Orange Free State, South Africa superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LemonMelon said:

Unfortunately, the only live version out there is indeed with Bono on lead vocal. Great version IMO, but that might get under your skin.
As long as he did it decent, I'd give it a try. I'm used to Cash's baritone.

Screwtape2 said:

5 people in a group means one person has a bye each round. I'm the 5th member of Group 1 so...

I wonder if I'll get one. Probably not as I've never competed before.

Screwtape2 said:

Then explain what the problem was. :shrug:

The mix. :shrug: Not the vocals, where passion is noticeable. Everything. The vocals being too quiet volume-wise. The instruments being drowned in effects that neuter the power. The whole thing.

KhanadaRhodes said:

yeah, i hate how there wasn't the mega email or whatever with all the links so people could download everything.

i've got everyone from rounds one and two downloaded, along with irishteen/lemonchick, lmp, and lemonmelon since they emailed me their links. the only thing that's preventing me from listening to any of theirs is i don't know what round they'll be in, and i'm keeping a journal of the contestants from each round, in order.

Ahhh, so it'd be no use for me to send you my links?

the tourist said:
Ahhh, so it'd be no use for me to send you my links?
you can if you want. if i get to the extra peeps' track lists before the rest of the rounds are posted, i'll just make a sloppy copy with my scores for what i've listened to, and then just plug them in later.

phillyfan26 said:

The mix. :shrug: Not the vocals, where passion is noticeable. Everything. The vocals being too quiet volume-wise. The instruments being drowned in effects that neuter the power. The whole thing.

They had a number of takes to choose from, too. The producer could've picked poor takes. Just listen to the "Wake up!" scream from the Bitter Kiss/Junk Day mixes.

phillyfan26 said:
Friends Are Evil is the most kill-likely song you've got.

You think so? Phanan's used Jesu tracks before, I think. Though Friends Are Evil is from the rather heavily drone doom eponymous album, while I think phanan's taken stuff from the more shoegazer-influenced Conquerer album.

But yeah, it is one of the heaviest songs I know. I expect I Am The Wooden Doors and Our Illuminated Tomb to hurt me the most.

KhanadaRhodes said:

you can if you want. if i get to the extra peeps' track lists before the rest of the rounds are posted, i'll just make a sloppy copy with my scores for what i've listened to, and then just plug them in later.

I should know this, but what's your e-mail?

RegularBonoFan said:
Thanks, LM!

The guitar on this is much improved to the album version, and I'm in the minority, but I love Edge's backing vocals. It has a swagger to it all that the original didn't.

G'night, PFan. :wave:

Looking forward to hearing what you think of the playlist tomorrow. I think the final four tracks are most crucial. I'm quite proud of that part, even if Our Illuminated Tomb won't go down well.

OK, I'm about to jump back into LMP's playlist. His flow wasn't that great, so I'm not losing anything by jumping 10 songs in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom