OZ/NZ - We have tickets, No Dates..and still waiting(patiently)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
im finding that having been drinking since about 2pm is helping!
I f only i didnt have to get up at 5.30am tommorrow!

Still Hothouse Flowers and Daniel Lanios next week!

reptile said:
im finding that having been drinking since about 2pm is helping!
I f only i didnt have to get up at 5.30am tommorrow!

Still Hothouse Flowers and Daniel Lanios next week!

Yeah I found that helped ease the pain somewhat :(

Liam at the Gov next week :hyper:

Is it sad when you hear Kayne West on the radio and say "I would of seen him tomorrow night even though I really didn't want to!!!" I would of been heading to Sydney tomorrow.....:sad:

I sit at home with the DVD player on and U2 live in Chicago and had a look at my ticket that said Friday 31st March........hmmmph:sad: :( :sigh:

Received this news email from @u2.com. For what it's worth: :wink:

NOVEMBER DATES 'CONFIRMED,' NOT ANNOUNCED
March 31, 2006
posted by: m2

Utours.com forum user kramwest1 points out an update on the Ericsson
Stadium (NZ) web site which suggests the new dates are now
"confirmed," but not yet able to be announced.

http://www.ericssonstadium.co.nz/events/detail.asp?record_set_id=2

(ETS: I see a thread has already been started about this while I was reading. )

Last edited:
'ello...

I was reading the Brisbane's Courier Mail yesterday that Premier Beattie has lifted the ban on concerts being performed at Suncorp Stadium. There was legislation preventing such things at the venue but it was scrapped in parliament yesterday to allow a benefit show for the Cyclone Larry Relief. The report said it now means any rock show could be held there!

Some of you may remember I went on a little crusade last year about this as I was (still am!) very opposed to using ANZ Stadium (sorry...QSAC).

This is our chance! What should we do? I think I will email Coppel and inform them. Changing venue isnt THAT big of a deal, it happens lots!

Thoughts...

bono_man said:
'ello...

I was reading the Brisbane's Courier Mail yesterday that Premier Beattie has lifted the ban on concerts being performed at Suncorp Stadium. There was legislation preventing such things at the venue but it was scrapped in parliament yesterday to allow a benefit show for the Cyclone Larry Relief. The report said it now means any rock show could be held there!

Some of you may remember I went on a little crusade last year about this as I was (still am!) very opposed to using ANZ Stadium (sorry...QSAC).

This is our chance! What should we do? I think I will email Coppel and inform them. Changing venue isnt THAT big of a deal, it happens lots!

Thoughts...

I know what you're saying but there's no chance of it happening. Ticketmaster have already confirmed that venues will be the same as they were for the March dates, no exceptions.

How about a second Brisbane date, this one at Suncorp? :wink:

You know, they probably could sell out a second Brisbane date, which just amazes me considering how I was so skeptical about U2 even being able to crawl to a single sellout in Brisbane before tickets went on sale.

bono_man said:

Thoughts...

Are the two stadiums owned by the same people? Do they both operate with the same ticketing agency? Right down to all the details - same catering company, cleaners etc? I'd like to see you wrestle a 50K sell out concert with all the extra money it generates for all of those people away from one group to another with no better reason then "I'd like it better".

ChargedVT said:
Have a look at the Ticketmaster website...
Do a search for the U2 concerts and they all have a date next to them! However its same date on all of them - November 30.
Got excited for a minute there
It's been like that for a couple of weeks now; it's just a means of keeping the dates on the calendar in the event that there is an imminent announcement. As long as I'm being such a party pooper, has that announcement on the Ericsson Stadium website really changed at all? What it says now looks exactly like what it has said from the beginning; I don't believe that the wording has changed in any way. I honestly don't mean to be insensitive to the plight of the ill family member in question, but it's time to either s**t or get off the pot, as they say. How about just an announcement to officially say, "Hey, the dates are coming, it's just taking a little while to work everything out..." One simple message like that and everything is fine. I guess it's too easy and makes too much sense, so it will never happen!

TampaDan said:
How about just an announcement to officially say, "Hey, the dates are coming, it's just taking a little while to work everything out..." One simple message like that and everything is fine. I guess it's too easy and makes too much sense, so it will never happen!

