Official NLOTH Tracklisting (From U2.com)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Really people? Bagging on song titles? That's some straight up douche baggery.

I love the cover art. Talk about breaking from tradition. Reminds me a lot of Peter Saville's stuff (Joy Division, New Order).

That's what the physical release is for, I don't mind waiting until mid-Feb for a physical release for the single but I expected the digital release to be a lot more than one day before it

Oh, I've just read the one day before part on u2.com...well, you're right, that's pretty...dumb. :huh:

Fuck you guys make me laugh....they are fucking SONG TITTLES???? How can you write a song of based on the name.....jesus, U2 fans are the lamest biggest whinges ever!! (and i am one)

Shame on you !!

And that cover... what a bland image. I was hopingo for some blue and black as a theme, something like the Q mini website... U2 disappoints me again...

There goes the bitching once again when nobodies heard a song or read a verse. :rolleyes:

I actually like what they did with Crazy Tonight's title, and I'm intrigued by Stand Up Comedy.

Also, I'm encouraged that they are waiting so long to release GOYB to iTunes.

BoyOnTheHorizon said:
I didn't like it at all! i'm serious people! There are some crap titles there!

"White as snow" bleah!

way to freak out before we hear the songs!

Well, sort of. I understand what you're saying. Certainly the title of a song isn't going to affect my enjoyment of a song. Ultimately the songs should be judged on their musical content. However, there are some real clunkers for names here. One is objectively awful, and a couple more are pretty weak.

Lengthening Crazy Tonight is terrible, and as someone else noted, the total lack of logic involved is sort of shocking. That's just a head-scratching decision.

Get On Your Boots - ugh
Stand Up Comedy - ugh
Fez-Being Born - I don't think Being Born is particularly bad, but adding Fez is curious. Benefit of the doubt.

Hey folks, I'm a huge Beatles fan as well. I've read several articles from the 60's saying that people simply detested Sgt. Pepper's as a title and album cover. Revolver either. The White Album cover was also considered odd.

I find it so strange the album is called no line on the horizon and they show a photo with a blurred line on the horizon. the white frame and the grey bars are beyond cheesy- is this the best four 5 one can do, honestly?

Stand up comedy :drool: love it. best part is there's some led zep in there!

like the image, don't want a band picture this time around

I'm sure I'm not saying anything that's already been said but my opinion is that those lines are place holders. My base for this opinion is that they suck. The U2 in the corner is a copyright thing for u2.com. They didn't say this IS the album cover. They said "the album cover artwork is an image..." so they'll prob throw the title up there.

I also don't get why they'd lengthen the title. Seems silly. From a design standpoint, in comparison to the rest of the titles on the album, the artwork will look a bit off.

I thought i read somewhere in one of these threads that the single will be on iTunes UK the monday it gets played.

I'm curious about the Fez- Being Born and not being Fez (Being Born). You generally don't see a dash like that.

Regardless... I'm FIRED UP!!

The two bars in the middle of the album artwork is very tacky. Don't like it at all.

I'm not to keen on a few of the album titles. IGCIIDGCT, White As Snow, Fez - being born.. WTF :huh: and where the hell is Tripoli :mad: I was so looking forward to hearing Tripoli. I'm a little disappointed.

Well, sort of. I understand what you're saying. Certainly the title of a song isn't going to affect my enjoyment of a song. Ultimately the songs should be judged on their musical content. However, there are some real clunkers for names here. One is objectively awful, and a couple more are pretty weak.

Lengthening Crazy Tonight is terrible, and as someone else noted, the total lack of logic involved is sort of shocking. That's just a head-scratching decision.

Get On Your Boots - ugh
Stand Up Comedy - ugh
Fez-Being Born - I don't think Being Born is particularly bad, but adding Fez is curious. Benefit of the doubt.

this :up:

Guys anyone think Fez - Being Born could mean it's really two songs moulded together? I have no clue obviously but it's something to consider

They're putting over the top security on a single trying to control it's release, for fears "it'll be all over the internet" *Irish newspaper source* but after that they are gonna play it on radio and not release it for another several weeks. By that time we'll all have it :shrug:

I think what they want is for it all to break at the same time.
They know full well it will be distributed as soon as the radio stations have it

Unless they have some copyright protection that nobody else has.

I see what you are saying.

I agree. Folks bitch about odd titles like Fez...is it a change or not?

Yeah, Fez sounds like a risk taking title, same as Stand Up Comedy, although I don't like the title "Stand Up Comedy" i'm pretty sure the song will mean something. :wink:

This is a double album!!!!!!!

It's like, 5 on the first and 6 on the other!

Back
Top Bottom