Paris #4 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AccorHotels Arena (Bercy) - Paris, France - December 7, 2015

---------- People Have the Power ----------
01 - The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
02 - Vertigo
03 - I Will Follow / Mother (snippet)
04 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
05 - Cedarwood Road

I could see cutting one of the first few songs, as it's less important to the narrative of the show than something like Song For Someone.

I'd rather see them ditch Vertigo, but hell, that ain't gonna happen.

EDIT: What RoKKer said.

It's all good. Super excited to watch it tonight. Having a few friends over.

Remember Paris 1&2? (I was there) - they cut slot 2 and Sweetest Thing the first night, played them the 2nd night but they were cut from the HBO Pro-Shot that leaked. I think it is a time limit thing with HBO - and my bet is the HBO broadcast may end on karaoke One even though the encore will extend from there.

They weren't going to cut any song that uses the screen, and they aren't going to cut Vertigo or IWF for the broadcast, so we get screwed and the rotational slot gets cut.

The song to cut, in my opinion, is right at the other end of the set: WOWY.

Sure it's a big hit bla bla bla, but this is already a hit-heavy set and Pride neatly concludes a segment of songs. WOWY has always felt tacked on in that position and if you've been to a U2 show before or seen a live video the odds are ridiculously good you've already experienced it live. It's completely expendable.

02 - Vertigo
05 - Cedarwood Road
06 - Song for Someone

Well...off to my 12:30 final, good thing I don't have any finals tomorrow so I can focus my energies on watching the HBO broadcast tonight instead of studying

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Well...off to my 12:30 final, good thing I don't have any finals tomorrow so I can focus my energies on watching the HBO broadcast tonight instead of studying
This is probably the first semester where I haven't had any finals. They've just been group projects, which could be better or worse.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Reminds me of all the fun I have to look forward to next week... Good luck!

02 - Vertigo
05 - Cedarwood Road
06 - Song for Someone
07 - Sunday Bloody Sunday

I'd ditch Beautiful Day.

Still like MW, and while I'm tired of WOWY, I've liked it on this tour, and the crowd participation is great with the OH OH OH bits at the end. Fun to keep in for a broadcast.

PEOPLE HAVE THE POWER!

Never been more true. I've been singing it constantly today.

Not going to listen to the show but will follow the setlist, can't believe the tour has come to and end.

:up:

Made the Canadian news! So happy to see this flash across my screen at work...

IMG_20151207_091156.jpg

I'd ditch Beautiful Day.

Still like MW, and while I'm tired of WOWY, I've liked it on this tour, and the crowd participation is great with the OH OH OH bits at the end. Fun to keep in for a broadcast.

WOWY is my mom's favorite and she thinks it's U2's best song.

I think MW lost its magic after dropping that extended solo. and there are other dance-able tunes in U2 catalog, give them a chance, you know?

02 - Vertigo
05 - Cedarwood Road
06 - Song for Someone
07 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
08 - Raised by Wolves

Back
Top Bottom