ok LeMon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gvox

Ghost of Love
The jig is up...

I spotted these babies MONTHS ago....everyone was saying they were custom 2138s...but there is no way.

They are also not the Miu Miu

So lets hear what people know...B's been guarding them pretty carefully...my bet is these will be the ones he sports for the tour..

Attachments

• 095d7aa8.jpg
    095d7aa8.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 95
Maybe they are DnG but not the 2138. I have to ask B about this case. :) hot shades yummi

I can also imagine that those are EDUN already :D

Last edited:
For non-premiums. :)

0095d7aa8.jpg

they migth be an exclusive D &G maded for Bono...
no net in the midle of lense... and the way the frame connects to frame is diferent than mine D&G...
really can't tell!!
thanks for posting photo

just speculation here, but does anyone think the lenses might be prescription? bono hasn't parted with these glasses since the start of the promoing of the new album, except during a small part of the SYCMIOYO video. i really hope he takes them off during the tour because he looks a lot older when wearing the shades

starsgoblue said:
The 2138's do come in violet lenses....and look at the mesh legs with the 'B' on it.....I'm still saying they're custom D&G's.

Stars - I have 3 pairs of 2138s - there is NOTHING 2138 about these glasses, other than the mesh, but even that is a different type of mesh, its a different pattern. The D&Gs have mesh 'diamonds', these have mesh 'squares'. There are a few other traits of these glasses that are decidedly NOT 2138 either. The center mesh nosepiece is missing, and in its place is the more Bvlgari style nosepiece with screws into the actual lens. The shape of the lens is very different. The bar along the front of the arm, non-existent in the 2138.

The mesh is not exclusive to D&G anymore, there are a few other designers doing it now..

I've held the violet D&Gs and they are nothing like these, believe me.

Last edited:
The D&G's are a royal pain in the ass to fit comfortably on your head when wearing an army hat. Im wearing them in my avatar. But they are not for everyone. I think the MiuMiu's by Prada are super sharp. Bono wore the MiuMiu's in the 'Sometimes' video, the ipod press conference, and a lot offstage.
And just to let you all in on a little secret. If you want to know where everyone gets the Bono sunglasses from including U2mart, go to http://sunglassdesign.com
This IS the place where a lot of U2 tribute bands order theirs from. There you can get all of the D&G's styles, the new Pradas, the Bvlgaris...the whole nine yards. Just tell Mark that Rob told you to call him when you place an order & he'll take care of you.
Call Mark @ 1-866-508-2020

Back
Top Bottom