mind hearing Glastonbury again . . . :)

EDIT - what time is show time <lazy> :reject:

Is there a certain time to break out the whip Purple?
BTW, I may have to run a quick drop-off of the child during the party. :grumpy: :happy:

But what about the setlist pic from this morning???? It only said IWF, Mercy, North Star, MOTD an HMTMKMKM (besides 'the usual') it didn't mention any of the new soundchecked songs.......
It's either a fake setlist or we (Brussels I) will get lucky?

they're going to cover the Match Of The Day theme tune? :ohmy:

u2gigs Soundcheck reports today are Pride, Streets, AIWIY (!), and crew doing Mercy and Desire.

u2gigs Matt may not be tweeting, but this is Ax checking in, and I will do my best to keep you folks informed!
5 minutes ago via U2gigs (Ax)
So Ax just used the same tweets we already had. Nothing confirmed sadly.

Is there a certain time to break out the whip Purple?
BTW, I may have to run a quick drop-off of the child during the party. :grumpy: :happy:

ah booooo to real life interruptions :rant: and as for ze whip . . . anytime is a good time :flirt: :drool:

they're going to cover the Match Of The Day theme tune? :ohmy:

:lol: . . . love it . . . and did I read DESIRE *thud*

atu2comSherry Take that back - more reports claim HUGE crush in GA, too many fans, not enough room, local security doing nothing about it. #U2360paris
9 minutes ago via TweetDeck
Retweeted by U2log and 1 other

:| Have these morons learned NOTHING AT ALL from last year? This is the exact same clusterfuck. The pit was like a can of sardines. you had about 30x30 cm(1x1ft) for yourself, couldn't sit down or whatever and could barely BREATHE in there.

u2gigs Sounds like Stade de France learnt nothing from last year and the entry chaos and cramped, crushed crowd are being repeated.
less than a minute ago via U2gigs (Ax)
:wink: Great minds think alike.

:| Have these morons learned NOTHING AT ALL from last year? This is the exact same clusterfuck. The pit was like a can of sardines. you had about 30x30 cm(1x1ft) for yourself, couldn't sit down or whatever and could barely BREATHE in there.

:uhoh: that sounds messy . . . hope no one gets badly hurt :( that is just no fun at all

fools never differ :wink:
Nice to see you around too. :wink:

Hello everyone :wave:

Have you heard nothing about the support act being on stage yet?

:wave: G'day.

I haven't heard anything on twitter yet, but they shoudl've been onstage over an hour ago! It should be 20 minutes till showtime.

U2start Interpol, the band I know from U2's Mojo CD.
28 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone

Not sure if that is a confirmation they were on stage...

Back
Top Bottom