Horsens II Setlist party Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wonder if they just lowered the screen during COBL, if they skipped TUF? Was it already lowered at the start of COBL for it to do its sparkly confetti effect?

Jesus Christ, Bono nailed the bridge. I'm pretty sure this is the best version of the song ever. Soooo good to have Ultraviolet back. :heart:

Wow... HMTMKMKM, Ultraviolet, WOWY, MoS... that's a pretty beefy encore! Would love to get that in Anaheim :drool: Don't like that they dropped the Unforgettable Fire, though! Get rid of Elevation instead...

I only wrote: "Boring setlist"

If that's brainless bitching according to you, I must say that you are the brainless one....cause you know...everybody can't always love the setlist, and if they don't it's not bitching....:doh:

i think the mods have said more than once to move on here.. So let's try that shall we?

I seriously think this is one of the best damn performances Bono has given on this song. The whole thing is fantastic, but starting at 3:24....he just freakin' nails everything unbelievably. :drool:

I am looking forward to the bootleg just for the encore.:hyper:

Yeah, I think I'm just going to dump the encore onto my iPhone when the bootleg comes out. I'm happy with my Torino bootleg for the rest of the show (it has North Star, TUF, and UTEOTW, which this show lacks).

I seriously think this is one of the best damn performances Bono has given on this song. The whole thing is fantastic, but starting at 3:24....he just freakin' nails everything unbelievably. :drool:

:crack: I've listened to it so far tonight from my laptop speakers, with my headphones :shiver: :shiver: :shiver:, again from the laptop to show Kelly, and once more with the headphones for the 3:24 bit that you pointed out. :drool: :combust: That is one solid eargasm-inducing vocal :yes: FO SHO. I need an oxygen tank & a change of clothes. Mine are all sweaty for some reason... :confused: :lol:

:crack: I've listened to it so far tonight from my laptop speakers, with my headphones :shiver: :shiver: :shiver:, again from the laptop to show Kelly, and once more with the headphones for the 3:24 bit that you pointed out. :drool: :combust: That is one solid eargasm-inducing vocal :yes: FO SHO. I need an oxygen tank & a change of clothes. Mine are all sweaty for some reason... :confused: :lol:

It's actually from 3:15 on.......that he really just blows it away.:drool:
I was a little excited when I first posted that but now after watching 20x, I got the time down.

Actually, I wonder if Amazing Grace is listed as an intro to Streets on the official setlist. I'd guess that it is.

The latest printed sets I've seen haven't even included it, while some older ones have had it in smaller than normal font.

I still believe it only constitutes a snippet, as its performance is not as an independent song; it is just a link between One and Streets. Whether it should be counted as a snippet for One or Streets I think is the bigger uncertainty ... I'm going with Streets partly because the organ starts during it and that Bono uses it to build up to Edge beginning the Streets guitar, and partly because quite frankly it's what we've all been doing already and I'd rather stick with that than change a heap of sets for something so trivial!

What I'm more concerned about is whether One/Streets should be counted as an encore or not. This has been unclear for the entire tour, and again, some printed sets conflict with others.

I'd rather stick with that than change a heap of sets for something so trivial!

I'll call off the Facebook campaign then :)

What I'm more concerned about is whether One/Streets should be counted as an encore or not. This has been unclear for the entire tour, and again, some printed sets conflict with others.

Good question. It's not an encore because there's no discernible gap between Walk On and the Tutu speech for the crowd to roar "MORE!" It is an encore because all the band leave the stage for a brief break. Hope this clears it up :)

Yeah, I think I'm just going to dump the encore onto my iPhone when the bootleg comes out. I'm happy with my Torino bootleg for the rest of the show (it has North Star, TUF, and UTEOTW, which this show lacks).
Agreed, though I have Hannover instead of Torino. :)

The latest printed sets I've seen haven't even included it, while some older ones have had it in smaller than normal font.

I still believe it only constitutes a snippet, as its performance is not as an independent song; it is just a link between One and Streets. Whether it should be counted as a snippet for One or Streets I think is the bigger uncertainty ... I'm going with Streets partly because the organ starts during it and that Bono uses it to build up to Edge beginning the Streets guitar, and partly because quite frankly it's what we've all been doing already and I'd rather stick with that than change a heap of sets for something so trivial!

Thank you for clearing that up Ax. I think it should count as intro to streets as it, as you said, has the organ in it. It just segues into Streets, and isn't really connected to One asides from Bono still wearing his guitar.

Well it's a mini sort of encore, as they go offstage during the Tutu speech. But it's still part of the main setlist I think.

In Houston, a couple of casual fans who I had been talking to asked me if there was "another encore" after Streets, so evidently they considered One/Streets an encore.

Yeah, I'll just add THIS encore to my nano playlist of the Torino boot. This encore was stunning.
Edit: On second thought...maybe I'll d/l the Hannover one and then add this. Hannover has a better Discotheque snippet... :hmm:

(Now, they need to drop the MLK/Walk On/Tutu/One section so we can get back TUF, UTEOTW, and maybe get NLOTH back, and then we'll have an amazing setlist.)

(Now, they need to drop the MLK/Walk On/Tutu/One section so we can get back TUF, UTEOTW, and maybe get NLOTH back, and then we'll have an amazing setlist.)

They could keep the Tutu speech somewhere (or not), but other than that, I am totally on board with this.

Walk On is a great song, but it hasn't really done it for me this tour.

As I think someone said earlier, it doesn't compare to closing out the Elevation shows.

In my humble opinion, this setlist has the distinction of having one of worst main sets and one of the best encores ever. And that is one amazing version of Ultra Violet there.

Back
Top Bottom