Yeah, an announcement like that would be good. I'd like something official that simply confirms they are coming back, and preferably a little addition like "we are aiming to schedule the new dates in the last three months of 2006" or something of the sort if indeed they are having trouble working out new dates.

Whatever the case, it's frustrating when the only statement we have is from Bono, who's notoriously not worth believing. His statement that dates could be confirmed as soon as "tomorrow" on the Denton interview was clearly bollocks. I'd like an official statement that we can actually trust.

The latest from the rumour mill...

Fresh and hot off the Rumour Grill, these tantalizing tenderloin tidbits from Zootopia:

"Telstra Dome is booked for Fri 10th and Sat 11th November. Yay! This is confirmed with the venue with the option of another show. Sydney looks to be the following weekend. Don't know about Brisvegas or Adelaide yet. According to my source (ooh, doesn't that make me sound much more important than I am..), an announcement will be made sooner rather than later."

When asked who the source was, the poster replied:

"Hi Bunny, without wanting to sound like a complete [deleted], I'm not allowed to say! Let me just say it is very reliable info. The boys have booked the Dome from the 10th to the 17th but have only confirmed the 10th and 11th as actual concert dates with the Dome staff. I guess they were just playing it safe and have probably booked the same amount of time at other venues. Better to be safe than sorry!"

But naturally, nothing about Auckland...

Did anyone read in Saturday's Courier Mail about concerts being held at Suncorp. It had a U2 mention too! Just mentioning that they were going to have the show at QSAC until it was postponed. Also a few words from a MCP representative.

My dreams might still come true...

On another note, I just got the Sao Paulo DVD in the mail the other day...what an AMAZING show! I can just imagine what it would have been like... That Zoo Station intro with the silloutte really suprised me, if I was at the show and saw that I would have died!

One way to take the pain away is to see other artists and renew your faith in music. Aussies, go see Hothouse Flowers and Daniel Lanois while they're in the country!!!!!!!!!!

Re: The latest from the rumour mill...

TampaDan - which shows are you attending down under???

Re: The latest from the rumour mill...

TampaDan said:
Fresh and hot off the Rumour Grill, these tantalizing tenderloin tidbits from Zootopia:

"Telstra Dome is booked for Fri 10th and Sat 11th November. Yay! This is confirmed with the venue with the option of another show. Sydney looks to be the following weekend. Don't know about Brisvegas or Adelaide yet. According to my source (ooh, doesn't that make me sound much more important than I am..), an announcement will be made sooner rather than later."

When asked who the source was, the poster replied:

"Hi Bunny, without wanting to sound like a complete [deleted], I'm not allowed to say! Let me just say it is very reliable info. The boys have booked the Dome from the 10th to the 17th but have only confirmed the 10th and 11th as actual concert dates with the Dome staff. I guess they were just playing it safe and have probably booked the same amount of time at other venues. Better to be safe than sorry!"

But naturally, nothing about Auckland...

:up: This is refreshing to hear

nice. it is only the steady drip feed of rumour that is keeping me sane at the moment.

Hope they are able to confirm soon - if only so I can stop thinking about it so frequently

Re: Re: The latest from the rumour mill...

MsGiggles said:
TampaDan - which shows are you attending down under???
That's kind of a good question: if the Auckland shows are rescheduled for 1 and 2 December as one rumour has had it, then I may have to go to Melbourne instead, if ETS Tours will let me switch packages, of course. But if the Auckland shows are 3 and 4 November, then it's definitely going to be Auckland. Good thing it's not complicated or uncertain or anything like that...

adrball said:
nice. it is only the steady drip feed of rumour that is keeping me sane at the moment.

Hope they are able to confirm soon - if only so I can stop thinking about it so frequently
Only too happy to replentish your IV bag with a fresh dosage of intravenous Rumour. I prefer to have mine directly injected into my brain stem for an even more intense and immediate rush! :laugh:

I got a spread bet on with a friend re rescheduled dates. Needless to say I'm significantly down and getting worse at $5/day.

My pocket as well as my mind is craving for an announcement!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom